Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 7:31 AM
Default Annoying Video Game Characters
Omochao :/
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 8:50 AM
Gesundheit!

One S, two As.
Scholar
#3 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 7:02 PM
Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines

Nines: He's so hard to please. Every time I talk to him, he keeps growling at me. I guess it's my fault for playing a Toreador.

Jack: What a Goddamn tease! Put out already!

Any Malkavian: They creep me out. The first time I played one I almost jumped when I heard...the voices ...
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 7:05 PM
Star Fox's team and Navi.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Field Researcher
#5 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Black_Barook!
Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines

Nines: He's so hard to please. Every time I talk to him, he keeps growling at me. I guess it's my fault for playing a Toreador.

Jack: What a Goddamn tease! Put out already!

Any Malkavian: They creep me out. The first time I played one I almost jumped when I heard...the voices ...

You actually made VTM:BL work? Damn, I'm envious. I've been trying forever and I've been hearing such great things about that game.

One S, two As.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by unalisaa
You actually made VTM:BL work? Damn, I'm envious. I've been trying forever and I've been hearing such great things about that game.

Is there a problem with it? I played through that several times. Good times. Though now I think about it, there were several scary times too. That hotel the first time ...
Scholar
#7 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 7:39 PM
I think perhaps this is better suited for Greater Gaming forum?

Anyhow, hmmm... Morrigan from Dragon Age; because she is SUCH a total bitch. I mean, I sort of get why. It does make sense in some context of her upbringing, I think. But my god, it's not so much that I hate her, but more like... I just want to scream at her, like, "You vile thing disguised in human flesh! You are bleaker than the darkspawn themselves, you rancid-blooded bitch! I would fare better discussing the morality of human dignity with devouring beasts of antarctic wastes spoken of by the Chasind!" and then get wasted with Oghren. So maybe it's not so much annoying as... something else.

But, I hear different ideas from others who've romanced her and such; an achievement I have yet to try.

Is that a shillelagh in your pocket, or are you just sinning against God?
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#8 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nekowolf
I think perhaps this is better suited for Greater Gaming forum?

Yes indeed.

Also: Pit in Super Smash Bros. Brawl is incredibly irritating. Everyone agrees with me, right? Great.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 8:04 PM
Oh? never knew there was one. I'll move it. How do I close my thread
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#10 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 8:06 PM
No need. It seems it's been moved to the right place.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Mad Poster
#11 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 8:16 PM
Mad Poster
#12 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by unalisaa

It needs to be patched, with the latest 'Unofficial Patch': http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php . I also found that for some reason to do with the graphics, the only way I could get it to run was to run it in a window, which I was able to make large enough to nearly fill the screen, so running it in a window wasn't too much of a nuisance.

For me, the most annoying VTMB character has to be Sebastian LaCroix, although I find him kind of endearing in an amusing sort of way too. Damsel comes a close second, although she redeems herself with that angry outburst she comes out with about Ming Xiao later in the game, which always makes me chortle out loud.

Also can't stand Sid the jet pilot from Deus Ex: Invisible War - I always want to shoot him as soon as he makes his first appearance in the game.
Instructor
#13 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 8:46 PM
Cid in Kingdom Hearts 2.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
It needs to be patched, with the latest 'Unofficial Patch': http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php . I also found that for some reason to do with the graphics, the only way I could get it to run was to run it in a window, which I was able to make large enough to nearly fill the screen, so running it in a window wasn't too much of a nuisance.

Thank you, I greatly appreciate it. I'll give it a try as soon as I get around to it.

One S, two As.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
It needs to be patched, with the latest 'Unofficial Patch': http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php .

Oh thanks for that - I'm almost tempted to reinstall. What kind of problems do people have? I never had any difficulty at all running that game. I did install the official patches to deal with one or two obvious glitches but the game ran right off the CD for me. I'm trying to remember whether any of the characters particularly annoyed me from that game but my memory of it is that it was almost universally enjoyable. I liked Nines and whassissname .... Beckett. I didn't like the Eastern boss woman or the bodyguard of Sebastian (was it?) or Sebastian himself, the werewolf and several others but that was mainly because they were hard to KILL! Die, dammit, die! I have similar issues with other games. Who mentioned Morrigan? Yus, I didn't like her much either and it bugged me that the only way to save both Alistair and me was to take her along on the last leg of the game. I would so much have preferred to take someone else.
Scholar
#16 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 10:03 PM
Eh, I thought Morrigan wasn't bad. She was hard, but I understood her. I've got a couple of friends who are similarly hard on the outside, while being relatable and more sympathetic when you know them. And Morrigan really wasn't a bad person, she just didn't want to be taken advantage of, so she tried to push people away. I wasn't annoyed by anyone in Dragon Age: Origins, but I wasn't fond of Merill in DA2. She wasn't super annoying, but she was boring and childish.

I'll probably get waves of hate sent at me for this, but I wasn't too fond of Deekin in the NWN expansions, either. He's supposed to be the adorably inept sidekick, but, to me, he's simply inept.

In The Longest Journey, I find the main character, April, annoying. At first she just seems like an airheaded runaway who hates her dad, but you find out in a later conversation with her mom that she's really kind of a psychopath. The night she ran away from home, she pushed her father down the stairs, breaking his arm and forcing him to take time off of work, cutting his earning potential. This prevents her parents from being able to afford college for her younger brother. She feels no remorse about this. At first, I was plodding along, even with her whiny, self-centered attitude, but I actually stopped playing the game after this conversation because I lost all ability to relate to the protagonist. I'll try to pick up the game again at some point, but I'm still rather disillusioned with a game that puts a heartless bitch in place as the savior of worlds.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 10:52 PM
Three Dog from Fallout 3. That guy was one annoying, self-righteous son of a bitch.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Oaktree
I wasn't annoyed by anyone in Dragon Age: Origins, but I wasn't fond of Merill in DA2. She wasn't super annoying, but she was boring and childish.

She grew on me but I know what you mean.

Quote: Originally posted by Oaktree
I'll probably get waves of hate sent at me for this, but I wasn't too fond of Deekin in the NWN expansions, either. He's supposed to be the adorably inept sidekick, but, to me, he's simply inept.

*gasp* <laugh> you're not kidding, I thought Deekin was universally loved like Garrus. hisssssssssssss
Scholar
#19 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 12:41 AM
Heh. :D

I don't know what it is, but supposedly cute characters just don't work on me and, more often than not, are simply annoying. I like the strong, responsible, competent characters best. I just can't stand whiners and idiots. :P
Theorist
#20 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 3:29 AM Last edited by vhanster : 25th Jul 2011 at 6:34 AM.
Snow Villiers from Final Fantasy XIII. Well, his moves are OK I guess, but I can't stand his "I'm-the-hero" personality
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 5:02 AM
Vanille from FFXIII and the Magus sisters from FFX-2, I never finished that game because of their "delta attack" *sigh*
Theorist
#22 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 9:46 AM
The first two are from Dragon Age: Origins.

1. Jowan is from the human mage story. In short, he chooses to risk everything on his hunches. When the the consequences draw closer he claims that fate is to blame and not he, that just wanted to protect himself. He draws on and on about how he did his best to control a situation that by nature is waiting to send out waves of disaster. These waves are what Jowan sees as fate that will abide no innocent. Yet Jowan is no innocent because he could have stopped at anytime to help stem the mess. Oh, poor Jowan just wanted to help, but fate had it out for him that day. Now because he deserved it, but because fate hates him for being a good person in his soul.

2 Leilana, what have you been smoking that makes you light up with flowers. Yes, you are an ancient river of joy saving those poor miserable unbelievers who are bad inside. It is up to you, and you alone to touch them so that they magically come in tune to your senses and realize that they are the weavers of sin and the sowers of misery. And by admittance to the Chantry you will have proved that sophism and singing are all it takes to deal with the unfortunate pauper who is not happy with his life.

Note: Ambien coming into effect right now.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#23 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
The first two are from Dragon Age: Origins.

1. Jowan is from the human mage story. In short, he chooses to risk everything on his hunches. When the the consequences draw closer he claims that fate is to blame and not he, that just wanted to protect himself. He draws on and on about how he did his best to control a situation that by nature is waiting to send out waves of disaster. These waves are what Jowan sees as fate that will abide no innocent. Yet Jowan is no innocent because he could have stopped at anytime to help stem the mess. Oh, poor Jowan just wanted to help, but fate had it out for him that day. Now because he deserved it, but because fate hates him for being a good person in his soul.

2 Leilana, what have you been smoking that makes you light up with flowers. Yes, you are an ancient river of joy saving those poor miserable unbelievers who are bad inside. It is up to you, and you alone to touch them so that they magically come in tune to your senses and realize that they are the weavers of sin and the sowers of misery. And by admittance to the Chantry you will have proved that sophism and singing are all it.

Yeah, I wasn't keen on Leliana either. Jowan didn't bother me so much - he was a necessary character for the plot. Weak, yes, but necessary. You needed him to tell that story effectively and as you didn't have to have him with you or relate to him particularly, it was fine. After all, there were plenty of unpleasant NPCs in that game.

I tell you who annoyed me: Kelly Chambers from Mass Effect 2. She made me grind my teeth every time I talked to her. Also Miranda. Ugh.
Scholar
#24 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 6:48 AM
Miranda of Mass Effect 2. I also disliked Ashley in the original game, but she practically begs for you to resolve the issue of having to share a time zone with her via nuclear fission. Miranda, by contrast, is deliberately made harder to kill by the mathematics of the Suicide Mission, from what I've observed.

"It's so hard being perfect! Abloo abloo abloo!" and "Technically, any biotic could do it." Combined with her provoking fights with Jack (who'd I'd probably dislike more if it wasn't for Miranda being so unpleasant), and her constantly waving her ass in the camera. Just look at her!

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#25 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 12:57 PM
Yup, that's Miranda's ass. I'd recognise it anywhere. Doesn't Miranda die if you get her to provide the biotic shield for that walk through the clouds of little bee collectors in the collector ship in the final mission? Or is it because Shepard helps her there that whoever else you are with gets taken? I never let her do it. I've always used Samara or Jack for that. I can't let any of them die, my Shepard is such a wimpy paragon.

Page 1 of 5