Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#51 Old 1st Jan 2006 at 12:39 PM
www.dreamfall.com

Get ready for the next in the Longest Journey story... April Ryan returns along with two additional characters. It's gone full 3D now and its looking pretty sexy. Ragnar Tornquist is still the man in charge so things are looking very promising.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Advertisement
#52 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 4:58 AM
The only game I play is the sims. I prefer board games and 'surfing the net' or web or whatever. I'm so cool, lol.
Test Subject
#53 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 9:48 AM
Favorite Games:

Freelancer
Call of Duty United Offensive
Combat Flight Simulator 2
Homeworld 1 and 2

Those are probably the ones at the very top of my list.
#54 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 1:57 PM
Guild Wars at the moments has been taken up most of my game time, and I've build 3 level 20 characters within 2 months. i think i am an addict!!!!!!!!!!! its even taken me away from The Sims2 and I still haven't installed sim2 nightlife .... i received the 2 games togethers Guild wars and nightlife, installed guild wars and....... hahahahahahaha
Test Subject
#55 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 11:12 PM
Oh I forgot to mention Rome: Total War. I absolutely love that game.

Freelancer
Homeworld 1 and 2
Rome: Total War

Much better :D
Test Subject
#56 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 5:22 PM
Right now The Movies. I can't wait until they come out with their 1st expansion pack.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 4:01 AM
As you can tell my all time favorite is Silent HIll obviously by the signature. All the games of Silent Hill as a matter of fact. I also love the Metroid Prime series.

"...one person's cult is another's religion; all religions begin life as cults. An alternative definition is that a cult is a religion which you happen to dislike." Anthony Campbell
#58 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 12:47 AM
Civilization III and IV. They rock. Fable and Myst are cool too, along with any old James Bond games.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 7:35 AM
My favorite game outside the sims is:

Tropico (Mucho Macho Ed.)
Inventor
#60 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 8:52 PM
The next installment of FF will be worth waiting for!
#61 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 10:17 PM
GC - The Legend of Zelda (any in the series)

PS - Tomb Raider (any in the series)

PS2 - Silent Hill (any in the series until the new Tomb Raider comes out, then we'll have to see )
Scholar
#62 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by piggysnouts
Oh I forgot to mention Rome: Total War. I absolutely love that game.

Freelancer
Homeworld 1 and 2
Rome: Total War

Much better :D

I've been debating whether or not to install the Rome: Total Realism mod...apparently, it's VERY good...but I haven't played much of Rome: Total War to start with.

I enjoyed Homeworld 2 as well--though since I beat it, I haven't reinstalled it (I bought it originally for the Star Wars mod, heh).

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
retired moderator
#63 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 4:30 AM
The Total Realism mod is excellent and comes highly recommended.

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
#64 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeroalphakid
My favorite game outside the sims is:

Tropico (Mucho Macho Ed.)

my cousin had that game, it looked pretty good, now i want to try it but i cant find it anywheres
Test Subject
#65 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 11:34 PM
1503 AD -- I'm too impatient, the people love me but I can't make the bank do the same. You plant a colony and make it grow and thrive (or die). Planning and problem-solving are intrinsic gaming skills, as is patience which I lack enough of.

Populous -- wish it would upgrade so I can play it again, you had to make a world

Sierra -- King's Quest, Hero's Quest, etc. They told a story while you played.

Tetris -- helped get me many a job with those typing skills.
retired moderator
#66 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Catrilla
Populous -- wish it would upgrade so I can play it again, you had to make a world

Peter Molyneux did release follow ups to Populous. Populous - The Beginning was the most recent and the closest to looking like a current gen title. You should have no issues playing it but it is an old game with looks to boot.

#67 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 5:09 PM
I like Age of Empires 2 and 3, Unreal Tournament 2004, Simcity 3000, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, and GTA: San Andreas.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 11:11 PM
Unreal 04- best FPS, mods, graphics, charecter styles, weapons, gameplay.
The pokemon RPG seriese- okay the show is for little kids IMO but the games are for anyone, by far the best RPG ive laid hands on (and kept them on firmly!)
WWF/E seriese- Best (3D) fighter- Again, ignore the now obismal TV show, you have a great game, looks stunning and you can do so much gameplay wise, been an owner since smackdown 2.
Street Fighter seriese- Best (2D) fighter- TBH i played with Ryu and a few other guys and fell in love, i took it round my mates and thrashed him, and now it's coming to the 360 .
erm (starts to think of game collection, i only buy games i know i will love, wbich means ive had to do sub catagories)
Resident Evil 4, and 3: nemises-best shooting action survival game- Well one number 3 it was **** scary and so much fun cos i did it with my friends and just really fun. Number 4, am braving it alone and loving my shotgun and the enemies being vapourised with it.
Burnout seriese- Best Driving Game- This just blows all other Driving games outta the water, just, these graphically amazin cars screaming down the highway at 200mph then wrapping themselves round a centres divide then carearing into a rival. i laughe each time i play this.
Platformer- Crash or Spyro- Both are really fun and bright and take time to complete.
Sims 2- Best simulation- Just...erm...WOW.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 11:20 PM
Tomb Raider, and I like the Simpsons Hit and Run! And yes, also Crash Bandicoot and Spyro games. lol I haven't played them in ages but you know I think they're cool!

[X] I'm yeah, kinda dark. But I'm happy. Not sad. I'm just shy and nervous...[X]
- Clea DuVall
~ Fydolla Ho ROCK! ~
"You suck." "OMG seriously?!!" "...Yes."
#70 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 4:53 AM
The Tony Hawk and Gran Turismo series and Devil May Cry (mmmm... Dante *drool*)
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 10:31 AM
Simsister, thanks for reminding me! I love Tomb Raider, and also how could i forget Worms?
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 7:36 PM
my fav game other than sims is 7 Sins,Larry Leisure Suit and Singles they are all like sims really buıt nowhere near as good
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 8:25 AM
I love Myst IV, it's such an awesome game. I've just finished it two days ago actually, and man, that took me a LONG time It can be really hard at times.

Martine
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 10:21 PM
I don't know if I would call this my fav comp game but lately I've been playing Total Overdose which is like the latino version of GTA (not by the same makers though). It's pretty good, or good enough to be a deversion at least. I also play Maple Story from time to time.

/// My Studio /// My Twitter ///
retired moderator
#75 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 12:15 AM
Total Overdose is a lot of fun. It is a pop-corn game... not exactly mentally fulfilling but a lot of fun nonetheless.

Page 3 of 9