Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2024 at 7:10 PM Last edited by CT04 : 27th Jan 2024 at 8:44 PM.
Default Milkshape 3D: Inside of model invisible
Hello,

As the title states, my model becomes invisible when I go to the inside of it (with the exception of the vertices), even when textures and/or coloured groups are on.
I've attached an image of what my problem looks like and another of how I expected it to look like.

Can anyone help me find a fix for this?

Thanks in advance!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jan 2024 at 8:44 PM
That's perfectly normal behavior if you haven't added an inside. Polygons/faces are one-sided by default. Unless you've added an inside to the mesh, it will show up like that.

You can set it up to do "Draw backfaces" (right-click in the 3D view and tick the option), if that helps with the editing, but this won't show up ingame, and you can easily fool yourself into thinking meshes have insides if you leave this setting on, so it can be a good idea to turn it off after use.

If you want the inside to show ingame, you need to duplicate the part of the mesh you want visible, turn it with "Face -> Reverse vertex order", and do "Align normals" to fix the normals (otherwise it will just be a black mess).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jan 2024 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
That's perfectly normal behavior if you haven't added an inside. Polygons/faces are one-sided by default. Unless you've added an inside to the mesh, it will show up like that.

You can set it up to do "Draw backfaces" (right-click in the 3D view and tick the option), if that helps with the editing, but this won't show up ingame, and you can easily fool yourself into thinking meshes have insides if you leave this setting on, so it can be a good idea to turn it off after use.

If you want the inside to show ingame, you need to duplicate the part of the mesh you want visible, turn it with "Face -> Reverse vertex order", and do "Align normals" to fix the normals (otherwise it will just be a black mess).

Thank you so much for your reply! 'Draw backfaces' was indeed the option I was looking for. That it won't show up in game via that option is fine. I just need it for editing. Again, thanks so much!