Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#126 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 7:03 AM
Civilization gets boring?!?!? Getouttatown!

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Advertisement
Scholar
#127 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElPresidente
Civilization gets boring?!?!? Getouttatown!

Depends on the circumstances.

Civilization 4, even with Spock, failed to grab me the same way Civ 3 did. Of course, that didn't keep me from spending a few dozen hours in it first!

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
retired moderator
#128 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 9:57 PM
You found the crippled half-cousin more compelling? :P

Not the biggest fan of Civ III here. Always preferred II and consider IV the best in the series.

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Scholar
#129 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 1:15 AM
You found the crippled half-cousin more compelling? :P

Not the biggest fan of Civ III here. Always preferred II and consider IV the best in the series.

So, Civ II is the retarded uncle, by your definition? :P

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
retired moderator
#130 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 7:43 AM
Yeah but one of those really lovable retarded uncles. :D

Scholar
#131 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 5:33 PM
Yeah but one of those really lovable retarded uncles. :D

I've always preferred the intelligent if "crippled" cousin myself. Thoughtful, coherent dialog after all. :D

Besides, Alpha Centauri is better than all of them...that's right, I went there.

retired moderator
#132 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 9:20 PM
Oh no you didn't! :P

Scholar
#133 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 1:52 PM
I'm still addicted to the game, eight years later....one of my all-time favorite titles. Must be the personality of the faction leaders, the hilarious dialog, and the awesome and often haunting secret projects.

Field Researcher
#134 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 6:26 PM
Oh, I mean, Civ IV is at the same time a good game... but in the other hand, I can't stand by it (I only played Civ IV)

It's a very complex game though...

Well, let me continue my game, with Russia and Portugal trying to conquer the whole worldHaha! Gotta love the ruskies - IMO the best civ in the game.
Scholar
#135 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 5:27 PM
Civilization sucks. Always did always will.
retired moderator
#136 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Synthesis
I'm still addicted to the game, eight years later....one of my all-time favorite titles. Must be the personality of the faction leaders, the hilarious dialog, and the awesome and often haunting secret projects.

It is a brilliant game but too much preaching and philosophising... I'll keep it Civ style for preference.

And Black Barook you are not longer welcome in this section of the forums after comments like that. :P

(Just kidding)

Scholar
#137 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 1:06 AM
It is a brilliant game but too much preaching and philosophising... I'll keep it Civ style for preference.

And Black Barook you are not longer welcome in this section of the forums after comments like that. :P

(Just kidding)

Me, I've always found that the recent Civ games have too much goofing off and attempts at humor, for what should be a serious game. Doesn't mean I don't really like them.

Scholar
#138 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 11:15 AM

(Just kidding)

Can you blame me? Every time I play that game they ALL gang up on me. I don't even know why! The only way I can last for half an hour is to have a higher culture rating then all the other civis.
Field Researcher
#139 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Black_Barook!
Can you blame me? Every time I play that game they ALL gang up on me. I don't even know why! The only way I can last for half an hour is to have a higher culture rating then all the other civis.

Wait, you're arabicJust kidding my friend Anyway, we shall make another RON gameBut a serious one:P
Instructor
#140 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 6:57 PM
Spore's different stages of game play sounds great and the idea that you can play using other people's content is cool.

Now about Civ 4, specifically the Beyond the Sword expansion, if you've played it and got bored with it or got beat all the time, you've got to try the Fall from Heaven 2 mod. If you're into fantasy, you'll love this mod. Even tho it's still not complete, it's a treat to play. You want to play tree hugging elves or gold grubbing dwarfs, this is your game. Or say vampires, Orcs or mages it has it all. Needless to say I like this mod a lot.

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Field Researcher
#141 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimJymm
Spore's different stages of game play sounds great and the idea that you can play using other people's content is cool.

Now about Civ 4, specifically the Beyond the Sword expansion, if you've played it and got bored with it or got beat all the time, you've got to try the Fall from Heaven 2 mod. If you're into fantasy, you'll love this mod. Even tho it's still not complete, it's a treat to play. You want to play tree hugging elves or gold grubbing dwarfs, this is your game. Or say vampires, Orcs or mages it has it all. Needless to say I like this mod a lot.

Oh I like it now You know, I managed to conquer Spain and France(In a Russian/Portuguese war^^)

Love the beyond the sword expansion
Alchemist
#142 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 6:58 PM
Spore is going to be released on September 7th /08. A long time away, but at least we know!!
http://www.spore.com/screenshots.php?movieID=7&play=hi
#143 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 10:56 PM
I got the e-mail about it earlier today. I was running through my house, flailing with excitement. Good thing I was home alone at the time.

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
Field Researcher
#144 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 7:32 PM
I think that it sounds really cool. I watched the video about it, and it looks amazing.
#145 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 6:16 PM
I like this game) It was really interesting to raise new kinds of substances
retired moderator
#146 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 10:54 PM
Might be time to shut this thread methinks and direct all future posts to the Spore subsection of these forums which happens to be here.

Page 6 of 6