Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#351 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
Also in regards to the actual topic...will it rain in Cats and Dogs or is that puddle they're playing with in the trailer...you know...something else? XD Heck maybe it will rain and that's the real reason why the pack is called Cats and Dogs.

Great minds think alike! :D
Advertisement
Instructor
#352 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 8:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge

Awww you made yourself sad? That's sad.

But look at it this way; if it doesn't have rain, maybe when they do add weather they'll actually make a cohesive control system which we can use to meddle with the weather, switching hemisphere and proximity to the equater at our leisure. Whereas if the weather is released separately it will most likely suffer from the whole: no update for you, lol silly rabbit expansion pack features aren't meant to work together! syndrome that seems to happen alot...such as the Bot-Fan Trait not working with Simbots in Sims 3, or the fact that the clone between forms feature used by vampires hasn't been added to Aliens in Sims 4, despite them sorely needing the feature imo.

...or is hoping for a neat little convienient package that functions like a smooth well-oiled machine too optimistic with this franchise?
Theorist
#353 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 8:35 AM
Awww you made yourself sad? That's sad.

But look at it this way; if it doesn't have rain, maybe when they do add weather they'll actually make a cohesive control system which we can use to meddle with the weather, switching hemisphere and proximity to the equater at our leisure. Whereas if the weather is released separately it will most likely suffer from the whole: no update for you, lol silly rabbit expansion pack features aren't meant to work together! syndrome that seems to happen alot...such as the Bot-Fan Trait not working with Simbots in Sims 3, or the fact that the clone between forms feature used by vampires hasn't been added to Aliens in Sims 4, despite them sorely needing the feature imo.

...or is hoping for a neat little convienient package that functions like a smooth well-oiled machine too optimistic with this franchise?

We can't even control pets and you think we're going to be able to control weather? How would they be able to make it do "wondrous and unexpected things."

Expecting any amount of coherency from a Sims 4 Expansion pack is far too much to ask.
Instructor
#354 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 8:50 AM
We can't even control pets and you think we're going to be able to control weather? How would they be able to make it do "wondrous and unexpected things."

Expecting any amount of coherency from a Sims 4 Expansion pack is far too much to ask.

Why isn't there a sad tab next to the funny one?
Heck I'd even settle for one that said bittersweet

Edit: I suppose I'll just have to settle for the funny tab but clarify that tis hollow bitter laughter.
Test Subject
#355 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 6:02 PM
One mod which I found added (perhaps too much) depth to my own TS4 game was the 'Depressed Mod'. I removed it as I found it a bit too intense, but I find the 'Personality Please' mod helps with some tweaks.

Back to Cats and Dogs:
I'm really looking forward to seeing how they interact with unplayed pets on community lots.
Forum Resident
#356 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zellbean
One mod which I found added (perhaps too much) depth to my own TS4 game was the 'Depressed Mod'. I removed it as I found it a bit too intense, but I find the 'Personality Please' mod helps with some tweaks.

Back to Cats and Dogs:
I'm really looking forward to seeing how they interact with unplayed pets on community lots.
Oh, I just installed this "Personality Please" mods and some of the extra ones. Haven't played yet, but hope it'll be fun.

I don't know what's there to say about pets on community lots. I can't imagine anything else than TS3 - The pets will walk around, jump on stuff, interact with some people, the usual stuff. Are there any other possibilities they could do?
Mad Poster
#357 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 6:09 PM

Off-topic, black is so hot, I want it. How do i change the layout into black.

On topic: It was always a trend with TS4, where it had precise and usually literal names for a content pack to describe it well as a hole. Dogs & Cats is no exception, it includes only these pets AFA-We-Inform. EA knew If they were to name it "pets", the fans wouldn't literally understand and would let them pass for naming such because verry ironically it lacks in variety of pets. Where do you think a vampire game pack and bowling stuff pack go there name from? City Living is about living in a City, not building a new one or expanding it. Get together premise was about clubs, which its sytem lives up to it's name for the task it carries (gets sims together). And so on, and so on.
Theorist
#358 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zellbean

Normally I'd guess there's no way to interact with stray pets because we can't tell our pets to interact with them but then I remembered this is TS4 and it might as well be called an "Obsessive, Annoying Social Interaction Simulator"

OASIS... oh my god, Oasis... Vacations... Vacation EP confirmed?
Mad Poster
#359 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 7:50 PM
It would likely be a game pack.

A tropical location would be a safe bet, with resort/hotel room ownership - likely coming out on the summer or whatever.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#360 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Off-topic, black is so hot, I want it. How do i change the layout into black.

Like this.
Scholar
#361 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 12:51 AM
Right? Hitler lifted Germany out of a terrible recession, probably the worst one in world history. Developed the first animal rights legislation including the banning if vivisection and placing hunting limits on endangered wildlife. Developed the worlds first anti-smoking legislation limiting the sale and use of tobacco in public areas. With Volkswagen he helped make cars realistically affordable for the average citizen. Not to mention the Nazi's cruel experiments on humans lead to many medical breakthroughs that helped shape modern medicine that would never have ahppened otherwise. TBH, he was a great leader and it's not hard to see why so many people were willing to follow him.

There's just that little problem where he kinda snapped and decided to kill 6 million Jews :\ That was some pretty "bad behaviour."

As this generation of child educators would say "you're making bad choices"

It is telling that you get so many disagrees, because the reasons you listed was the reason why Hitler got elected in the first place. He was a very popular politician for many years in Germany because of that. Now in hindsight, we only focus on the evil he did (understandably, considering what he did). But if you look at how many people back then (not just Germans, also European and American politicians) kept downplaying the potential threat that was Hitler(or even supporting him), it should be a very important lesson to learn. Maybe it is just convenient memory loss, but anti semitism was very widespread throughout the western countries before WWII(several famous politicians were). This is also part of the reason why nobody seemed to care about all those anti jew law changes in Germany before the war started. This only changed after it became known that Hitler killed so many jews. After the war the perception of the Allies vs Axis became this ridiculous idea of good vs evil.

Anyway, a similar thing still happens, where people keep supporting a politician who acts against freedom of speech or worse, just puts opponents in jail. Or lets his security detail beat the crap out of some protesting American citizens (sound familiar?).

I know that this is very off topic, but I always wonder about how ppl talk about dictators from the past. As if this can't happen anymore and people are now a lot more wise. This annoys me. People in the past were not stupid.
Instructor
#362 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
It is telling that you get so many disagrees, because the reasons you listed was the reason why Hitler got elected in the first place. He was a very popular politician for many years in Germany because of that. Now in hindsight, we only focus on the evil he did (understandably, considering what he did). But if you look at how many people back then (not just Germans, also European and American politicians) kept downplaying the potential threat that was Hitler(or even supporting him), it should be a very important lesson to learn. Maybe it is just convenient memory loss, but anti semitism was very widespread throughout the western countries before WWII(several famous politicians were). This is also part of the reason why nobody seemed to care about all those anti jew law changes in Germany before the war started. This only changed after it became known that Hitler killed so many jews. After the war the perception of the Allies vs Axis became this ridiculous idea of good vs evil.

Anyway, a similar thing still happens, where people keep supporting a politician who acts against freedom of speech or worse, just puts opponents in jail. Or lets his security detail beat the crap out of some protesting American citizens (sound familiar?).

I know that this is very off topic, but I always wonder about how ppl talk about dictators from the past. As if this can't happen anymore and people are now a lot more wise. This annoys me. People in the past were not stupid.

Umm, you are right that Hitler was a popular politician, your right that Germany didn't just invent anti-semitism during that time period and that several countries and politicians were on that bandwagon, your even right that we focus waaaay too much on his evil when he was up in his Ivory tower being a dictator and executing honorable Generals for daring to care about their men and it was everyone else scrambling to lethally inject autistic kids and sellout their neighbours. Hitler was an evil man but it takes a country to make a dystopia.

What you AREN'T right about is him being elected, the Nazi party never held a majority, the only reason he was in a position to take power at all was actually because of corrupt political shenanigans on the part of Hindenburg and some other guy I can't remember the name of. They allowed him a position of power believing they could appease and control him (he was a bit of an upstart and they were trying to influence him into cooling it so he could be THEIR upstart) but when Hindenburg died Hitler be like: "Lol I'm taking his job kay?" and he was like to the other guy who didn't really have the same political power as Hindenburg anyway and he said "Lol I'm taking your job too" and then after maybe probably for sure burning down a building he went to the other parties and was like "Lol I'm taking all your jobs and if you disagree have a concerntration camp" and thus Nazi Germany was born.
Forum Resident
#363 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 4:04 AM
Okay but what does this have to do with The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs????
Instructor
#364 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WooHoo31
Okay but what does this have to do with The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs????

Heck if I know, I just reply to what's in front of me. I really don't know where the politics came from, I suspect we'd have to roll back to a previous point in the chat to get the whole story.
But the neuro-atypical in me refuses to let an opportunity to correct someone slide, so here we are

If you'd like I could go back to emphasizing how much of an atrocity it is that we can't control them? Or that we don't get horses, or that the terrible Autonomy in Sims 4 will likely mean they'll die without our help.

Also I really hope cats can swim in this...everyone always forgets that Maine Coon's love water.
Theorist
#365 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 6:45 AM
If you'd like I could go back to emphasizing how much of an atrocity it is that we can't control them? Or that we don't get horses, or that the terrible Autonomy in Sims 4 will likely mean they'll die without our help.
Right? It's going to be a complete disaster. Though as much as I like horses, I understand them not being included in this game considering how it's designed..

Also I really hope cats can swim in this...everyone always forgets that Maine Coon's love water.

As if. I'm guessing all cats are going to be hydrophobic. Especially where we can't control them to swim, it would look "silly" for cats to swim autonomously. And I am 93% sure they didn't bother making the "breeds" mean anything more than their outward appearance.
Mad Poster
#366 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 9:05 AM
Like this.

Will try it at home. The Disagree Fairies were probably bored with that full magic meter full by their side.
Theorist
#367 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 3:10 PM
I just want to know why. How salty do you need to be before you go around clicking dislike on every single post by a specific person, or in a particular thread, or in EVERY thread, or set up a bot or macro to do it for you. Like... Who hurt you?
Mad Poster
#368 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 8:24 PM
I'd argue that most people aren't really bad so much as scared, angry, miserable, self-centred, unfufilled and paranoid. That doesn't make them evil or irredeemable it just makes them people. In fact, Norway's prison systems show us that only a very very small percentage of the human population per area is actually irredeemable. Which likely means that the prisons and other such government facilities in most other countries just aren't doing their jobs properly and all the bad people that remain bad are entirely the fault of the current systems.

But of course it's much easier, to just say people are bad because their bad...and it is satisfying to pass judgement and create enemies is it not? So perhaps secretly everyone already knows the above, but chooses to ignore it so they can feel good about themselves.

Well, that's how I call these people, If you like it or not. "There is no bad people", well aren't all people angels? Might as well imply a serial killer is a veri gud boi.

Jokes aside, If anyone wants to feel good about themselves after the crime/fault they did, than they have to redeem yourself or show guilt/apology of what you did. Than I would reconsider to calling em 'good', unless of course - they cross the line again.

Not to get completely off-topic.... here's an emoji of a pet that won't probably be returning:
Instructor
#369 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Well, that's how I call these people, If you like it or not. "There is no bad people", well aren't all people angels? Might as well imply a serial killer is a veri gud boi.

Jokes aside, If anyone wants to feel good about themselves after the crime/fault they did, than they have to redeem yourself or show guilt/apology of what you did. Than I would reconsider to calling em 'good', unless of course - they cross the line again.

Not to get completely off-topic.... here's an emoji of a pet that won't probably be returning:

Just because I propose they aren't inherently evil, does not necessarily mean that I consider them angels. That's just your own rather obtuse reading of my words. Some people aren't ready to feel guilt/apologize and you have to teach someone kindness before you can teach them remorse. If you treat a monster monstrously they'll only become a bigger monster and you right along with them. You reap what you sow, they have sown your animosity and you shall sow theirs deeper still in turn. This is not up for debate, it's how things work.

Basic human nature 101, we exist not in a loop of trauma and abuse, but a steadily drilling spiral, that grows deeper with every bully and criminal who slips through the cracks without redemption.
Theorist
#370 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 6:49 AM
Just because I propose they aren't inherently evil, does not necessarily mean that I consider them angels. That's just your own rather obtuse reading of my words. Some people aren't ready to feel guilt/apologize and you have to teach someone kindness before you can teach them remorse. If you treat a monster monstrously they'll only become a bigger monster and you right along with them. You reap what you sow, they have sown your animosity and you shall sow theirs deeper still in turn. This is not up for debate, it's how things work.

Basic human nature 101, we exist not in a loop of trauma and abuse, but a steadily drilling spiral, that grows deeper with every bully and criminal who slips through the cracks without redemption.

@_@ Jesus this is getting 3 deep 5 me. Aren't we suppose to be talking about cutie kitties and playful puppies?
Instructor
#371 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 7:23 AM
@_@ Jesus this is getting 3 deep 5 me. Aren't we suppose to be talking about cutie kitties and playful puppies?

*shrugs* As always I just reply to what's in front of me.

Though really, these concepts aren't all that deep, honestly, I'm surprised these things even need to be explained. It's so logical you'd think everyone would just understand it inherently.

But what the hell...lets bring up the elephant in the room...when the heck are we finally getting Llamas?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#372 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by no particular person singled out
*shrugs* As always I just reply to what's in front of me.

That's exactly the same sentiment as expressed by anyone who uses other people's wrongdoings to excuse their own - including probably most nazis boom-boom. (Sorry just wanted to bring it full circle so it creates a satisfying point for getting back on topic)

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#373 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 1:13 PM
Switched to black. I like the black style a lot. Like I said, it's hot :O

I wonder if dogges and those-strange-lizars-whatya-call-em will die out of old age?
Instructor
#374 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
That's exactly the same sentiment as expressed by anyone who uses other people's wrongdoings to excuse their own - including probably most nazis boom-boom. (Sorry just wanted to bring it full circle so it creates a satisfying point for getting back on topic)

You see the problem with that premise, is that I don't actually consider derailing this thread to be a wrongdoing. Ergo I have no motive to obfuscate my actions. If anything it's doing all of us a favour...I just can't take credit for getting the ball rolling
Top Secret Researcher
#375 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 2:07 PM
I came here for cats & dogs info, and this... what?

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Page 15 of 18