Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#12676 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Try looking at images of Seoul and Tokyo for inspo! Use neons with the Far East objects perhaps?

Sounds like you have a full docket of projects (and I'm excited to see each one!)

That's basically the approach I've been taking! And aside from the University, which I eventually want to upload as a whole neighborhood, these aren't so much big single "projects" as they are "ways of organizing my projects" lol... I realized a while back that trying to piece together a whole city, and then eventually a whole world, actually gave me MORE inspiration for new creations, rather than feeling limiting. I actually have done the same with my more epic fantasy lots, though that crosses over with a D&D game I'm running for some friends lol...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#12677 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 7:27 AM Last edited by Pideli : 11th Mar 2024 at 7:38 AM.
After watching Donnie Darko, Social Bunny freaks me out... it even has the missing eye and everything... Who knew it was inspired by something so not kid friendly! I never wanna see him again XD
Mad Poster
#12678 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I'm trying to think of ways I can combine the typical requirements of a Far East vacation destination with a more urban aesthetic. (even if I may not actually PLAY it, I'm having fun trying to put lots of my more modern uploads together into a cohesive world) I'm satisfied enough with the general "plan" in my head for my main city of Cascadia, my fancy Ivy League university (which I SWEAR I'm still working on), and my mountain vacation destination based on the fake National Park I invented for Karen's vacation contest years ago, and then I have a vague notion of a more Caribbean/Spanish flavored tropical destination, and then an island Far East destination using my Mt. Hyaltitoud terrain and kind of flavored by my SimCity city I based it on, that could combine Far East with the more Pacific/Polynesian aspects of the tropical vacation destination, and also have another excuse for me to make modern skyscrapers (so long as I can figure out more than just hotels to stick in all of them!)

Singapore?
Mad Poster
#12679 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The Freezer clock combined with regular poses and face poses (if necessary) or other face animations, combined with the "Look at me" hack (4th wall), combined with angling the camera in the direction you want the sim to look while using the TAB camera (and then frezing that sim before you start posing the next sim) = chef's kiss

Also make sure to turn off free will, because sims will get lost in a ball game or some other activity if it's left on. It gets annoying after just 5 minutes...

Babies and toddlers can be frozen too (by editing the freezer clock), but to make them look in other directions you either have to pose them or use another sim or a cat/dog to make them turn their head, which tends to work with a bit of trial and failure. I have tried to poke at the "Look at" hack, but it didn't seem to work for them.

For the look at me, there's now also a Sim Turner by picknmix that gives you more options than the 4th wall hack. It's a little disco ball thing, and it comes with a bunch of options, including looking at camera, or looking at the object, or looking away from, or a certain angle. It's super useful, definitely recommend to anyone that's posing stuff. I did not know about it until I saw Charmful using it, now I use it all the time

And in regards to freezer clock, it can definitely get better with some simple TTAB edits. If you aren't comfortable, Charmful shared her edited one that you can get here, it enables ages and also visitors, which is handy as some forms of making a Sim controllable won't work for using the freezer clock

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#12680 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
Yeah the activity table works. It didn't look like a Joinable activity, but their relationship goes up when they both do it. They have no actions on the person. That table is a bit big. They one one free tile around it.

It takes up WAY less space and doesn't have the annoying route failure if you place it diagonally. Sims will walk through it though, if that bothers you. You could always place it on a walk around me block, I suppose?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#12681 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 12:49 AM
How do you spin it around reliably? I know you can sometimes turn objects by placing them into a slot, but a multi-tile doesn't go into slots. I noticed that toddlers stand awfully far from single user toys too (like the logic blocks). Their body appears on the tile where the toy is, but they're actually occupying a neighboring tile and have "animated/snapped" forward.

Look at this employee who is focused on the task of cleaning up a food dish. If they are well paid, they don't seem to exit for motives where normal people would have exited. After she is done, she can't clean anything though because she has Hurry Speed from the fire, and every object kicks her out.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#12682 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 3:32 AM
I sent my sim to a premade downtown lot, got really confused because I was 99% sure I had renovated it, then realized I'd actually renovated it in another hood.
Mad Poster
#12683 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 4:07 AM
How do you spin it around reliably?

I use the 45-degree cheat always turned on and the < > keys.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#12684 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 4:19 AM
I see. I didn't know about this cheat.
Mad Poster
#12685 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 6:35 AM
I see. I didn't know about this cheat.

Put this in your UserStartup file:
boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true

And depending on your keyboard outlay, either use the <> keys or , . keys to rotate the item. Gives you 45 degrees in addition to 90 degrees.

Some multi-tile objects will on a diagonal temporarily seem to act as 1-tile items, at least the green "grid", when placed (but won't place on OMSPs or anything like that).
Mad Poster
#12686 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 12:06 PM
Oh yes, sorry, I forgot about them not going onto OMSPs so the walk-around block won't work.

But yes I turn them using the 45 degree angle cheat, which is in my user startup cheat file so always turned on.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#12687 Old 13th Mar 2024 at 12:38 AM
I'm so close to the testing stage with my Hogwarts lot, there's really just two rooms (one in each half of the castle) that I'm stuck on- they're both kind of odd shapes, too big to be closets, too small to be classrooms, and everyone already has an office who should have one! I've literally combed through the Harry Potter wiki and honestly I've included just about everything already, so it's just such a sticking point now and I want to finish this!

Mad Poster
#12688 Old 13th Mar 2024 at 10:05 AM
I'm so close to the testing stage with my Hogwarts lot, there's really just two rooms (one in each half of the castle) that I'm stuck on- they're both kind of odd shapes, too big to be closets, too small to be classrooms, and everyone already has an office who should have one! I've literally combed through the Harry Potter wiki and honestly I've included just about everything already, so it's just such a sticking point now and I want to finish this!

If any place has a couple of weird, apparently not used for centuries, strangely furnished rooms, then it's Hogwarts!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12689 Old 13th Mar 2024 at 11:49 AM
I'm so close to the testing stage with my Hogwarts lot, there's really just two rooms (one in each half of the castle) that I'm stuck on- they're both kind of odd shapes, too big to be closets, too small to be classrooms,

Broom storage? Potions repository? Extra bathroom?
Forum Resident
#12690 Old 13th Mar 2024 at 1:04 PM

How about long-forgotten or hidden rooms of old manuscripts, spell-books, reagents and other detritus from earlier times?
A cloak room or a forgotten professor's office?

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Lab Assistant
#12691 Old 13th Mar 2024 at 4:48 PM

How about deleting one wall and placing decoration there?
Forum Resident
#12692 Old 13th Mar 2024 at 8:49 PM

House elf break rooms
Mad Poster
#12693 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 3:54 AM
I find the angry yowling noises cats make while shredding the furniture to be inordinately funny.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#12694 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 4:24 AM
A cat becomes a weapon of mass destruction, lol.

I increased the population limit on a community lot when an Electrono Ticket Machine is active to be similar to downtown, between 7 and 11 visitors. Now nobody ever leaves anymore. They sleep, they get coffee and keep paying. They're supposed to check every hour On Timer with "UpdateBandatronCustomer" to decide whether to sign up another hour or leave. That doesn't even consult the population limit. There is some motive and loyalty stuff inside. I removed modifications for the Electrono Ticket Machine, and visitors still don't leave.

I saw a walkby child come and sign up to a nightclub. Without a stepping stool. I didn't even think they could do it. He left for being a child.

I had this idea that I would push them to leave at inherited priority first. And after one hour I would push them at maximum priority. That seems sound, but they never leave in the first place like they had mixed a love potion with snapdragons and the oil from the bubble blower.

They have some weirdness with double beds. They refuse to sleep next to another person, complain about it to the camera, and leave the bed blocked. I never had more than 1 or 2 visitors sleeping before, and the problem didn't show.

Why is the Electrono Ticket Machine called a "bandatron"? Does it mean something? It looks like the panel where you get a queue number (without paying). Those seem to be everywhere now, and customers no longer need to line up and ask "who is last".
Mad Poster
#12695 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 4:26 AM
If you google the word 'bandatron' you get mostly Sims 2 results, lol. There's a few results for the band Atron.

Here's one thread trying to speculate on the etymology: https://modthesims.info/t/513282

Inventor
#12696 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 5:13 AM
It's a word that the developers have invented.
Mad Poster
#12697 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 6:42 AM
Except in-game it's the Electrono-Ticket Machine. For some reason the players started calling it the bandatron.

Inventor
#12698 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 7:27 AM
That is the technical name of the object. It is usually different from the catalog name, without creative writing and jokes.
Mad Poster
#12699 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 12:38 AM
My IRL job has a lot of digital file management that I have to keep track of and so there's all sorts of naming conventions for managing hundreds and hundreds of active files that let you know what to find quickly, and for some reason it annoys me to realize that I've started doing more and more of that same thing with my Sims project files too, even though it makes just as much sense!

Mad Poster
#12700 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 3:33 AM
Funny background events: A cat shredding up a sofa while two Sims have their first kiss.

Page 508 of 520