Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 3:48 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 21st Feb 2007 at 6:32 PM. Reason: removed attachment
New mesh has wrong indoor shadows
Hello.

I just did create a new sculpture mesh, and everything is ok, except for the indoor shadow.

The outdoor shadow is alright, but when I place the object indoor, it shows the shadow of the object I cloned it from (Measure of a Sim).

Is there anything I can do to change that?

(ps: the .rar contains three objects, it's all the same object, just in different sizes, and the indoor shadow is wrong for all of them)
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 4:07 PM
Here is a tutorial on how to create an accurate shadow .
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 4:26 PM
Thank you, I hope it will help me.

edit: I just saw that the tutorial is for milkshape, but I only use Wings3d, do you know if there's a tutorial for wings3d too, or if I have to download milkshape to get accurate shadows?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 11:32 AM
I don't want to bump the thread, but since I edited my last post the new question might not have been seen, and I I really would want to get an answer:

The tutorial is for milkshape, but I only use Wings3d, do you know if there's a tutorial for wings3d too, or if I have to download milkshape to get accurate shadows?
Part-time Hermit
#5 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 2:29 PM
The tutorial is written for Milkshape, but, as far as I can see, the steps are in no way specific to Milkshape. Basically you just need to be able to resize the shadow mesh and then view the object from above, and that should be possible in any mesh editor.
Locked thread | Locked by: IgnorantBliss Reason: question answered