Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 6:38 AM
Default What is this strange shadow, please?
And can it be fixed?

It isn't my mesh but if I can fix it I will because I like the sofa. I've had other objects do the same. Maybe there's something going on with my game? Don't think so. Anyway, here's a screenshot:

Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 11:59 AM
Bump? It's been a week, anyone know anything about this?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 12:07 PM
Well I remember weird shadows like that in one or two builds of the S3PE mesh plugin... Otherwise the only thing I can think of is you accidentally messed with your dropshadow meshgroup. Or the occluders.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Well I remember weird shadows like that in one or two builds of the S3PE mesh plugin... Otherwise the only thing I can think of is you accidentally messed with your dropshadow meshgroup. Or the occluders.

Thanks, Inge Jones, and I sure am glad to see you're back in the Sims community. Your knowledge has been so helpful to so many of us.

This isn't my mesh, so I have no idea how it was made. I think it's a conversion from Sims 3, but I'm not sure. If so, then the S3PE glitch could be a problem. I was thinking maybe I could fix the problem myself, but it sounds like it might be better if I tracked down the original creator.

Once again, thank you