Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#101 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 8:38 AM
I used to have The legend of Spyro. I have no idea why i deleted it, because i didn't even finish the game. :confused: I remember i was stuck on one level, and i was annoyed by it, maybe that's the reason. Now i can't find the darn game and i really miss it... :frying:
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#102 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 4:44 AM
The games i miss playing the most is Bust-A-Groove 1 and 2 and also Theme Hospital. I still have my theme hospital but it's so scratched up that i can't play it long before it freezes up. That was out way before the Sims.
Test Subject
#103 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 11:14 PM
I don't know if you remember any of the virtual pet games. I got my first one as a kid in a kids meal at KFC. I loved that thing to death, i don't remember ever getting to purchase one. But i loved it though.
#104 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 12:01 AM
Golden Axe and Street of Rage..re-makes please?
#105 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:48 PM
Diablo II & Starcraft
#106 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by triplea
Diablo II & Starcraft

hehe, I play Starcraft brood war all the time!
#107 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 6:52 PM
I remember my Dogz game-similar to sims 2, but with dogs :D.
Then I remember I always used to play Oregon Trail xD-but I only beat it once.
Then Simcity I, which was fun but got boring after a little while.
And of course Zoo tycoon, but I got Zoo tycoon 2 recently, so its all good :D
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 12:05 AM
I miss playing sonic the hedgehog 2... on the sega genesis game system way back when, that was THE coolest thing ever!

More recently, Worms2 and of course Age of Empires 1 and 2
#109 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AzrielParasiel
I miss playing sonic the hedgehog 2... on the sega genesis game system way back when, that was THE coolest thing ever!

More recently, Worms2 and of course Age of Empires 1 and 2

AHH I remember Sonic the hedgehog.
I was only 7 so I was couldnt beat it, but I remember one time my babysitter did.
But one fateful day we sold it at a garage sale for 30 bucks D:
Test Subject
#110 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 10:55 PM
I miss playing Galaga at the local arcade. Yes, there's the Namco Museum packs, but there's nothing like pumping quarters into your favorite arcade game and playing it in the arcade.

Current Avatar - KingChessmon from Digimon

Soon to come - Sims 3 Stuffage! *Gets out pen*
#111 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 5:59 PM
harvest moon...^_^
#112 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 5:37 AM
i played star ocean 2 when i was in like 2nd grade. i didn't understand the story or anything but just looooved it. n.n my first rpg.

i'd give anything to play it again, but i sold my ps1.
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 10:48 AM
Many of those games mentioned such as Day of The Tentacle, Sam and Max are now abandonwarez and are freely downloadable, and the SNES games, playstation games, etc, can be played on your PC using an emulator, so no excuse in missing those.

My list goes on I miss

SimCity 2000 (Most playable one in my opinion, you could leave the simulation running for days, with SC4 its just irrating.)
Crusader I + II (DOS)
Warcraft I+II
Rise of the Traids
Heroes II+III
Ultima series was great too esciapply Ultima 4 even though I couldn't finish it, the Abyss is virtually impossible. Finished 5 though.

I meaning to play them all one day, until my interest in the Sims2 dimishes, but then there probably be the Sims3 so well.

But I don't miss Sims1, (maybe some of the objects but not the actual game) I still got it on my computer, I haven't downloaded a Sims1 item in over 2 years now, its not worth the time anymore.
Test Subject
#114 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
This discussion brings back fond memories! I really liked playing those quest games in which you had to click on stuff and type text to get the interraction. They don't make them anymore, now most of the games are arcade or shooters and I don't like them much. I played Space Quest I-VI, Leisure Suit Larry I-VI(this was tough as I didn't think like the character LOL :D), Return to Zork, Hero Quest I-IV. I don't think they run anymore on my computer but I'm still keeping them.

Sierra's website is selling brand-new editions of the King's Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest and Leisure Suit Larry collections which allegedly run just fine on WinXP.
Test Subject
#115 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 10:38 AM
I especially miss:

A shareware game called Nalakh, which, even in DosBox, has screwed-up graphics on my Pentium 4.
Laura Bow: Dagger of Amon-Ra. My fourth floppy went bad a couple years back, assuming it would even run anymore.
Castle of Dr. Brain. My secondhand copy of it only came with 5 1/4" disks, which, of course, no computer has a drive for anymore.
Field Researcher
#116 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 11:09 AM
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time
Theme Hospital
Jazz Jackrabbit 1, 2, 3, and homecooked levels
Hocus Pocus
#117 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 6:07 PM
Well has anyone here heard of Gametap? It's got ALOT of old games including old DOS games, and most importantly it has Carman Sandiego ^.^. If anyone wants the link PM me, and I'll let you know more details. I've been playing alot of them, it's also got Ultima 1-5 I believe in DOS. It's also got alot of the Tycoon games as well, and yes it has the orginal arcade version of Golden Axe ^.^. I've been addicted to Stronghold. But let me know if you want more info, sounds like alot of you like some of the games on there ^.^.
Test Subject
#118 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 6:03 PM
I have to say Red Alert 2. I loved playing as the rooskies and marching on Washington D.C. I wish I could find my CD so I could install it again. It has to be one of my favourite RTS games.
#119 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 7:00 PM
Sonic on the sega megadrive!! Woop! Loved that thing! hehe. Still play it now sometimes actually, so i don't miss it entirely, but i have to get the old mega-drive out the cupboard and dust it off and it's too much effort usually! lol
Then there was supermario on the snezz, that was cool. Not got a snezz anymore now so can't play that...
And when i got my n64 i loved goldeneye and diddy kong racing. No idea where that is now so they're lost too *sniff*
Test Subject
#120 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 8:23 PM
I miss my older PS2 games, the ones that had a blue underside. My PS2 is older, and can no longer read the blue-bottom discs, so I can't play Crazy Taxi or my favorite, Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland. I'd have to buy a new PS2, and frankly, they're still too expensive to get a new one. Maybe the price will drop now that the PS3 is out...
#121 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LoKain

I miss the artist on the Castlevania series I hate the anime look now, just because their aiming the younger market dosent mean they have to get the horrible cartoon depiction of castlevania.

Isn't that Yoshitaka Amano's (I may have his first name wrong) work who did the FF series and Vampire Hunter D?

I miss the Gabriel Knight series. Someone has to make new ones eventually!
Test Subject
#122 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 8:37 PM
Off and on I miss my copy of The Suffering. I let a friend borrow it several months ago and it still hasn't come back to me. I could ask for it back but I know I don't have time right now to play it. But every now and again I miss it...

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
#123 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 6:22 AM
I really miss Monster Rancher 2. I still have my PS memory card with the game data still on it.

Oh and anyone who wants to send a copy of Super Mario RPG to me, send it right along cuz I got a SNES from a flea market and I'm hunting for that particular game. :D
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 3:25 AM
Quote:
Oh and anyone who wants to send a copy of Super Mario RPG to me, send it right along cuz I got a SNES from a flea market and I'm hunting for that particular game.
If I were you I would grab up a Nintendo wii (revolution). Super mario rpg is going to show up as an 800 wii point download ($8 us currency) soon next year.

The older the games the lower your chances of finding a particular one in their original form so downloading it would be your best option.

You cannot stop the REVOLUTION.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=173431
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 11:02 PM
I really miss the sega genesis game system, specifically sonic the hedgehog 1 and 2. I got the system not long after it came out, and loved it for years.

Also, the game Worms2 for pc. It was hilarious and tons of fun, the later sequels never came close to the charm of the original. The game can still be gotten relatively easily, but it doesn't work on win XP *sigh*

...those were the good old days.

here is a interesting little video showing video game evolution, slightly off topic, but it's cool. http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/12/...n-of-games.html

Page 5 of 5