Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 8:17 PM
Default Roof Tiling & MATD files
I need help!

Okay so after a bunch of tweaking and messing around with the files I think I have narrowed down my issue. I am attempting to create a glass roof to complete the conservatory set I've been working on. I'm having a problem with (I believe) the MATD files once I've changed the shader to glass for objects. The 'underneath' MATD file seems to not apply anymore and I keep getting the diffuse map (from the MATD file for the top of the roof) tiling underneath. It does not matter which glass for objects I use they both do the same thing. All the references seem to be correct for all the resources and before I change the normal roof shader (even with all properties like uv scale changed) it does not have this problem.

Is there a way to remove this tiling completely even or maybe change the scale of the tiling to make it less horrifying? Is there some reference in one of the build packages or something I can edit to fix this? I really like the way the roof looks in general but the eaves look bad and the view from inside is hideous!

Thanks in advance. :p
Screenshots
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 11:11 PM
You made an actual glass roof?!?! Well done!! Can you do it for floors?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 11:54 PM
Yes well I've sort of made a glass roof. I think I can come up with a work around for the ugly tiling if I need to but it may require some extra objects to kinda hide it unless you have any ideas?

As for the floors...I dunno...I didn't even think about it but that's a great idea. I'll try it out tonight and see if I can use the same process and let ya know what I come up with.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by porphyria259
Yes well I've sort of made a glass roof. I think I can come up with a work around for the ugly tiling if I need to but it may require some extra objects to kinda hide it unless you have any ideas?

As for the floors...I dunno...I didn't even think about it but that's a great idea. I'll try it out tonight and see if I can use the same process and let ya know what I come up with.

No luck with the floors.

And no responses...ah well...guess I'm off to hide that ugly tiling!