Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2023 at 9:12 PM
First-time modder: Better meals by Dorm Chef - Sims2 Univeristy
Hello friends,
I recently picked up the university gameplay of The Sims2 after a long break, and one thing that really annoys me is the food that is served by the dorm chef. No food with cooking skills above 1+ I would say, eventhough the chef has pleny of cooking skills (8 bars).

I want to use Cyjon's Better Butler Meals meals to make the same rule for the dorm chef, e.g. "Butlers/chefs will cook meals which requires Cooking skill of 3 or more". However, I'm completely new to modding and thus have no clue where to locate the dorm chef in SimPE and what values to change.

Would anyone be kind enough to help me locate these values based on Cyjon's mod? I was hoping it would be simple to sort of look what he did and then apply to someone else in the game? Am I wrong?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 21st Oct 2023 at 10:45 PM
The Cafeteria stove has a small list of food objects in BHAV 0x7F0AAEDD:1010. It doesn't go through the food factory system with a fridge. There can be various criteria like time of day, weekday and skill. Adding to this list is simple. Creating a menus to load unique foods into the bar is complicated, and I gave up on it. If you look into a fridge, it is madness.

You could define cost in a table of food GUIDs by pushing served food onto an array of the cafeteria stove and have it loop through them to check when they are grabbed. I made it this way and works ok. But I haven't released it. Once again it is easy to make the list static but not dynamic.

I don't think there is any connection to a buttler.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2023 at 7:42 PM
THANK you! I didn't realize that going through the "stove" would be the better option. I do not have any custom food, but just looking for ways that the cafeteria cook can serve something more hunger satisfying such as salmon or turkey.

So basically, I "just" need to update the menu that is available through the Stove? If I read your post correctly adding more food items to the stove is simple, but making them appear in a menu (as in what appear when you click on the stove) is complicated? This visual menu wouldn't be important to me, but just wanted to make sure I understood your post correctly.

Again - thank you!
Inventor
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2023 at 8:17 PM
The interaction is stored in the Industrial Stove. You can customise the script I showed by inserting new food GUIDs in it. It is possible that very different food types won't work right because the cooking animation always starts the same way with the bowl. Getting the chef to pull out different cookware types and utensils requires extensive modification. The first step to try is to replace one of the existing foods where it says "create object instance" and see what happens, and then you can try customizing further. Save before the chef is about to cook (delete existing food).

You can find food GUIDs by looking in OBJd and by using the button "Make Labels" which puts up object names in their fields.

In "Prep - Anim - Mix - Start" there are a couple cases that change the starting animation.