Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#101 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 3:48 PM
mike19, the last picture that you upload is automatically selected as your default thumbnail. But you can change it to any picture that you want once the thread has been published. In cases where downloads are moderated, you can change the default picture after the thread is approved or conditionally approved.

But beware that any time you edit your post, the default thumbnail will be switched to the last picture in your list. So if you had already selected your default thumbnail as any picture other than the last one, then you go back later to edit your post for some other reason, you will have to reset your default thumbnail again.

Why? I have no idea :P

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#102 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 5:08 PM
The default picture shouldn't be reset at all - unless it picked the wrong file once when uploading. If you get a thread where it is resetting the default picture everytime you edit the post, let me know, since it shouldn't be doing that.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Instructor
#103 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 5:21 PM
yep the default was the last in the list. And delphy i just tested the theory and earlier i set it to lot-view150.jpg where as originaly it was main-first850.jpg. but now it's trying to set back to main-first850.jpg.
heres the thread:
http://forums.modthesims2.com/showt...176#post1019176

Please dont upload my creations to paysites.
But please feel free to use
ANY other way you like

Part-time Hermit
#104 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 5:23 PM
With my latest upload, these windows , the default picture changed after I edited the post. It was supposed to be the one that's the first one of the Screenshots, but it changed to the last one after editing.
retired moderator
#105 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 3:33 AM
Every single one of my upload threads will reset the default thumbnail when I edit the post.

Then again, it might be because I use Firefox ... :shrug:

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

Blog
Mad Poster
#106 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 6:51 AM Last edited by niol : 1st Feb 2006 at 7:05 AM.
All my upload threads behave that way once I edit them.
When I trimmed down the number of the screenshots in many of my upload threads, everything seemed fine. But, I went to check my profile a day after I finished the trimming, all the threads I'd trimmed had their default thumbnails set to the last pic of the threads.
So, I'd to reset them.
But then, another similar problems happened on the Miscellaneous Options section that I've to reset them everytime I edit a post. But, I'm unsure if that is supposed to trim down signature and link-parsing while keeping smileys?

Therefore, now whenever I update a post, I've to re-check the default thumbnails, Miscellaneous Options section.

PS:
1. the change in default for thumbnails and the Miscellaneous Options section have already been done once the post-editting pages are loaded. So, all one has to do is to redo those 2 sections.

2. the order of the uploaded images may depend on the the order of which is uploaded to the server earlier (different image can have different sizes while the uploading process may take anyone it locates eariler) rather than the order shown on the file manager unless one upload one by one with the page updated. Yes, it's time-consuming but the order must be correct that way.
retired moderator
#107 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by niol
2. the order of the uploaded images may depend on the the order of which is uploaded to the server earlier (different image can have different sizes while the uploading process may take anyone it locates eariler) rather than the order shown on the file manager unless one upload one by one with the page updated. Yes, it's time-consuming but the order must be correct that way.

That's correct for me as well. If I put 5 pictures in 5 slots, they will upload in random order (or as you said, the order in which the server accepts them). So when/if order is important for my screenshots, I will only upload one screenshot at a time.

Blog
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#108 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 4:45 PM
Okay what I mean by "resetting" is if you have already set a default picture manually and then go to change it to something else. That's different from when the default picture gets assigned randomly and you go to change it yourself.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Field Researcher
#109 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 5:22 PM Last edited by syberspunk : 11th Feb 2006 at 8:21 PM.
Edit: Quick question... in some of the older (more importantly, in some of my older :P) posts, I have several .zip archives. I did this because it was much more easier to manage, and it made sense to separate certain recolours by groups. That way, people can sort of pick and choose what they wanted to download, rather than be forced to download the entire collection, which does get unwieldly if they are rather large.

So... does this mean, in the future (if I ever do any more recolours) I will be forced to make separate threads for each archive, even if they are somewhat related? I think it's a bit silly to have seperate threads for each archive, especially if they are only a handful of recolours or a single recolour. But sometimes it makes sense to break things up into several smaller groups rather than one huge archive based on the subject. I guess the only solution really is to have separate threads?

Quote: Originally posted by daysies
5. LASTLY, what is up with the "me first" posts in Downloads? Seriously folks, there is no contest as to who posts first. You win no prize. Well, maybe the boobie prize and a dunce cap. Try thanking the creator instead.

Yeah... seriously. That's one of my biggest pet peeves. :P

On the other hand... hooray for b(.Y.)bies! I lurrrrve boobies! So... would I really get a boobie as a prize!?

Btw "Ate" ... I know I haven't been around on chat, but when I do show up, I haven't seen ya there. In the very least tho', whenever I watch Nick Cannon's Wildin' Out, and see your friend, I think of you. Hehe.

Ste
Test Subject
#110 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 11:57 PM
i have a mac
i have a mac and i need help with th whole Q-Xpress thing i'm SO confused!!
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 12:25 AM
The ModFather
retired moderator
#112 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 2:17 PM
I think that the Q-Xpress just can't be used on Mac systems

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Locked thread | Locked by: daysies Reason: outdated
Page 5 of 5