3 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#11126 Old Yesterday at 4:04 PM
Never have I ever seen a Sim take pics with romantic poses by themselves in the photobooth. They are so cute! I then learned it only happens when they take photobooth pics autonomously. I just found the photos in his inventory, so he probably did it when I was playing someone else on a community lot.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11127 Old Yesterday at 4:11 PM
If your cat sits on your mouse it blurs the graphics.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#11128 Old Yesterday at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iforgot
Yeah... I swear TS4 kind of lost a lot of the accidental deaths you could have in TS2. In TS4 all lives seem always perfect, nothing ever goes wrong.

Yikes. This says otherwise. https://www.thegamer.com/the-sims-4...riggers-causes/
Mad Poster
#11129 Old Yesterday at 6:21 PM
In the Sims 3, it was possible for meteors to hit schools and kill literally every child in town.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#11130 Old Yesterday at 6:39 PM Last edited by simmer22 : Yesterday at 8:05 PM.
Yeah... I swear TS4 kind of lost a lot of the accidental deaths you could have in TS2. In TS4 all lives seem always perfect, nothing ever goes wrong.

Some of them it seems you have to really work for (tried pools... doesn't work without a fence. Setting fire to themselves while cooking happens too easily if they're working on their first cooking point, but gets more difficult after that. They will do some really stupid things, but most of the time you'll need particular items on the lot for it to happen - depending on which packs you've got, there's various stuff like the pirhana pool, get eaten by cowplant x2, eat the 50/50 poison fish, get attacked/mauled by creatures, and some other random things - or their needs need to be tanked, which isn't as easy as it sounds like, since they seem to be able to run on fumes for quite some time, especially hunger)

Won't say I've tried it all, but my sims did find some awkward ways to off themselves. Had a fire in the science lab due to a moron coworker who decided to use the microwave in the tightest corner of the office kitchen. The fire brigade didn't reach him. Even Grim had trouble. I swear, that game has it in for people who are just trying to survive on burnt noodles (but other than being walking fire hazards, TS4 sims are fairly easy to keep alive - even toddlers can more or less manage themselves in a no-CC game if you put out some food and bate them once in a while).
Mad Poster
#11131 Old Yesterday at 7:56 PM
This statement is true of all the iterations of the game:

"Killing Sims is an enjoyable way to spend time in The Sims 4 for many"

We have a lot of sadists in this game.....

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#11132 Old Yesterday at 8:02 PM
As long as they're being sadistic to sims and not to real people I'm not gonna judge them for that.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#11133 Old Today at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Yikes. This says otherwise. https://www.thegamer.com/the-sims-4...riggers-causes/

I stand corrected, but to be fair in TS4 the only death I ever experienced was by old age, never had a sim die for any other reason, they're really hard to kill![1]

I don't go out my way to kill sims on purpose though. But I've had a few accidental mishaps on TS2 so far.

[1] Also really hard to get them to do something you want them to do, without standing around thinking about it.

Shabado... sha..ba..doo..badooo
Mad Poster
#11134 Old Today at 3:13 AM
^ Just saying they're very good at setting fire to themselves while working on their first cooking point in TS4. If you have them NOT use anything that can catch fire (making salads, etc.) until they've got that point, then they're fine (which is what I've done with sims I actually cared about. The mishap in the lab wasn't even my sim...).

In TS2 they're usually fairly easy to take care of as well. I've had few mishaps over the years (accidental fires, mostly - Cristmas trees, firplaces, cooking... which is why I'm always using the sprinkler and/or no-fire mods these days), but most of the time the sims aren't too difficult to keep alive.
Field Researcher
#11135 Old Today at 3:13 AM
Multiple mini-sims can jump on the bed at the same time!

Always knew they could jump on beds, but never knew more than one could at a time!
Screenshots

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11136 Old Today at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Never have I ever seen a Sim take pics with romantic poses by themselves in the photobooth. They are so cute! I then learned it only happens when they take photobooth pics autonomously.

I've only ever seen this happen once, I had a townie use the photobooth autonomously and summoned him to the lot to look in his inventory. Really cool discovery!

Multiple mini-sims can jump on the bed at the same time!

Oh, I've never seen that either!
Mad Poster
#11137 Old Today at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
In the Sims 3, it was possible for meteors to hit schools and kill literally every child in town.

I don't know what's more horrifying lol. That death or the people in the comments talking about how they want to try it.
Test Subject
#11138 Old Today at 3:21 PM
I don't know what's more horrifying lol. That death or the people in the comments talking about how they want to try it.

It is also very rare so you would forget it.

That is a interesting scenario that every kid in town would dead but I do not know would I like it in any of my households.
Mad Poster
#11139 Old Today at 4:19 PM
I don't think I'd forget every kid dying lol.

The problem is also that because of the open world in TS3 you couldn't quit without saving.
Field Researcher
#11140 Old Today at 4:22 PM

Imagine that though, if you didn't know it was a thing. It's a nice quiet sunny day, everything is going great so far. You send your kids to school. Then boom a meteor wipes out your entire neighbourhood mini-sim base!

Mad Poster
#11141 Old Today at 4:27 PM
Imagine that though, if you didn't know it was a thing. It's a nice quiet sunny day, everything is going great so far. You send your kids to school. Then boom a meteor wipes out your entire neighbourhood mini-sim base!

I think that's literally what happened to the poster in the link lol.
Test Subject
#11142 Old Today at 7:07 PM

The problem is also that because of the open world in TS3 you couldn't quit without saving.

I think there is situations where game ask you are you sure you want to quit (and save game). Like, if there is Grim Reaper on lot.
Mad Poster
#11143 Old Today at 9:01 PM

From the top post:

Quote:
I'm tired of having to randomly kill them myself like some digital sociopath.

I do wonder if anyone's ever used the batbox's 'decimate' option (gives dead tokens to 10% of Sims) for story reasons. For some reason, the wiki warns it can cause corruption, but unless it tries to add tokens to the universal NPCs I don't see how.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 446 of 446