Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 1:34 AM
Default Repository fix
Hi...
I am trying to fix the swingset from Lina/Trapping's Back To Nature set (https://modthesims.info/d/625507/ba...niversary.html).

It is supposed to be repositoried to the lookout, but it doesn't show recolours and the seat flashes blue. (The monkey bars in the same set work fine.) People have commented about the problem since the set was posted, and Lina couldn't fix it.

I tried PickNmix's Repository Wizard, and it couldn't see the right resources at all. So I have been working through HugeLunatic's tutorial, which seems quite straightforward...but the object crashes before the game even loads. In SimPE, the object has a LOT of resources in the SHPE, CRES and GMDC, where the monkey bars have just one of each. The extras look like they enable the swingset to do that joining-together thing when you want a row of swings. But it's hard to know which is the correct bit to change, with so much choice!

I THINK the right SHPE to work with is: backtonatureswingset-[linasimstrappingjepdie-27.3.2019-15256]_root_rot_shpe
and the right GMND should be: backtonatureswingset-[linasimstrappingjepdie-27.3.2019-15256]_root_rot_gmnd

But even those resources have more parts than are in the tutorial (swingsetall_null, especially). Do I remove the extras, leave them alone, edit them?
I'm attaching the files. If someone would have a look and tell me where I'm going wrong, that would be great. Or are swingsets just too special?
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  AE_Lina_Trapping_BackToNaturePlayground-REPOproblem.7z (823.4 KB, 1 downloads)

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort