Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Aspen Islands

by Miuki Posted 10th Oct 2011 at 9:44 AM - Updated 2nd Jun 2014 at 1:34 PM by Miuki : making install instructions more clear

175 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 86 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#51 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 11:35 AM
Alright, so I'm officially in love with this world. I played it for a couple of hours - 100% realistic, perfect routing, no lagging... I've found it useful though that my sim owns a nice and fast bike ) No problem with the distances this way.
I especially enjoy the ferry stations and the farm!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 11:38 AM
Wow, so many comments. Thanks for feedback and appreciation!)
About install problems - half of them have been cleared above by armiel and Srikandi(btw, thanks for substituting!)
I downloaded files myself, they work just fine. They should be easily extracted by WinRAR or WinZip, I didn't try it with other programs, so cannot really say anything about them.
So, once again, for everyone who still has issues:
make sure that all files are in one folder, open the first one with WinRar-> then choose "extract here" ->when you are asked for part 2 don't push OK, push "browse" and choose part 2 manually from the folder, then push OK button -> repeat untill all files are extracted.

whitequeen73 Yes, fast transport is essential for this world ( that's why expensive lots are on the outskirts, when you play them you surely have an expensive car as well), for poor sims I suggest to install a mod, that shortens subway travel time.

Noone expects the spanish inquisition!
My simblr and my downloads blog .
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 12:26 PM
Wow. Absolutely beautifull! The best world I,ve seen so far.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#54 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 1:44 PM
Great work ,looking forward to visiting it.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#55 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 3:30 PM
Miuki, this turned out splendidly! It looks amazing and I can't wait to see it in-game. Congrats on a beautiful an detailed looking world!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#56 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 3:45 PM
Awesome!
Two BIG thank you's from my wife and me.
Test Subject
#57 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 4:04 PM
I agree with everyone here : this world really looks sweet, a true labor of love, it shows.

Thank you so much for sharing it with us, Miuki!

I just have one concern please, before really starting to set it up and play : will my Simmies have to live next to their work place, or are the ferries/subways able to transport them over in a reasonable time to the other islands, if needed ?

One of the comments on MS3B mentioned 2 hours of transport time home -> work, that's why I am asking.

I was also thinking that maybe I could try to tweak vehicle speed just for this world, because let's be honest, it's just too nice a custom world to pass on over such trifle.

I am ready to try anything and everything, to have it work in a reasonable fashion for my Simmies too!

Thank you in advance for your advice.
Test Subject
#58 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 4:22 PM
Wow, that world is beautiful, very good work. Wow.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 4:54 PM
i think this is my very favorite custom world ever. i am so glad i had the chance to follow your progress as you made it! Congrats, it's beautiful!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 5:13 PM
Thanks everyone for comments!
Kittenpaw Concerning transportation - it depends wether your sim lives in the house right next to the road, or there is a long path. With road - it takes 1,5 simhour to get to the opposite side(mostly because subway is kind of slow), if the house is situated near the path (lots on the smallest island, next to the lighthouse) it really takes two hours to get to a movie studio. If your sim owns a car(starting from vorn) it's not a problem... or maybe it's just me.))
I would suggest this mod for a subway

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 5:26 PM
Thank you for your quick reply, and advice, Miuki. I will use the mod you're recommending.

I have so many ideas in my head waiting to realize in your world that it's just not funny >< I want to play, but first things first, a proper setup, which is why I wanted to wait for your advice.

Such a nice gift will be cherished with a clean setup, and in perfect conditions, to be fully enjoyed!

Please have a nice day ^^
Test Subject
#62 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 7:53 PM
WOW, this is one of the nicest and most visually appealing worlds I've seen yet, and there are some great ones out there. I'd download it in a second...but (correct me if I'm wrong) but large worlds always seem to cause major lot load lag, so I'm forced to play the tiny worlds if I want any speed at all. I don't suppose there's a way around this? lol or is it all in my head? But, anyway beautiful job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 8:16 PM
Really nice work. I like your future thinking of outcoming EPs and lots fpr that.
But it took me over 35 minutes to create (load) the world, after installing
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
Do you have all the games required to use this? That error can also indicate that you are missing an EP that is vital to use this world. In this case it would be Ambition due to bridges used.

(I don't know why I am peaking here all the time lol, I guess I have nothing better to do :P)
I have ambitions, wa,latenight and generations so I do not know what could be the issue.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 8:44 PM
cjbarker32 Unfortunately that's up to your PC.
LadyFu That's because the game creates NPC, worlds always load longer the first time. It should load much quicker next time.
yesme88 It should require WA, Amb and LN. That's all, my game wasn't even patched to 1.24 when I released it.

Lab Assistant
#66 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miuki
cjbarker32 Unfortunately that's up to your PC.
LadyFu That's because the game creates NPC, worlds always load longer the first time. It should load much quicker next time.
yesme88 It should require WA, Amb and LN. That's all, my game wasn't even patched to 1.24 when I released it.
Hmmm well I really want it so I will try again this will be the 3rd try hopefully it will be the charm.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#67 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 9:18 PM
This is a wonderful world, I've already said this in CFF. Glad to see it available for downloading. I'm here to grab the world to replace my final beta version, as I want it with new, more realistic sidewalks in suburban area.

My big thanks and respect to the Miuki.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yesme88
Hmmm well I really want it so I will try again this will be the 3rd try hopefully it will be the charm.
ahh well 3rd time and the launcher will not allow me to install, it says i need to have the latest software so i guess it wasnt ment to be. great looking world though .
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 10:48 PM
Downloading, thank you so much :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 11:09 PM
So Pretty!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 11:10 PM
Bravo!! I was just checking out your world in my game and it is so gorgeous. So well laid out and detailed without cluttering too much stuff on one map, I can tell this world will have little to no lag. It's so beautifully sculpted and painted. And thanks for not overwhelming the terrain with tons of trees! Excellent work, thanks for sharing!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 11:43 PM
beautiful world! i'm currently in process of playing in it! thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 6:16 AM
There's not much I can add to the accolades above ... I must've spent at least an hour just exploring your world in edit town mode and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I know I'll spend many happy hours playing it. Thanks so much for sharing it!
Test Subject
#74 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 7:48 PM
Ok, nevermind about the part 6 not downloading. it worked. BUT, i have another problem.. hah whenever i try extracting world files, it says "Please insert the disk containing Users\Username\Desktop\MyFolderName\MTS_Miuki_1237882_AspenIslands.part01.rar into drive C:.

what does this mean? i always get this error when trying to extract a world file.. is it because i have WinZIP instead of winrar? sorry to bother, i'm new at downloading worlds. :/
Test Subject
#75 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NeonKiss
Ok, nevermind about the part 6 not downloading. it worked. BUT, i have another problem.. hah whenever i try extracting world files, it says "Please insert the disk containing Users\Username\Desktop\MyFolderName\MTS_Miuki_1237882_AspenIslands.part01.rar into drive C:.

what does this mean? i always get this error when trying to extract a world file.. is it because i have WinZIP instead of winrar? sorry to bother, i'm new at downloading worlds. :/

ok. i solved my own problem.
Page 3 of 8