Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 3:20 AM
Default Exporting object mesh from S3PE to Blender - Help!
Hi everyone!

I'm currently getting started on my first mod, and along the way I am learning how to use all sorts of programs and tools and associated terms. To begin, I am learning how to write simple commands for an object. The object in question is the training dummy from The Sims Medieval. I went to votenga's TSM conversion catalogue https://modthesims.info/d/665925/th...on-catalog.html to see if the dummy has been converted. It has! However, the mesh appears to be combined with the martial arts training dummy from World Adventures. I've looked around to see if anyone else has converted it, and upon seeing none I've decided to try and convert it myself, as a way for me to acquaint myself with various programs.

I have downloaded S3PE, Blender, and cmomoney's Blender Tools https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=433882 if I'm missing any other programs please let me know!

The first issue I have faced is when extracting TSM's content using S3PE, I get the following message:
Could not open package:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\Packages\SASFullBuild1.package

The file could be write-protected, in which case it might be possible to open it read-only.

---
Error message:
Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\Packages\SASFullBuild1.package' is denied.

I therefore open the content in read-only mode. I believe that this may be the main cause of how my progress on this is being hindered and I am unsure of how I can allow access. The tutorials I have looked at describe the next step as exporting the mesh to blender via 's3m2b', and this option does not appear for me at this stage. I have gone into Blender and made sure the plugin is installed, so I reckon the main issue is getting access to the packages.

I'm so sorry if this comes across as naive or if the answer turns out to be very simple. This is all really new to me and I appreciate any help I can get!