Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 2:44 PM
Default Moraelin_TSM20_FasterCooking_10xSpoil
This is a simple mod for The Sims Medieval patched to 2.0 (e.g., with Pirates and Nobles installed), that reduces cooking time and makes all food spoil about 10x slower than in the vanilla game.

The mod is inspired by Simrecruit's mod, but that one was never updated for 2.0 AFAIK, so all the new foods and beverages from P&N were disabled, and I kept having to exit the game and delete the mod whenever a quest wanted me to cook something that wasn't in the 1.0 game. Plus on rare occasions it seems like it made my game go in slow motion and my monarch unable to cook any more, presumably as someone was scripted to try to cook something they just couldn't with the mod installed.

This mod does a similar job, but is based on the 2.0 recipe data, so all the new recipes are there. It's not an edit of his recipe data, but started from scratch from the vanilla list shipped with the game. The effect is also subtly different, as it multiplies the base duration to spoil rather than change everything to the same duration. So foods which expired very fast like gruel will still last less than foods which were naturally long lasting, like military ration or the master recipes. So now gruel will last a couple of days, while military rations would last you for a whole military campaign.

Just like Simrecruit's mod, it IS compatible with Simmodder99's more food servings, or with Simrecruit's more cask servings. In fact, I use them together myself.

It also goes well with Simmoder99's Populous and Populous II Plus mods, as, especially if you make more servings, you can have a proper palace where food is always available already made for all those dignitaries, instead of having a long queue of servants and dignitaries waiting to make their own food.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Moraelin_TSM20_FasterCooking_10xSpoil.zip (23.4 KB, 1133 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 3:27 PM
Thank you. Can't wait to try it out
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 3:58 PM
Please tell me if it causes any problems. I tested it for a couple of days myself, but that's still, you know, just on one computer.
Scholar
#4 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
Please tell me if it causes any problems. I tested it for a couple of days myself, but that's still, you know, just on one computer.

Works great. I even have a recipe for salad now that I haven't seen before. Thank you once again.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 10:10 AM
No problem, and thanks for the feedback.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 2:40 AM
Looks great! Just one question: would this work in a fully patched base game, or does it absolutely require P&N to be installed?

Live. Laugh. Love. Sim.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 8:46 AM
Hmm, no idea. The recipe list came from a resource in the TSM directory, not in the P&N directory, so I'd assume that if your game version is 2.0, then it should work anyway.
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 6:17 PM
Thank you! Will try it out.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 9:20 PM
Tried it out, and it works perfectly well in just base game: no more wasted hours waiting for jerky to cook, and the king's kitchen is no longer littered with spoiled food. Thank you so much for making this!

Live. Laugh. Love. Sim.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 8:40 AM
No problem, and thanks for sharing the information. It should be useful to know for other people who don't have P&N.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 7:19 PM
Right, just to make it public and official, ChickieTeeta wanted to further develop this mod, and has my full and unconditional permission to do so. I wasn't doing anything more to it anyway.
Scholar
#12 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
Right, just to make it public and official, ChickieTeeta wanted to further develop this mod, and has my full and unconditional permission to do so. I wasn't doing anything more to it anyway.

Thank you Moraelin =) much appreciated.
Instructor
#13 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 10:06 PM
Wait, I know this thread revive is for other reasons, but for the most part a fully patched base game is Pirates and Nobles. I don't know of any mod which is specific. I could make one, but it would be an exercise in breaking the game. The main difference between P&N and 2.0 is resources. Models, textures, sounds, etc.... So technically, if yu wanted to use these resources it would only take adding the assets. Note there are some game version overrides, but when an object is cloned correctly these overrides don't exist.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 12:55 AM
Well, yes, it's pretty much like for TS3. The XMLs are patched into the base game resources in the respective patch, instead of the new stuff being in the EP resources, presumably because EA still can't figure out how to merge on the fly. So, yes, if you have a fully patched TSM, you already have all the XMLs that were changed in the EP, and almost any XML tweak for the EP will work with the patched base game too.
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th Aug 2023 at 9:42 PM
What file contains the food information. I'm looking to make a double food duration and expiry date change to the game to make up for the gastrobury bug (I tried the fix, it didn't work).