Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2023 at 5:15 PM Last edited by xantak22 : 11th Aug 2023 at 2:26 PM.
Default A rural cult village world
I am currently working on a roadless mountain village world that is based off of a horror game (Props to you if you can figure what game). I am also working on a mod to go with that world to make danger no stranger in this village.
There is a lot more work to do to finish this world, but I wanted to share with my fellow Sims 3 players what I have done so far.

The Village:
I know the houses are kinda ugly, but hey, it fits the ambiance.

Now here is where my modding comes into place. I have modded a bunch of enemies (based on characters from the game this world is based on).
Some enemies you might encounter in the village are shown below if you are interested in taking a look:

I might release this world at some point, but I know it's a pretty niche world and wouldn't appeal to that many players. But I just wanted to share the weird stuff I made and maybe get some feedback
Happy simming everyone!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Aug 2023 at 12:29 AM
So much atmosphere!
It's clear you've poured a lot of passion into creating this. Regardless of whether you choose to share it publicly, I hope you enjoy it above all.
You should be proud of all this work. CAW is quite intimidating to pour so many hours into!

The enemy mod is such a cool detail as well. Whenever I've played post-apocalyptic in The Sims, I always feel a little bad there aren't really any threats out in the wasteland.
The free-roaming animals in TS4 always made me curious if I could turn them into little monsters (given there are already animations for being attacked by chickens ), but there isn't anything similar in TS3.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2023 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
So much atmosphere!
It's clear you've poured a lot of passion into creating this. Regardless of whether you choose to share it publicly, I hope you enjoy it above all.
You should be proud of all this work. CAW is quite intimidating to pour so many hours into!

The enemy mod is such a cool detail as well. Whenever I've played post-apocalyptic in The Sims, I always feel a little bad there aren't really any threats out in the wasteland.
The free-roaming animals in TS4 always made me curious if I could turn them into little monsters (given there are already animations for being attacked by chickens ), but there isn't anything similar in TS3.

Thank you so much, very kind of you and I agree, there are not enough dangers in the sims.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Aug 2023 at 9:14 PM
I really like this and you will need to upload for sure somewhere as many people, including me, would love to play this!
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Aug 2023 at 10:29 PM
This is actually beautiful! I looooveee creepy atmospheres, if you ever release it I would love to play!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Aug 2023 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I really like this and you will need to upload for sure somewhere as many people, including me, would love to play this!

Quote: Originally posted by Sanguiness
This is actually beautiful! I looooveee creepy atmospheres, if you ever release it I would love to play!

Thank you so much!
There are some things with the mod and the world I need to work out before I can release this.
(FIY: This world contains some store content, a lot of custom sliders and 2 pieces of CC.)
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Sep 2023 at 12:21 AM
Looks good! I don't watch a lot a horror movies so I have no idea what it's based on. I do like post-apocalyptic worlds though. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. It looks like you might have some floating bullrushes in the 9th picture. Or, it could just be the camera angle.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Sep 2023 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
Looks good! I don't watch a lot a horror movies so I have no idea what it's based on. I do like post-apocalyptic worlds though. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. It looks like you might have some floating bullrushes in the 9th picture. Or, it could just be the camera angle.

Good to see you here again! Have you played Woeford?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Sep 2023 at 7:24 PM
Default Progress
Here is some progress of some of the areas. There will be several tombs in this world. Since this is the smallest world size, there should be very few problems running it. Although, because it is small, the distant terrain might look a bit weird in some areas,

Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th Sep 2023 at 12:27 AM
I totally LOVE this!!!!! If the distant terrain is not working well perhaps play a bit as islands where you do not need that? Do a save as version and play a bit?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Sep 2023 at 11:44 AM
I totally LOVE this!!!!! If the distant terrain is not working well perhaps play a bit as islands where you do not need that? Do a save as version and play a bit?

The problem with the island distant terrain is that I want this world to be completely surrounded by mountains. I'll try to figure it out, but its not a super big issue.

I have made saves of this world that I playtest and build in. I might have to upload the world as a save as well since I can only edit the world in CAW, not in sims 3. CAW doesn't let me edit the world in-game, probably because of the EA app...
Scholar
#12 Old 10th Oct 2023 at 1:55 AM
Good to see you here again! Have you played Woeford?

No, I haven't. I'll have to check it out! Thanks!
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 12:28 PM
Man, I'd love to see you release this, always love seeing worlds that have scenarios in mind.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darkflip95
Man, I'd love to see you release this, always love seeing worlds that have scenarios in mind.

Unfortunately, this world might contain to many issues for me to release it with a good conscience. I couldn't get the distant terrain to look right no matter what I did (as this is the smallest possible world size). A lot of the sims in the world also use custom sliders, which I didn't want to force people to download. The world also uses some store content, both for sims and lots, which I also didn't want to force people to download just to be able to use this world.
But, the "enemy mod" I was referring to in my description has instead been incorporated into my Scarier Ghosts Mod in form of possessed sims.
It turns out that I'm better at creating mods than worlds
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 7:05 PM
I don't know why... but actually, I do... it reminds me of Skyrim and Oblivion. I would totally play this at night with my lights off.