Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 3:54 PM Last edited by bairy : 25th Aug 2005 at 5:20 PM. Reason: Title edit. Please actually read the guidelines you scroll past to post this
Default "Expansion pack data that is not installed" error (was: please can someone help)
hello there
someone has done a sim for me and when i try to install it i get the following mesage:
this content requires expansion pack data that is not installed
can anyone help as im useless??
Advertisement
#2 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 4:06 PM
most likely you don't have the university ep. the sim probably requires a clothing or hairstyle mesh you don't have. see if you can contact the creator to see if they can resend it to you without the university items. most creators have university now and therefore most designs require the expansion.

if you DO have university, i have no clue. that's really weird.
Instructor
#3 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 5:32 PM
this happens alot actually, and although im not sure why, installing the sims2pack with Clean Installer works. I've had it happen many times, first few times i thought it was weird since i did have uni but then i found out that using Clean Installer works just fine...now i only use Clean Installer to install sims2packs.