Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 7:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default "Exception code: 0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION" Strikes Again! (And no, the bookcase didn't do it)
Once more, I am being plagued with the aforementioned exception code. This time, I had to reinstall the game after reinstalling Castaway Stories (because they apparently fight each other, which may not actually be true...), which I am quickly regretting. Some people didn't have problems with Castaway Stories and The Sims 2 clashing. This means that poking Sims 2 was unnecessary. By the way, in case your wondering, I just reinstalled Castaway Stories (which helped that at least) after I accidently deleted something I shouldn't have. But yeah... I don't know what to do about 2. I will provide logs (including one from the error log Generator program) and specs once more. Thanks...

Edit: I removed my PC name from the logs, don't ask.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2021.11.01 12.19.35.txt (13.1 KB, 9 downloads)
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2021.11.01 08.56.30.txt (13.0 KB, 5 downloads)
File Type: txt  DESKTOP-EKGTTHH-config-log.txt (10.6 KB, 7 downloads)
File Type: txt  TS2LOG.txt (3.22 MB, 7 downloads)
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Airazor65
This time, I had to reinstall the game after reinstalling Castaway Stories (because they apparently fight each other, which may not actually be true...)

It's not true.

Does the exception still happen if you drag your Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims 2 folder to the desktop, and run the game to generate a fresh one?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It's not true.

Does the exception still happen if you drag your Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims 2 folder to the desktop, and run the game to generate a fresh one?

Uh-oh. I better check. (also, I thought I got the other version of the post deleted, but it's still there...)
Theorist
#4 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 9:33 PM
Why did you reinstall TS2 and TSCS?