Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#101 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 10:26 PM
Sonic Adventure, when Gamma dies.
I'm pretty sure that's the only time I've ever even been close to crying with a video game, and it was all over a robot. xD
Advertisement
Scholar
#102 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 10:27 PM
I liked Duncan best in DA:O. Speaking of sad moments...

I have a tendency to come to like the characters that end up making heroic sacrifices/being martyred.
Inventor
#103 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 10:27 PM
^ Oh lawdy. How did I forget him?! I agree.

"Goonies never say die."
Scholar
#104 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 11:22 PM
Oh, and I loved Cailin! He was so adorable! And that's not a term I apply often to people. But, again, sad ending.
Alchemist
#105 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GigaRevival

Back on topic: my EVERYONE DIES ending of ME2 was pretty depressing (but also kind of hilarious at the same time... I have a morbid sense of humor) and the ending of the main campaign in Oblivion... : (

They don't necessarily die if you make the right upgrades to the ship, right? I couldn't know, as I got too scared to finish the game , but I'm planning on starting over these days.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Inventor
#106 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 12:20 PM
Yeah. If you upgrade everything and do everyone's loyalty missions, you'll be fine.

I just decided to make a total ass Shephard who didn't do anything productive when it came to the ship or teammates... so they all died except for Joker.

And you totally should finish!

"Goonies never say die."
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nhayes17
I don't really cry at games, the Dark Brotherhood storyline in Oblivion was pretty messed up though :

This! Why'd they have to kill the best NPC?
Instructor
#108 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 5:31 AM
I don't know about you guys, but the final scenes of L.A. Noire were very sad.
I also played The Syberia series and was touched by the finale in Syberia 2.

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

- William Shakespere ~ Hamlet
Alchemist
#109 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 7:14 AM
^Syberia, HELL yeah! *brofist*

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Banned
#110 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 7:27 AM
After playing Syberia I was very, very sad. Mostly because there're no mammoths in real Siberia. Except for those frozen ones. And frozen mammoths make me sad.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#111 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 12:03 PM
I liked Syberia too - those were a great couple of games. Point-and-click are not fashionable today but there are some great ones out there.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 3:22 PM
I hate to admit it, but there were a couple of games that made me cry. The first was Vagrant Story when Sydney dies. The reason why it got to me so much is he's my favorite character. Actually I kind of cried when it's revealed the tattoo on his back was peeled off. I got so attached to him that anything bad that happened to him really affected me.

The second was Silent Hill 4. Again because of my favorite. I cried when Walter (the adult) died. Just seeing him reach toward the light, like he wanted to be saved just brought out plenty of emotion in me. It was even worse when his child self died. And they happen one right after the other.
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#113 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 10:41 PM
To the Moon

Website

Announcement Trailer

If you pay much attention to the gaming press you'll be noting this little indie game popping up everywhere. Fact is that it is one of the most beautiful melancholy game experiences around.

It may start off with a very light comedic tone (which remains peppered throughout the game) but the underlying pathos quickly makes itself known. A story about longing, regret, growing up, love and companionship that will not soon fade from your memory.

I urge everyone to at least give the demo a go. Gameplay is light, I won't deny it, but the story so heart-achingly beautiful you just won't care. One of this year's gaming marvels.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Scholar
#114 Old 4th May 2012 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omegastarr82
I would have to say during the ending of FFX when Yuna goes to hug Tidus and she falls right through him. And when Tidus finds out the pilgrimage is a suicide mission for Yuna. FFX had me sobbing quit a lot, lol.

Then ending of FFX left me a big blubbering mess. It was insane how attached I'd become to those pixelated characters.
Mad Poster
#115 Old 4th May 2012 at 8:27 PM
Heavy Rain! Ugh, I could never get it right.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Alchemist
#116 Old 5th May 2012 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
Heavy Rain! Ugh, I could never get it right.

Shh I'm in the middle of that one . I know it was a small part of the game, but that little boy being killed at the beginning of Mass Effect 3 did something to me the first time I saw his ship blown up
Mad Poster
#117 Old 15th May 2012 at 12:51 AM
The saddest... maybe Yakuza 3 when the main character's buddy dies, that's the only one I can remember crying at.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Theorist
#118 Old 15th May 2012 at 2:54 AM
Any game that has a permanent character death in the story. Of course, since I don't pay attention to storyline when playing games, they don't have much impact to me.

Page 5 of 5