Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#276 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 8:10 PM
Is there any chance whatsoever in having an option for each user (probably in profile options) to load up the site in the old format? I preferred that.

†© Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so? ©†
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#277 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
[list][*]Firefox column resize *should* be fixed... can all those who had the problem please test?

Sadly, no. :sadpanda:
Test Subject
#278 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katseyes
I'm sorry if I sound silly or mean, but I really don't get this site. In the old one I could find stuff much more easily. I have no idea where I am going! >.<

On the plus side:

It looks really nice, and I like the choice of colours and stuff.

Try to use "Site Map". It's nearly the way we know, no many clicks to find...But anyway the classification of the stuff got more subdivided and shuffled. When you'd think to have Adult Hack beside Buy Mode if your Hack is closer to "In Testing" between "Test Ground" Stuff...?
Scholar
#279 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 9:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Baskar
Is there any chance whatsoever in having an option for each user (probably in profile options) to load up the site in the old format? I preferred that.

There is an option to have the old style, I have it myself!!
Test Subject
#280 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brainchildvn
I love the look of the new layout, but I'm having a lot of trouble viewing the downloads, and most times I have to reload several times before I get the right side of the page. Screenshots will not appear for me yet. So right now, I'm kinda bummed out about the change, but if it gets better, then I'm sure I will grow to love it.

i'm having the same problem: when i first load a page, it ends up really wide, with the left side taking up the whole screen and the horizontal scroll bar showing up. i have a resolution of 1280x1024 and i'm using firefox (maybe that's the problem?)

laura
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#281 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 6:51 PM
Today I ve been suurprised when opened a DL thread without any sidebars

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Instructor
#282 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 11:49 PM
*** Bug Report! ***
I changed my avatar and the picture changes everywhere, except in the "Creator Details" box in downloads I created myself.

The avatar is changed in threads I started myself, all replies I have made, and in "View Profile".

The signature seems to have changed properly everywhere.

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#283 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 12:40 AM
Anshin:

Looks fine on the creator details box to me. Maybe a cached version?

Ailias:

Please screenshot this behaviour.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Forum Resident
#284 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 2:51 AM
Your avatar looks fine to me though.
Instructor
#285 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 4:34 AM
Delphy - Yes it was cached! Wow. My computer was really stubborn about that. I restarted it three times before it acknowledged the avatar change. Strange that it was only that specific kind of thread, but all's well that ends well. Thanks for the suggestion. Sorry to freak out like that. It's not you, it's me...

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
shiny!
retired moderator
#286 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 2:58 PM
I like the look but I'm having a hard time navigating.. is it just me or are almost all the past downloads gone? I liked how it was organized last time better.. with meshes, recolors, sims, hacks, etc. everything seems thrown to gether and i can't find almost anything.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#287 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 3:06 PM
No, all the past downloads are NOT gone. If you care to look at the new filters you'll find you can easily see where things are.

Field Researcher
#288 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 5:27 PM
I am having trouble finding anything. It takes me forever to find what is in testing hacks and what is finished or whatever. Half the time I just do a search and if nothing comes up, I just give up.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#289 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 7:37 PM
Testing Ground -> Object Hacks -> Finished
Testing Ground -> Global Hacks -> Finished

Those are finished hacks

Testing Ground -> Object Hacks -> In Testing
Testing Ground -> Global Hacks -> In Testing

Those are in testing.

You see the pattern?

I don't honestly see whats complicated about it.

Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#290 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 2:47 AM
Woah, I love this spiffy new feature that lets you see thumbnails of all the downloads on the site all at once! I'm seeing downloads I never would have noticed before. Awesome. And If you want to narrow your search, you just click a category at the top of the page. Not complicated at all IMHO... it's actually quite straight forward once you get used to the layout. Keep up the great work, Delphy & team.
Test Subject
#291 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 6:04 AM
I love the new design.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#292 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 9:26 AM
fanseelamb,

That's a by product of some pretty cool coding changes behind the scenes which so far you are the only person to have picked up on.

Of course, the fact the site is running lightning fast now and nobody has commented I guess to be a good thing. :D

I'm thinking of changing the layout of the download browse page since with the thumbnails your eye is drawn down to the list more than it is to the categories at the top... so I'm guessing people are getting confused and don't *know* they are there....

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#293 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Testing Ground -> Object Hacks -> Finished
Testing Ground -> Global Hacks -> Finished

Those are finished hacks

Testing Ground -> Object Hacks -> In Testing
Testing Ground -> Global Hacks -> In Testing

Those are in testing.

You see the pattern?

I don't honestly see whats complicated about it.

Well it's only two places to look, but of course the would-be user can't guess at what stage the creator decided to take the object out of testing and put it into the other section, so you do have two places to look for one download, unlike most of the other types of download. Could you consider just asking the creator to indicate in the subject or the top line of the first message whether or not they consider the hack to be in testing or stable? That has become the convention on this site, to keep editing that first message as the download develops.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#294 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 4:43 PM
I love this site...it is the best <3
Field Researcher
#295 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 8:33 AM Last edited by Simsane : 24th Sep 2005 at 8:43 AM.
Hi and thank you to everyone for all the hard work in maintaining and organizing this site. I'm undecided as to whether I like the new look or not. I find myself clicking the the link to change the look back to the old site, but it really only works for the home page and if you click on say, downloads, the look is still different. But different does not necessarily mean worse, just different.

Oh yea, I'm having the same problem as Ailias but I'm using Firefox because I refuse to go back to ie. My choice, so I'll put up with it -- not really a complaint just letting you know that it still doesn't "look" right in Firefox. I noticed that Ailias did not post a screen shot of what he was talking about, so if I can (don't laugh) figure out how to take a screen shot, then how to post it, I will. (I'm not very computer literate - obviously. LOL!)
Test Subject
#296 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 10:32 PM
and adult area? i don´t find.
Lab Assistant
#297 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nicwear
I've started using IE (uggg) to browse this site and just tested it in Firefox but it's still off the page. Actually I don't mind using IE for this site b/c I luv luv this site, it's just a bit inconvenient.

Also, I've tried uploading my new eyecolors 5 times, once in Firefox and the rest in IE and neither have worked. I understand why Firefox didn't work, but with IE after hitting submit I got an page that said "invalid link...contact webmaster". I have some gorgeous new eyecolors and I'm totally bummed that I can't post them. What's up with that?

Edit: Just tired my upload one last time in Firefox and got the same msg that I did with IE.

Edit again: Ok I just got a bunch of PMs one of which was my upload approval, the rest obviously were denials. I don't understand why I got that strange invalid link page if my uploads were actually working.

Nicwear ur not alone in this....iv experianced the same problem with uploading...and it seems alot of others are having the same problems to.

It seems to be the talk of the simming world about how difficult it is to upload here now and navigating the site whenever someone mentions MTS2.

Even when iv correctly checked every field and box i still get messeges like "invalid link...contact webmaster" or "invalid thread".......its become a real pain uploading stuff here....it takes me between at least 5 to 8 times just to upload 1 creation.

Just like u I luv this site, and ur right it's just a bit inconvenient....but most of all very frustrating and very annoying....its gotten to the stage were i dread uploading to this site......as i said i love this site but i cant deal with the hastle of constant "invalid link...contact webmaster" messages....then having to start all over again.

Then i get another message stateing that "You Have Submitted A Duplicate message" (ect) ...then like u i get the approval e-mails followed by the rejections of the duplicate message's.

So iv decided to limit uploading things here till the problem's are ironed out......i know revamping a site is difficult at the best of times and things can and do go wrong from time to time but it seems to be constant.

There has also been a noticeable drop in uploads and new content here also due to this error....i only hope these issues can be resolved soon before the site looses favour with more ppl and creators than it already has.

Kindest Regards And Best Wishes.

Chris/Sgoobysnacks29

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.- (Albert Einstein) " Simillion Homes 2 & Simillion Homes & Simmillion Hair InSimenator
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#298 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 7:13 PM
sgooby,

The errors with invalid post/thread should be all gone now. I've been working behind the scenes to try and elimate any problems you might see, and it should all be working ok.

With regards to navigating, you can still use the site map to look through the downloads area if you want.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Lab Assistant
#299 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 12:27 AM
Excellent ....glad to see things starting to get back to normal:D

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.- (Albert Einstein) " Simillion Homes 2 & Simillion Homes & Simmillion Hair InSimenator
#300 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 9:53 AM
Default New Look Site
The new site looks excellent - well done you guys. :clap:
Thanks for such a brilliant site, and a big thank you to everyone who shares their work !
:howdy:
Page 12 of 14