Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
Also see if your drivers are updated.
My computer is currently installing the Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 22H2, (it has been at 20% since yesterday ugh) as of now that’s the only update for the driver, however there is a list of optional updates and one of the them is the Intel Corporation Driver Update for Intel HD Graphics 4000, so I’m hoping that that’s the one that will solve it. Once it’s finished, I’ll update you all. Fingers and TOES crossed!!
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cfranck8
My computer is currently installing the Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 22H2, (it has been at 20% since yesterday ugh) as of now that’s the only update for the driver, however there is a list of optional updates and one of the them is the Intel Corporation Driver Update for Intel HD Graphics 4000, so I’m hoping that that’s the one that will solve it. Once it’s finished, I’ll update you all. Fingers and TOES crossed!!

Yup, fingers and toes crossed! :D
I suppose updating drivers might solve the error issue.
I really have no idea why the game can be so fussy about things sometimes.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 8:29 PM Last edited by cfranck8 : 9th Apr 2024 at 8:41 PM.
IT WORKED!!! Except now the game itself won’t open. I noticed there are quite a few more updates that my computer needs and is installing now. Hopefully once those are done, they will both work? The error message I get is “Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate”
Instructor
#29 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 9:05 PM
IT WORKED!!! Except now the game itself won’t open. I noticed there are quite a few more updates that my computer needs and is installing now. Hopefully once those are done, they will both work? The error message I get is “Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate”

Oh no! This is a weird problem. A quick google search of the error showed me that the most common advice was to download Graphics Rule Maker.
Here is a thread on EA's site about this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-The...-0c/m-p/3205351
Don't install Graphics Rule Maker so far if you haven't :
Here's this Reddit thread's first comment about why not to: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims2help/...ic_rules_maker/
We shouldn't risk this as you already have problems with DirectX errors (If I'm correct )
And here's what to try:The Reddit post's first comment might be my best advice. If playing in Windowed Mode works, install the RPC launcher and try borderless fullscreen.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 9:35 PM
I just did some more updates as there are many that my computer has. After a few, the game was able to run again, but then I got the original error for Bodyshop. I’m going to continue to update it for the next day(s) and see if it works. If after all the updates, only one works, then I’ll look into following the links to the Reddit post. Before, I had issues with my computer working properly in general, and when my brother (a tech professional) fixed it, he said it just really needed to be updated. I hope that’s just the case this time.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 10:50 PM
^ Which updates are you doing? Just regular Windows updates? Those are for Windows, and generally don't do anything for the game (although there has previously been a few updates that caused issues with graphic chips and the like). Just don't assume they'll magically fix anything.

I had a DirectX error with my game, but playing in windowed mode solved it, along with fixing the ratio for the screen + game, making sure they matched.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 10:58 PM Last edited by cfranck8 : 10th Apr 2024 at 1:00 AM.
They are driver updates and I’m pretty sure it can be a root cause if not THE root cause, as after doing one or two, my Bodyshop started working again. Then when I had to do a restart, the game started to work again, but Bodyshop had the same error it did before, and since I had this issue before with my computer not being updated, it’s behaving in a similar way. I will see about playing in windowed mode if all the updates don’t work, but for now it’s just a wait and see. And hope!
-EDIT: I decided to have it run in windowed mode (which I successfully did) so that way if Bodyshop decides to work again, the game will too. Still waiting on the updates to complete..

Now my laptop doesn’t want to update anymore. I may try again tomorrow, but I don’t know what else to do if it continues to not want to update.
Instructor
#33 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 1:44 PM
@cfranck8 Try the launcher I linked with borderless fullscreen as playing in windowed mode solved it.
Here's this link on playing with borderless fullscreen
Don't go out of your way to do all this, just try borderless fullscreen.

About BodyShop, here is an old thread on it: https://thesims2.livejournal.com/637755.html?noscroll
Try again with the updates. There is still a slim chance of hope with this.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 2:55 PM
I was able to run the game successfully in windowed mode. Yay! But the Body shop is still giving the error message. I looked at the Reddit thread and the update was still not working. I’m assuming now it was because it was the most recent update and my computer is a 2015, so I decided to do the updates in their chronological order, and I was able to get them to go through. I thought that would mean that the most recent update would go through but it still doesn’t want to update. And the Body shop is still not working.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 3:07 PM
I was able to run the game successfully in windowed mode. Yay! But the Body shop is still giving the error message. I looked at the Reddit thread and the update was still not working. I’m assuming now it was because it was the most recent update and my computer is a 2015, so I decided to do the updates in their chronological order, and I was able to get them to go through. I thought that would mean that the most recent update would go through but it still doesn’t want to update. And the Body shop is still not working.

Do you have any of the expansions? A newer BS might help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 3:11 PM Last edited by cfranck8 : 10th Apr 2024 at 4:58 PM.
I do have multiple expansions, but they are back at home (I’m away at school) I can try to reinstall the base game..

Update: Reinstalling the game didn’t work. Body shop still won’t open
Instructor
#37 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 3:59 PM
I do have multiple expansions, but they are back at home (I’m away at school) I can try to reinstall the base game..

Update: Reinstalling the game didn’t work. Body shop still won’t open

Have you also installed the EP's you have? I don't know if having a newer BodyShop like Charity said will work, but it's worth a try.

Mad Poster
#38 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 5:57 PM
He said that they were still at home.
Page 2 of 2