Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 4:49 AM
My guess, which may be way off without seeing the .packages or projects themselves, would be that you may have (intentionally or unintentionally) used the same project at some point in the process for both and so there are deep references that they share. With both installed, only one is 'winning' at contributing those parts in the end.

You could try using S3OC's 'Fix Integrity', which will renumber and standalone-ify a package. Some objects take to it better than others, so it's not abnormal if it still breaks in a different way after this.
Otherwise, I'd probably just delete V2 and remake it on a new clone entirely.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ElvinGearMaster
Hi. Its me again. (Im starting to feel like I need to open these with pleasantries-)
So Im making six pillars, two versions with all three wall heights. Its all going fine and dandy until I open it in game aaand the v2 medium and tall heights are for some reason linked to the first version. The short wall height for version 2 is fine though?? And it all looks fine in the TSRW. And yes, I did change the instance numbers. I also know it cannot be because I used the same mesh for both versions because otherwise the short version 2 would also not work.
Pictures included for convenience

It's actually a flaw in TSRW when cloning build items. The workaround should be saving your project, then at the new project screen re-import your saved project then at the screen where the project name is shown change the text in every space which you can edit later anyway. Export it again and yes, your cloned object should be magically renumbered successfully..

more details here (yeah it says walls but pretty sure works with other build objects too):
https://bioniczombie.tumblr.com/pos...e-catalog-names

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 7:47 AM
Also I have been thinking for a bit and I want to take all of these helpful guides and advice and collect them in an easy to access blog that wont get buried by new posts. Because if not for you guys, Id still be floundering. Old links are dead and gone and other experienced modders just dont interact with the community anymore.
I just want to ask permission as I will be copy and pasting words and taking photos and I want to ensure everyone is a-okay with that. Obviously, everyone will be credited. But yea. I just want to make sure its okay to do.
Instructor
#29 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
actually a flaw in TSRW

So, the one time I resisted being a crotchety old badger about TSRW, it was actually TSRWs fault this time? I'm back to being a hater next time I swear

I just want to make sure its okay to do.

Fine by me
I plan to put together a 'Cardinal's Curio' of smaller tips I've given or discovered on my own sometime, but there is no need for it to be secreted in any one place. The more places it is accessible, the better.

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 11:36 AM
Also I have been thinking for a bit and I want to take all of these helpful guides and advice and collect them in an easy to access blog that wont get buried by new posts. Because if not for you guys, Id still be floundering. Old links are dead and gone and other experienced modders just dont interact with the community anymore.
I just want to ask permission as I will be copy and pasting words and taking photos and I want to ensure everyone is a-okay with that. Obviously, everyone will be credited. But yea. I just want to make sure its okay to do.

I too don't mind, actually. By any chance, is it tumblr where you'll post these bits of info? If so then you can freely mention my username too (found in my signature).

Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
So, the one time I resisted being a crotchety old badger about TSRW, it was actually TSRWs fault this time? I'm back to being a hater next time I swear

It's a love-hate relationship in my case. I just keep using it despite the random tantrums it throws from time to time..

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 3:11 PM
[QUOTE=aisquared]I too don't mind, actually. By any chance, is it tumblr where you'll post these bits of info? If so then you can freely mention my username too (found in my signature).

Yep. On my Tumblr. Im still cleaning up my ancient blog to make it like sim based and neat, but it will happen soonish. And good to know!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 5:02 PM
https://cats-n-witchcraft.tumblr.com/

Bit rough, haphazard but the bones are in place. Links to both of your tumblrs has been placed in Navigation. I hope thats okay!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 8:15 AM
Of course I don't!

Though I've never encountered a problem similar to that when making fences so I couldn't tell from theory what went wrong. So I guess I need to see the project files themselves and try to get around rhe problem. If @ElvinGearMaster would allow, of course..

Ive been poking and prodding for a while and I just cannot make it work. How do you make a fence thats like the supernatural fence where if you click and drag there isnt a post on every tile?
Instructor
#34 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 12:41 PM
I know how to fix it in S3PE, but looking through TSRW couldn't find the equivalent setting- doesn't mean it's not in there somewhere.

Click on the CFEN resource, then the Grid button on the bottom panel, and change the TileSpacing number to all zeroes:

(You can export TSRW projects as .package from Edit > Project Contents > Export, just in case the default format has been a limiting factor in using S3PE).
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 1:47 PM
I know how to fix it in S3PE, but looking through TSRW couldn't find the equivalent setting- doesn't mean it's not in there somewhere.

Click on the CFEN resource, then the Grid button on the bottom panel, and change the TileSpacing number to all zeroes:

(You can export TSRW projects as .package from Edit > Project Contents > Export, just in case the default format has been a limiting factor in using S3PE).

Thank! Will let you know how it goes and absolutely adding this to the tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 1:51 PM
Or you could just give the mod2 mesh part (the part where the fence post is) an empty mesh (a single face mesh resized waaaay too tiny) and extend your main fence (hlod) and diagonals (mod1) to the point where the post should be, to give a 'no post' effect.

I wish I could illustrate further but I'm just typing through my phone right now as I'm away from my pc

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 2:15 PM
Or you could just give the mod2 mesh part (the part where the fence post is) an empty mesh (a single face mesh resized waaaay too tiny) and extend your main fence (hlod) and diagonals (mod1) to the point where the post should be, to give a 'no post' effect.

I wish I could illustrate further but I'm just typing through my phone right now as I'm away from my pc

That sounds like something Id massively mess up tbh. Good news though! The S3PE method worked!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 2:28 PM
One problem down, another one popped up. Both PNG and DDS files result in this. Im not exactly sure if I want to mess with the shaders on the meshes either.
Screenshots
Instructor
#39 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 3:34 AM
One problem down, another one popped up. Both PNG and DDS files result in this. Im not exactly sure if I want to mess with the shaders on the meshes either.

Could you elaborate what the issue is here / what it was intended to look like that isn't happening? I'm afraid I can't see an obvious issue in the screenshot.

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 8:24 AM
Could you elaborate what the issue is here / what it was intended to look like that isn't happening? I'm afraid I can't see an obvious issue in the screenshot.

Oops my bad
Its meant to look like this, with gaps between the railings.
Screenshots
Instructor
#41 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 8:58 AM
May need to see the file to see what's wrong.
The default fence shader should support transparency, but it may need configuring in the material properties if the one you cloned wasn't using it. Or may just be something simple, like the mask needing the same alpha to stop it trying to recolour the invisible parts.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 9:35 AM
The default fence shader should support transparency, but it may need configuring in the material properties if the one you cloned wasn't using it. Or may just be something simple, like the mask needing the same alpha to stop it trying to recolour the invisible parts.

Aah okay. Ill try with a different fence base but here is the file still. Just in case knowing how tsrw can be
Attached files:
File Type: zip  EGM_Sims4_Vampire_Fence_Iron_Tall.zip (468.6 KB, 0 downloads)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 10:03 AM

So I did do some fiddling and cloned the gothic wrought iron fence. That works swell in game! Im also poking the alpha property so I can work out how to apply it to the gate I want to convert as well.
(I feel a bit silly that I didnt think of using a different base ngl :'3 )
Instructor
#44 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 11:55 AM
Sounds like good progress!
I think it's the 'Alpha Mask Threshold' property in the Material Editor. It's a 0 to 100 value, but it's less to do with opacity and more to do with how strict it should be on cutting out the mask. Zero is no transparency. The base game cemetery fence is set to 75. 100 may be harsh on soft edges / shades of grey on an alpha, if I were to guess.

Page 2 of 2