Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2024 at 4:16 AM
Default Proper jealousy for ACR interactions
I just noticed that sims don't count cheating if it's done trough the ACR interactions. am i missing something and is it possible to "fix" this.
And yes i have set appropriate jealousy in the ACR settings

I need a cigarette
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th May 2024 at 7:59 AM
What jealousy settings do you have and what interactions were you expecting to trigger cheating? EA interactions don't follow ACR rules unless you have the Maxis Cheating Fix.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th May 2024 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
What jealousy settings do you have and what interactions were you expecting to trigger cheating? EA interactions don't follow ACR rules unless you have the Maxis Cheating Fix.

If Daniel does any kind of flirt/kiss with Kaylyn trough the casual menu in front of Mary-Sue she does not react in any way, neither do the kids. No matter what the jealousy settings are set. Like they are a regular friendly interaction.

I need a cigarette
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th May 2024 at 2:45 AM
What flags does Mary Sue have towards him? ACR does fix the issue with kids always being upset when parents interact with someone else.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th May 2024 at 3:19 AM
What flags does Mary Sue have towards him? ACR does fix the issue with kids always being upset when parents interact with someone else.

Friend, Crush, BFF, In Love and married

I need a cigarette
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th May 2024 at 11:32 AM
Then you must have set the settings incorrectly. What does it say her jealousy level is?
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th May 2024 at 11:48 AM
Then you must have set the settings incorrectly. What does it say her jealousy level is?

By default it was in love. But i tried changing it to engagement and married only. That didn't work. I also tried crush that also didn't work. I also tried using the hood and lot globals. Again nothing

Nothing conflicts with acr. I even tired it in a clean environment. I also tried with acr 1.0 and the 0.5c beta. All perfrom the same when it comes to cheating

I need a cigarette
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th May 2024 at 12:10 PM
The jealousy settings seem to only work for the maxis interaction. if i give mary sue no jealousy she will no react to anything ACR or Maxis. And i dont have the maxis cheating fix plugin. But once i change it to anything else it only changes for the Maxis stuff

I need a cigarette
Instructor
#9 Old 6th May 2024 at 7:17 PM
Interesting. Mary-Sue definitely should be making Daniel see stars. Are you playing with a Clean Template Pleasantview or the Maxis shipped version?

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

My spiritual accountability website:
https://bequietnomoreyou.wordpress.com

Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th May 2024 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
Interesting. Mary-Sue definitely should be making Daniel see stars. Are you playing with a Clean Template Pleasantview or the Maxis shipped version?

Tried both same results/ And this is not just Mary Sue. No one reacts to cheating when its an ACR interaction.
Same as in this reddit post. LINK . i am so frustrated it shouldn't but it makes me not wanna play

I need a cigarette
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th May 2024 at 12:40 AM
After testing every possible setting i really think these interactions are not supposed to trigger jealousy. I even installed the game on my boyfriend's computer and the outcome was the same. The only time is when a sim does a romantic interaction by themselves from the maxis interactions.
If someone could run a similar test, get a sim to cheat on their spouse in front of them. By using the casual menu. i need to know if it's only me

I need a cigarette
Mad Poster
#12 Old 7th May 2024 at 1:11 AM
Jealousy works for me. I had two marriages break up due to an ill-timed ACR smooch.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#13 Old 7th May 2024 at 5:09 AM
ACR interactions definitely trigger jealousy, if jealousy is set correctly. Can you take a screenshot Mary Sue's ACR stats, and also of the Sim Blender menu that shows her relationship flags with Daniel?
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th May 2024 at 1:02 AM
ACR interactions definitely trigger jealousy, if jealousy is set correctly. Can you take a screenshot Mary Sue's ACR stats, and also of the Sim Blender menu that shows her relationship flags with Daniel?

This is Mary-Sue's simblender tags towards Daniel

This is Mary-Sue's ACR jealousy settings

And this is her not reacting to it

I need a cigarette
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th May 2024 at 1:08 AM
And here are Cassandra and Kaylin not reacting Don cheating

I need a cigarette
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th May 2024 at 1:11 AM
I have ACR 2.0 with the maxis cheating plugin. No conflicts with ACR and i tried it with testingcheats too, in case the game throws some error but that was not the case

I need a cigarette
Mad Poster
#17 Old 8th May 2024 at 3:18 AM
What flags does Mary Sue have with Kaylynn?
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th May 2024 at 11:52 AM
What flags does Mary Sue have with Kaylynn?

I need a cigarette
Mad Poster
#19 Old 8th May 2024 at 9:13 PM
You must have something that's interfering with ACR. Does the same thing happen if ACR is the only mod installed?
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th May 2024 at 10:10 PM
You must have something that's interfering with ACR. Does the same thing happen if ACR is the only mod installed?

Yes, fresh install on two computers with just 4gb patch. Same outcome Nothing is interfering is ACR.
Can you please run a similar test and post couple of screenshots? i need to see ACR interaction in action, i am very much convinced that these interactions don't trigger jealousy and when it happens is when on of the sims performs maxis interaction autonomously.

There is no other explanation to why ACR won't work properly on two different machines that have no other mods

I need a cigarette
Mad Poster
#21 Old 9th May 2024 at 2:10 AM
I couldn't get it to trigger in my test hood, but that probably just means the trigger is based on some context from organically playing the game that I didn't reproduce there. It works just fine when I play my regular hood. If you really want to be sure of triggering jealousy, you can always use the EA interactions.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th May 2024 at 5:20 PM
I usually have to enable jealousy on my lot in ACR for it to work, otherwise my sims wont react. It should be an option on the ACR object. Perhaps you have it disabled on the lot?