Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 2:38 AM
Default Poly Count Too High!
I'm working on a sofa mesh right now and I finished working on it in Milkshape, so I exported it. I went back to SimPE and tried to import it but it said the Poly count was too High. What can I do to fix this?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 3:41 AM
to fix this if thr poly is to high is to go to settings in SimPE and click advance mode this will let you add any amout of poly in the game.

to reduce poly in milkshape just go to tools and select directx mesh tool should be the second one down and then just slide the bar across until you get your desired amound of poly.

NOTE:thwn you reduce poly your mesh quility is reduced with it.
Instructor
#3 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 4:34 AM
No,Jms. His poly count is actually supposed to be allowed,I believe. Thats not an extremely huge poly count. Im not sure why its not allowing you to import zookini.
Fluffy
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 12:19 PM
SimPE has a set poly and vertex count, something like 1000 poly's, 2500 vertices per subgroup
that's an educated guess, btw. Numenor, if I'm wrong, feel free to protest
if you can't reduce poly's or vertices (remove doubles etc), try JMS's advanced mode method
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 3:10 PM
advanced mode method allways works for me!
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Feb 2006 at 3:27 PM
For myself, I usually try to evenly distribute the mesh attributes throughout the different subsets of the complete mesh after UV Mapping. For instance, if you are working on an object with three parts in the GMDC of SimPE try to spread things out so that SimPE doesn't alert. You should still be in advanced mode and if you do get an error message then go back and reduce the Poly's as described above. You can minimize overall mesh degradation by selecting only the "high" poly portion of the mesh reported by SimPE and then performing the operation.