Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2023 at 1:27 AM
Default Seahorse aquarium 2x1 TESTERS NEEDED!
Using an extracted mesh from Sherlock Holmes, I created a functional aquarium, I tested it in my game Im not sure if it needs pets expansion or not and its not recolorable.
https://simfileshare.net/download/4010634/
Screenshots

Chérie66
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jul 2023 at 3:37 AM
Very nice! I love it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jul 2023 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Very nice! I love it.

Thank you ,Im a little concerned because its so high poly I havnt tried lowering it yet,I dont want to ruin the appearance. I might have to.

Chérie66
Instructor
#4 Old 18th Jul 2023 at 11:28 PM
You could do a lower poly version and see if it still looks good, and if not just let people know the poly count so they can decide if they want it.
Instructor
#5 Old 20th Jul 2023 at 1:01 AM
I took a peek in Blender and: the seahorses have undersides, even though they're a closed object where the backfaces can't be seen.
You can about half the polycount just by removing those
The normals are also a little rough.

You can select each seahorse with L and Delete Faces, then select them again and go to the Mesh > Normals > Reset Vectors to fix both of these issues.
11k to 7k polycount without affecting the appearance.
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jul 2023 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
I took a peek in Blender and: the seahorses have undersides, even though they're a closed object where the backfaces can't be seen.

You can select each seahorse with L and Delete Faces, then select them again and go to the Mesh > Normals > Reset Vectors to fix both of these issues.

Thank you!

Chérie66
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jul 2023 at 3:44 AM Last edited by ChérieDawn67 : 20th Jul 2023 at 3:59 AM.

I put it back in blender and removed doubles this is what it looks like in workshop,not so good.
I will try your way just faces,keeping my fingers crossed it works,im thankful for the help advice is appreciated!
Screenshots

Chérie66
Instructor
#8 Old 20th Jul 2023 at 5:54 AM
I hope it works! I'll take another look if it doesn't come out quite right.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Jul 2023 at 7:13 AM
I hope it works! I'll take another look if it doesn't come out quite right.

it worked faces only the way to go thank you so much with it being in blender tho I saw some fixes I needed to do with the tank to line it up better.Thank you again!

Chérie66
Instructor
#10 Old 21st Jul 2023 at 4:25 AM
Can't wait to see it updated, it is beautiful
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Jul 2023 at 3:00 AM
ok I got the vertices and faces lower but im not happy with the glass part of tank its not good enough so even tho im sharing the download,I will be going thru piece by piece and redoing this I want it to look nice,and I noticed the pebbles inside of tank were not right.
download for the lowered polycount. https://simfileshare.net/download/4023236/
Screenshots

Chérie66
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Jul 2023 at 8:56 PM
sharing this also a WIP. From sims 2 because EA didnt give it to us in sims 3.I will figure it out.
Screenshots

Chérie66