Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Inedible Edibles Part 1: Victuals

by Madhox Posted 17th Sep 2016 at 8:51 PM - Updated 28th Sep 2016 at 7:11 AM by Madhox : updated TOU, included links to related downloads, some minor formatting

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 11:05 PM Last edited by Spiderses : 21st Jan 2017 at 12:49 PM. Reason: just noticed the grammar, lol
These look great!
I have a question, though. Can Sims sell these objects in their stores? I'd love to be able to make a fully functional grocery store, if it's possible.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 11:31 PM
Oh! Many thanks! You just read my mind! That's exactly what i wanted to make by myself. So now i don't have to do this. I always wanted make these objects edibles. :)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 11:40 PM
Maybe would be better to put them in "appliances"->"misc"?
I just remembered that one creator, who made the similar mod, but for TS3, putted such objects in "appliances"->"misc" category. That was more comfortable than in "decorative objects" category. But that's just advice. You don't have to do this, if you don't want.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiderses
These look great!
I have a question, though. Can Sims sell these objects in their stores? I'd be able to making a fully functional grocery store, if it's possible.

They can be sold, and they won't spoil!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Galaxy777
Maybe would be better to put them in "appliances"->"misc"?
I just remembered that one creator, who made the similar mod, but for TS3, putted such objects in "appliances"->"misc" category. That was more comfortable than in "decorative objects" category. But that's just advice. You don't have to do this, if you don't want.

I hadn't thought about that, I put them under decorative since they aren't useable as anything else. Though I think keeping them out of the catalog all together is better than flooding any category with so many items.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 10:55 AM
Thank you so much, playing in an apocalypse so it's nice to decorate especially now that they won't clean or remove it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 4:35 PM
This is wonderful, I was just wishing I could put a meat department in my little supermarket. Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 9:58 PM
Thank you, just like a couple of others had stated, this would be great in my store!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 3:14 PM
Food Glorious Food! awesome!
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 4:54 PM
My English is not perfect. So I thought I might ask. Inedible edibles, meaning that they can't be eaten by the sims?
I thought so in the first place, but got confused when you say they won't spoil.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Sep 2016 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
My English is not perfect. So I thought I might ask. Inedible edibles, meaning that they can't be eaten by the sims?
I thought so in the first place, but got confused when you say they won't spoil.

No, they can't be eaten, they are decorative only
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 6:03 PM
After getting Get To Work, I immediately remembered how this was just sitting here waiting for me. Thanks for these lovely details. This is one of my fave clutter cc now. Thanks so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 11:38 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before...but can I keep these items from showing up when I try to purchase things like repair parts and ingredients (GrayCurse's mod)?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 5:18 PM
Hi. I declare myself a hearted, devote admirer (I am not shure if I wrote this the right way ...); you are completely adorable, please go on with your wonderful work! :)
Instructor
#16 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 2:15 PM Last edited by LuvMySimz : 12th Feb 2020 at 8:30 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by _Elk_
YEAASSSSSSSS!!!! They aren't bound to that freaking white plate, OMG YES!!!!!! Thank you soo much! single cookies without the STUPID PLATE! Who eats a single cookie on one plate anyway?!? Thank you so much for this!

Exactly! I was looking several hours for unbounded (plate) food objects to put it into pots n pans or bowls myself lol. Some of them are broken though, but that's no problem. I just keep the ones I really want.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 2:15 PM
AWESOME! Thanks for sharing.