Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2023 at 1:23 AM
Default Category Descriptions
I just noticed that the descriptions for different mod categories is missing. For example, Wayback Machine shows that Downloads > Pets had "Man or sim's best friend/Plus some kitty cats too/And some that are bears."

Can these be put back?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 17th Aug 2023 at 5:53 PM
Thats been missing since changing the download pages a long long time ago. (So probably a couple years at least)

I'll look into restoring them, but it's not really a high priority given the amount of time they have been gone

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2023 at 5:34 AM
To be fair, I was gone for the last few years. It would've come up before otherwise.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#4 Old 18th Aug 2023 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
To be fair, I was gone for the last few years. It would've come up before otherwise.

It becomes a priority when many complains about it or brings it up. For it not to have been brought up for all this years meant others were okay with what we have. Like Tash said he will look into it, but know that's not a guarantee that it's going to be immediately as we usually focus on certain aspects that affects everyone together.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 18th Aug 2023 at 11:10 AM
Luckily it's not a big fix. 3 lines of HTML and voila. Descriptions are back!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Aug 2023 at 11:11 AM

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Aug 2023 at 5:38 PM
I had forgotten all about these descriptions, happy to see them back!

(Now can we have the 'powered by polka-dot skimpy panties' type messages on the bottom of the forum back? )
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#8 Old 20th Aug 2023 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I had forgotten all about these descriptions, happy to see them back!

(Now can we have the 'powered by polka-dot skimpy panties' type messages on the bottom of the forum back? )

Sorry I nuked those years ago.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Aug 2023 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Sorry I nuked those years ago.

Banned
#10 Old 20th Aug 2023 at 2:22 PM
Thanks for this useful solution!