Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2024 at 7:03 PM
Default Why does my townie look like this??
Noob question, I've edited this Townie in CAS via “testingcheats on” then “cas. fulleditmode”...it works with all my townies except this one who won't change out of this ridiculous outfit. I've also tried to cycle through other outfits (swim wear, party, formal etc) but i can't find it to delete. Help?

Edit// Ok i found out this is a "weird" San Myshuno sim and un-editable ... is San Myshuno supposed to be SF? I live in SF and no one dresses like this
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 1:11 AM
It's a situation outfit that comes with City Living known as Uniform_Weirdo, it's perfectly normal for them to occasionally spawn on your city lots.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
It's a situation outfit that comes with City Living known as Uniform_Weirdo, it's perfectly normal for them to occasionally spawn on your city lots.

Are they real playable townies or just random nuisances?
Smeg Head
#4 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 7:37 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 26th Jan 2024 at 8:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by labellavienna
Are they real playable townies or just random nuisances?

The latter unfortunately. Homeless and not playable. If player were to add them to a family or just kill them off, the game would soon replace them with another the next time that service is called into action.

Mods are the only way to end this type of nuisance sim generating. Finding the specific Sim Filter Tuning XML for this job and removing the line of code that causes spawning. Thereafter that particular nuisance sim gone forevermore. Doing same for every other type of nuisance sim - and there are quite a few types - you want to stop spawning.

If it's the cockamamie costume that bothers you more so than the sim itself, then you can use mods such as MC command centre to copy and paste better clothing over that stupid outfit, so thereafter the particular sim will be dressed more to your liking when called into service for that job.

However, due to the game's sim culling feature, there is no guarantee the sim who you change the silly uniform for survives very long. As a homeless nobody, they could easily be culled to reduce total sim numbers, replaced by new sim in silly uniform again the next time the job is called into service. And even if you turn off sim culling, again there is no guarantee the game will just continue spawning new sims for the same job, spamming you with useless, pointless sims all because of one silly job. In fact it's more likely the game will spam more and more pointless sims than use the same one sim over and over.

Best to just end them spawning - and spamming - completely.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 2:01 PM
Looks like a villian would wear from totally spies!

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
The latter unfortunately. Homeless and not playable. If player were to add them to a family or just kill them off, the game would soon replace them with another the next time that service is called into action.

Mods are the only way to end this type of nuisance sim generating. Finding the specific Sim Filter Tuning XML for this job and removing the line of code that causes spawning. Thereafter that particular nuisance sim gone forevermore. Doing same for every other type of nuisance sim - and there are quite a few types - you want to stop spawning.

If it's the cockamamie costume that bothers you more so than the sim itself, then you can use mods such as MC command centre to copy and paste better clothing over that stupid outfit, so thereafter the particular sim will be dressed more to your liking when called into service for that job.

However, due to the game's sim culling feature, there is no guarantee the sim who you change the silly uniform for survives very long. As a homeless nobody, they could easily be culled to reduce total sim numbers, replaced by new sim in silly uniform again the next time the job is called into service. And even if you turn off sim culling, again there is no guarantee the game will just continue spawning new sims for the same job, spamming you with useless, pointless sims all because of one silly job. In fact it's more likely the game will spam more and more pointless sims than use the same one sim over and over.

Best to just end them spawning - and spamming - completely.

Thanks! I did find a mod for it which has helped a lot.

For those interested it is the Sim Spawn Overhaul By lotharihoe which forces all sims to spawn with every day clothing. Seems to be working so far
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 8:25 PM
It says a lot about this game that the "weirdo" sims can barely be distinguished from the usual awful outfits townies are spawned wearing 😂
Instructor
#8 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 10:16 PM
No New Random Townie Generated

I used this mod back when I still played it on Windows, and it worked. The mod has been updated to For Rent pack. The link is Patreon but it's free.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Scholar
#9 Old 27th Jan 2024 at 2:40 PM
If you play TS4 on a PC theres always been the option on MCC to dress all spawned situation sims in their everyday clothing or w/e, and avoiding silly Weridos and Raccoon costumes, I really wish their was some type of hidden gem around they will make to restart playing the game like i did 2016, than 2024, but 2024 makes it now feel like their far too far to finetune.