Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 10:09 PM
Default Collecting Skill Journal
While looking into how to create a skill journal that shows up without the actual skill level showing up I looked to the collecting skill as all it is a container of the stats the sim has obtained. As I looked through it I cannot seem to find how the skill journal appears while the skill does not. The XML skill file says that the skill should be hidden and should not show up at all but in the game the journal appears. Has anyone come across anything as to why it appears and how it created the skill for the sim in the first place?

Thanks
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kolipoki
Has anyone come across anything as to why it appears and how it created the skill for the sim in the first place?

The visibility of the skill journal is gated by a call to Skill.IsVisibleInJournal().

----

The "Collecting" skill is added to the sim when they collect something.

You can see the AddElement() call in, for instance, the RockGemMetalBase.Collect.Run() function.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 3:15 AM
I knew about the AddElement() call, but it was the IsVisibleInJournal() that I needed. Thanks.