Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 11:23 PM Last edited by LyokoMala : 26th Jul 2013 at 12:49 AM.
Default How to create default skins with custom skins?
Hello, I have read many tutorials of how to turn custom skins into default skins in the Sims 2 but the problem is that those tutorials were written from 2006 and before and it seems obsolete. As I looked at the comments of a tutorial, this one on the last page, people were having the same problems as I was, when I installed SimPE and Nvidia DDS Tools the "Texture Image" does not show up for me in SimPE and I can't go any further with the tutorial.

I have the most recent version of SimPE and Nvidia.

Can someone please help me figure out why I am having this problem and direct me (or tell me) an up to date tutorial for 2012? Thank you so much. Your answers are really appreciated.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 11:53 PM
At which point does the "Texture Image" not show up for you? When you open a cc skintone to extract the image or when you open the templates attached to this first thread? A picture showing SimPE as the tutorial has would be helpful.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
At which point does the "Texture Image" not show up for you? When you open a cc skintone to extract the image or when you open the templates attached to this first thread? A picture showing SimPE as the tutorial has would be helpful.

Well, I just opened the file a cc skintone and I got this and don't know what to do, but I think the main problem is I don't know how to do the following step.

"3. Importing textures into Default Replacement Template.
Step 1.
Open up the Default Replacemnt Template you want to place your custom textures into."
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 12:30 AM
Your texture images are there, they are just simply not prefaced with TextureImage.

Download the Default_Skin_Templates.rar from the bottom of the first post of the tutorial you linked to. Unzip/rar. Then in SimPE go to File/Open, and navigate to where you unzipped those templates. You can then import the textures you have exported from your cc skins.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 3:45 AM
Wow thank you for that. I have another question though. When I was editing the files from the Maxis skintone to the custom skintone I have I noticed that the Maxis skin does not have a value for teenage female face while the custome one does...is that a problem? It seems like something bad will happen if I save it with that value missing.

Please get back to me when you can, you have been really helpful and I thank you for that.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 5:27 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 26th Jul 2013 at 3:36 AM.
There is a screw up with the Maxis skintones, the teen female faces use the adult female texture. It's a fairly commonly known about problem and there are a few fixes about. Most people don't worry about it. I fixed it with my Corelated Skins, but if you are having trouble just making a default, then dealing with this issue *might* be above your skill level for now. If you want to have a go at it, I'm perfectly willing to walk you through it though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 1:41 AM
Thank you so much Phaenoh for helping me before. Can someone help me on my new problem please?
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 2:09 PM
You should be able to make a new post, there is no restriction on making posts like you mentioned. Also, this is the wrong forum. Please ask your question here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=557
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 12:43 AM
Yay they fixed it just for me! Haha, thanks for letting me know, now I can delete all that nonsense I wrote. Thank you so much! :D
Site Helper
#10 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 1:36 AM
Please don't delete your posts. Leave it for the next person with a similar problem.