Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2023 at 9:29 PM Last edited by foxmanic : 30th Mar 2023 at 4:27 PM.
Default Custom eyes as skin detail/tattoo instead of makeup?
So I've been playing Sims 4 bit more lately and one thing I absolutely hate about the game is how it handles eyes. If you install sets that are actual eyes the color list will get super long and hard to handle so most people have been making their eyes as contacts in the full face makeup section instead - which I also hate since you have to find the correct eyes from your makeup section, remember which one of the tiny color swatches you used for the sim and rinse and repeat for every. single. outfit. type. Ain't nobody got the time or patience for that! And as eye addict who'd love to have million different eye sets in her game that's a big problem.

So my question is: can I just turn eyes into skin details or tattoos? You'd only need to choose them once for the sim and they'd actually stick in every outfit so I feel like it would be much more sensible solution than making them as makeup. But since people don't do it I wonder if there's some reason for that I'm just not realizing yet? I think skin details can be inherited? But I'd actually be fine with my sims inhering the eyes from their parent like that. Is there any other possible downside in using skin detail options for eyes instead of makeup?

Edit: I just learned that apparently when the sim grows up it'll be random which swatch of the equipped skin detail from the set they'll get (for example the birthmark detail changes randomly every time sim grows) so that would mean that the eye color would change every time the sim grows up. That's obviously a downside and would require doing cas.fulleditmode editing of the sim every time they age but you'd also have to edit their makeup to add the contacts for every outfit on growing up too so you'd be editing them either way so not a deal breaker to me personally. Therefore tattoos might be the better option after all. Eye tattoo sounds pretty painful though, lucky that sims don't feel pain!