Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 5:23 PM
Default Wizard Spells
Hi Folks,

So I've been playing the game and been enjoying myself. But had a few questions.

-Does anyone know if there are other spells for wizards besides the 4 that you start with? My guy is lvl 4 right now. I have tried to experiement in terms of making the spells with various ruins. Basically being methodical and trying every combination of the various ruins. For some reason i thought that there were spells waiting to be discovered or something along those lines.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 6:48 PM
Well, I've found that you will get more spells as you level up. But I believe there ARE hidden spells that you find through experimentation.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 6:52 PM
yeah the lesson text under "hero-wizard" confirms as much. I have been experimenting with my wizard right now going one rune at a time, systematically and trying all the various combinations possible. Nothing yet, but i am still working on the fire rune (almost done with it).

Only complication is if there are more than 6 runes available. Anyone know if more runes reveal later on? My wizard is currently lvl 4. Stinks that you can only do 4 attempts before you have to wait a while.
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 7:23 PM
There are certain quests that contain different spells. They are added to your study spells. If a spell is not added into your study spells list, then you cannot prepare it. So no matter how much you try to mix and match runes to get something not in the study spells list, nothing is going to happen. You earn spells through leveling up, and through quests.

Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by prr2freya
There are certain quests that contain different spells. They are added to your study spells. If a spell is not added into your study spells list, then you cannot prepare it. So no matter how much you try to mix and match runes to get something not in the study spells list, nothing is going to happen. You earn spells through leveling up, and through quests.

I can confirm this is incorrect because I taught my wizard sim flare when it was not in the study spell selection. I do not wish to be rude but I do not want to discourage people from experimenting because of misinformation.

Also would like to see a list of all the spell. Curious to whether they are in the official strategy guide.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 8:40 PM
Thanks homeless, would you mind providing the rune combination for "flare". I was wondering if PRR info was incorrect since the hero-wizard lesson hints that other spells are discoverable. I do wonder if there is a level restriction in finding it, i could understand in casting it.

My wizard is currently a secondary hero for a quest, so he's got a lot of time on his hands, so am trying to churn through as many combinations as possible. If i find anything will post in here. In case anyone else is interesting in experimenting also, I've nearly finished all combinations that start with the fire rune. Will start on the Air combinations in a little bit.
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 8:55 PM Last edited by Homeless Chair : 26th Mar 2011 at 9:03 PM. Reason: mt
Magic Spell Rune Recipe

Growth Light, Energy, Air
Flare-- Energy, Fire, Light
Spirit-- Thief Dark, Force, Air
Magic Arrow-- Energy, Air, Light
Curse-- Energy, Dark, Force
Mend-- Energy, Order, Light
Ghostly Music-- Air, Energy, Order
Telepathy-- Light, Energy, Order
Gale-- Air, Force, Order
Terror-- Dark, Order, Energy
Miasma-- Dark, Order, Fire
Teleport-- Air, Light, Chaos
Beacon of Hope-- Light, Energy, Chaos
Sleep-- Dark, Force, Chaos
Inferno-- Fire, Energy, Chaos

Here all the spell out of the strategy guide. I don't know if there is other hidden ones. Enjoy bro
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 9:12 PM
THANKS!

I am actually missing 2 runes: order & chaos, so a lot of those spells i cant do yet. But hopefully at some point will be able to.
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 9:27 PM
newcast: you get order rune at lvl5 and chaos on lvl10. there is also a secret surprise when reaching lvl10-you will be able to replace fatal flaw with legendary trait.
homeless: Gale and Flare are hidden, and Beacon of Hope is acquired (together with strong "wand") when completing genie quest. also, when playing quest with witch attacking city and you play as Medic (i dont know how with other heroes), she will use repedately at one point mix of Flare and Curse.
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 6:46 AM
Beacon of Hope can be prepared prior to obtaining it
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 7:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Homeless Chair
I can confirm this is incorrect because I taught my wizard sim flare when it was not in the study spell selection. I do not wish to be rude but I do not want to discourage people from experimenting because of misinformation.

Also would like to see a list of all the spell. Curious to whether they are in the official strategy guide.

Rachel Bernstein said in the town hall demo that there were hidden spells
Test Subject
#12 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 10:29 AM Last edited by Patko0770 : 27th Mar 2011 at 10:43 AM.
i discovered 2 spells: Friendship: Force,Energy,Light Enslave:Dark,Energy,Force
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Patko0770
i discovered 2 spells: Friendship: Force,Energy,Light Enslave:Dark,Energy,Force

I dunno about that, I have a level 10, and she has failed that every single time I've tried it.

Also I did NOT get to change my fatal flaw to a legendary one at level 10.

I don't use custom content in my downloads unless I believe it is really necessary.
Please do not claim my work as your own.
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 3:48 PM
it happened to me twice. but not on level 10, it can happen anytime in nearly every quest when level is higher than 8. and sorry, thoose spells are only useable in quest with dragon in your kingdom in version where you have to befriend him.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elfykins
Also I did NOT get to change my fatal flaw to a legendary one at level 10.

Legendary traits are quest rewards for certain specific quests -- the quest will say at the outset if a legendary trait is a possible reward.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Mad Poster
#16 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 10:12 PM
Also found a Multiply Food spell on the Starvaton quest.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
Legendary traits are quest rewards for certain specific quests -- the quest will say at the outset if a legendary trait is a possible reward.

I know this. I was replying to this:

Quote: Originally posted by Patko0770
newcast: you get order rune at lvl5 and chaos on lvl10. there is also a secret surprise when reaching lvl10-you will be able to replace fatal flaw with legendary trait.
homeless: Gale and Flare are hidden, and Beacon of Hope is acquired (together with strong "wand") when completing genie quest. also, when playing quest with witch attacking city and you play as Medic (i dont know how with other heroes), she will use repedately at one point mix of Flare and Curse.

I don't use custom content in my downloads unless I believe it is really necessary.
Please do not claim my work as your own.
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 3:04 PM
Default lol
well actually, my wizard got legendary trait at lvl 9 i chose seductive hehe, i did the dragon quest, hint! hehe and with friendship and enslave, i used them for dragon quest, but when finished the quest the spells were removed :/
Instructor
#19 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 3:07 AM
All the possible spells are here:http://www.carls-sims-medieval-guid...roes/wizard.php

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/