Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 6:01 PM
Default Adjusting the dominance values of Maxis eyes?
I want to adjust the dominance values of all of my "natural" colored custom eyes to match the Maxis ones, however, I am not happy with how the Maxis ones are. Brown and Dark Blue are 1, making them equally dominant with each other, as are Grey, Green, and Light Blue because they all have a 2 - which I do not like because I think it's just not right. Is there any way to adjust the Maxis eyes? Where are the files for them located?
Advertisement
Banned
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 11:02 AM
Okay then.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 5:20 PM
First off, that really wasn't much time to give us to respond. Patience is a virtue

To answer your question, find the texture overlays of the maxis eyes (C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins). Export those out into a new .package and change the genetic value there, and put it in your downloads folder. As for numbers you the game recognizes 0-4 with 1 being the most dominant (custom eyes); brown and blue 1; light blue, grey, and green 2. 3 and 4 are very recessive numbers so I'm not sure it will work the way you want, but rearrange and test to your heart's content.