Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 1:23 AM
Editing lots that shouldn't be edited?
Okay, so, I'm looking to build a dance club in Twinbrook, and I was looking at the area around the Science Facility when I noticed a warehouse there called the Twinbrook Train Station (I believe). It's not technically a community lot, and thus cannot be clicked on in Edit Town mode, but my Sims can still visit there. I think it's stupid to have that empty warehouse just sitting there when it could be a kickass dance club! Is there anything I can do?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 8:18 PM
From what I have found on tutorials for Late Night, this is what I've found so for that has helped. With your idea and how you can not click on the warehouse to edit it or even make it a community lot, possibly if you were to message this person ( http://exhibitsims.com/ep-news/late...-in-late-night/ ) they might be able to help you. They have a great tutorial on how to edit the apartments/penthouses & clubs on the link I just provided. Good luck and I hope this helps....
Field Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 11:57 AM
just enter testingcheatsenabled and shift click on the lot in live mode. it should say build on this lot and buy on this lot.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 6:51 PM
rdranger, no that only works in tombs. For this you need testingcheatsenabled and then restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 10:40 AM Last edited by Lacey010 : 3rd Dec 2010 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Correct cheat
I think the cheat you are looking for is something like "EnableLotLocking (True or False)" this is to unlock hidden lots for editing
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 6:29 PM
type testingcheatsenabled true then shift clic on there select buy on lot and if you want to build just press the build button
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thesimsmaster
type testingcheatsenabled true then shift clic on there select buy on lot and if you want to build just press the build button

Yes that does work but whatever you spend comes out of your sims balance, enablelotlocking true works in edit town and therefore costs your sim nothing.
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 5:51 PM
Brilliant! I was wondering how the heck this massive empty lot can be here and not be able to be edited/visited etc. It's been categorised as a Hidden Tomb so no wonder you couldn't do anything with it. I've not checked closely but the building looks very similar to the "All the Rave" Warehouse destined for use in Riverview or the Festival Grounds at the Cannery, also meant for Riverview! Thanks again for posting about this empty warehouse in Twinbrook!