Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 5:10 PM Last edited by dharden : 13th Jan 2016 at 5:21 PM.
Default How are lod90 images for cars used?
I came across lod90 images in this default set for cars by Slig. Each replacement texture had an associated lod90. From the text, I get the impression that they have something to do with the traffic that appears in hood view, but no more than that.

So, what do they do, how do they work, and (most importantly) do I need to make them if and when I do my own car defaults?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dharden
I came across lod90 images in this default set for cars by Slig. Each replacement texture had an associated lod90. From the text, I get the impression that they have something to do with the traffic that appears in hood view, but no more than that.

So, what do they do, how do they work, and (most importantly) do I need to make them if and when I do my own car defaults?

In general, lod90 textures are used for the neighborhood view. I don't know for sure since I've never made a CC car but I don't see why they wouldn't be the same as other objects. If my Sim has a red car in their driveway I'd expect to see a red car from the neighborhood view. Personally, I'd include them just to make sure everything works the way it should.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 8:30 PM
Thanks. I'm still trying to decide on what'll be in the final replacement sets, but I will do the lod90 textures as well.