Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 3:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Apartment Life
Default Installation codes for Expansion Packs not working
I am trying to install Sims 2 expansion packs on my new laptop, but I lost all the manuals that go to the discs so I do not have any of the codes. I don't have the code for the basic game either, but I googled it and used one off the internet. It worked perfectly. Now I have googled for the other codes for the expansion packs as well, but every time I try using one of the codes it never works. It says the code is invalid. I have tried for three different expansion packs so far (Pets, Seasons, Uni.), and all of the codes I get are deemed invalid. Anyone know what I can do? Are the expansion packs just too old and EA made it so they can't be downloaded anymore? Does anyone know where I can find more codes to use? I pretty much tried all the main ones off Google search.
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 4:08 AM
Legally, all you can do is buy new games that come with codes. The only place to do so, now, is on the secondary market, although places like Amazon may still have some new disks left. OR you can download the Ultimate Collection (which includes all EPs/SPs) for free from EA via Origin, if you do so before July 31. OR, there are "illegal" methods -- which, IMO, are perfectly legitimate now that EA itself no longer sells the game -- which will work, but we are not allowed to discuss them here. I'm sure you can figure it out, though. Getting codes off the internet is illegal, too, but not the best way to go about it.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 6:26 AM
I figured out what I was doing wrong. It was a silly mistake. I was searching the wrong name for the EPs. For example, I was using codes meant for Sims 2 University, instead of University Life (the EP *and* 2 collection packs), Open for Business codes instead of Best of Business codes, etc. Not sure why Seasons isn't working still though. I'll just have to keep searching codes.