Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 8:19 PM
Default Broken Floor in Clinic
Could one of the modders here PLEASE try to make a mod to fill in the hideous patch of grass in the clinic? I have aways hated how it shows through the tile and I haven't had any luck finding the right sized rug to cover it up. I realize that the other mods around that change colors of things that we can't recolor in furnish mode just changed the surface detail and not the structural detail but I wanted to throw this out there. I have never been able to understand why the makers of this game had to go and make everything look so damn dilapidated. Our sims are supposed to be in medieval times, when buildings like these would be new or at least in good repair. Obviously these buildings would look run down or even worse through our eyes now, but not then.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 9:15 PM
I didn't even notice it was there! yeah, can we get this fixed, it looks like the grass is melted and oozing into the clinic.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jess_A
Could one of the modders here PLEASE try to make a mod to fill in the hideous patch of grass in the clinic? I have aways hated how it shows through the tile and I haven't had any luck finding the right sized rug to cover it up. I realize that the other mods around that change colors of things that we can't recolor in furnish mode just changed the surface detail and not the structural detail but I wanted to throw this out there. I have never been able to understand why the makers of this game had to go and make everything look so damn dilapidated. Our sims are supposed to be in medieval times, when buildings like these would be new or at least in good repair. Obviously these buildings would look run down or even worse through our eyes now, but not then.

Are you playing Pirates or Medieval? In Medieval the patch of grass is huge like a small lake of grass, in Pirates it's much much smaller like ooze through the floor and the archive is parked over it, almost any of the rugs will cover it in Pirates.

Everything has always looked dirty, grimy, raggedy, and patched. There are slash marks in the market stalls like a bear worked it's way through them. There are broken carts and weird stuff lying everywhere.

Shimrod has a mod that takes off the grime from the buildings. In fact Shimrod has several that pretty up the place.
http://gnautylilgnomes.com/forum/index.php?board=427.0

But the market stalls still look like a bear hashed them, and there are still broken cart parts everywhere and 3/4 of the clothes in the CAS have patches and are raggedy. Because of the way they say the game is made and coded I don't think anyone can fix it.
Instructor
#4 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 3:00 AM
Well, the dark ages were not really a time of beauty. Mostly death, plagues, and poverty.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 4:13 AM
I still hate how everything is dirty and ragged and patched. The grime removal mod is amazing but it's still not very fun to play when you can't change the rest. And everything does not have to be beautiful. My tavern and blacksmith shops aren't beautiful, just simple and rustic. The market stalls are especially bothersome since I want my whole kingdom to look prosperous. And I HATE the broken carts and garbage everywhere

But I am happy to hear that the oozy grass can be fixed. I am playing Pirates but the patch of grass is huge. And it makes more sense to me, to have the archive in the next room.
Sometimes I spend more time decorating then questing, so I notice things like this. Also, the two default ceiling lights in the clinic can't be changed or deleted even with moveobjects on.
They didn't suit the theme I was doing so I had to put them inside the inner wall in between the clinic and the wizards tower that we never see.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jess_A
I still hate how everything is dirty and ragged and patched. The grime removal mod is amazing but it's still not very fun to play when you can't change the rest. And everything does not have to be beautiful. My tavern and blacksmith shops aren't beautiful, just simple and rustic. The market stalls are especially bothersome since I want my whole kingdom to look prosperous. And I HATE the broken carts and garbage everywhere

But I am happy to hear that the oozy grass can be fixed. I am playing Pirates but the patch of grass is huge. And it makes more sense to me, to have the archive in the next room.
Sometimes I spend more time decorating then questing, so I notice things like this. Also, the two default ceiling lights in the clinic can't be changed or deleted even with moveobjects on.
They didn't suit the theme I was doing so I had to put them inside the inner wall in between the clinic and the wizards tower that we never see.

Sometimes you can lower things into the floor as well, since we have no basements. I've done that with a couple of windows I didn't want. It's a shame your patch of grass is so big. And I too spend more time decorating than I do questing. I wish EA would give us a save function. I might make a castle in one kingdom that I really liked and a blacksmith shop in another that I really liked. I would love some function to be able to save individual buildings. At least they saved me time by adding the unfurnished option so I didn't have to spend time deconstructing stuff I didn't like, didn't want or didn't need.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 7:13 PM
I would love to be able to save individually decorated buildings! EA should really put that into a next patch. I started a new kingdom and decorating all the hero's homes again is fun but it is a lot of work. Would be wonderful to start off with my own decorating on the furnished option, then just tweak the colors and patterns for that specific hero.
Instructor
#8 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 8:30 PM
I just read the original post. And realized it does not belong. It is a request, and thus forbidden!

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 10:40 PM
Yes, and it is written in that bold type which should make it twice forbidden! lol.

Possibly the OP should edit the first line such that it reads:

"Could one of the modders here PLEASE try to tell me where I can find a mod to fill in the hideous patch of grass in the clinic?"

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/