Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 10:34 PM
Default Sims doesnt work >=(
My computer is so slow from my Sims 2 games that I cant even play anymore! Do I need a new computer, graphic card, or what?
Advertisement
#2 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 10:35 PM
What are your computer's specs?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 9:27 PM
Your pc is probably ready to be replaced. If you can't afford to replace it you should look at upgrading your CPU, RAM or Video card. Nobody can tell you exactly what you should upgrade without your specs.

If you don't want to upgrade or buy a new system and really want to keep playing the sims 2, try putting all the graphics settings down. Uninstalling EPs and custom content will speed up your game as well.

Also run your antivirus and anti spyware often. Windows has a average hard disc cleaner, and programs like Dedalus and C cleaner will help you speed up your computer by clearing out the cobwebs. Try a defrag also.
shiny!
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 11:54 PM
xacimo I would not go telling someone they need to go buy a whole new computer without knowing far more than they do about it :S There could be so many different reasons that TS2 is not playing well.. Running antivirus/spyware and doing other system cleanup is always a good thing to do regardless of whether or not it increases TS2 performance.. but I mean other than that, let's find out some more information before we make drastic recommendations.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 12:11 AM
callistra: xacimo listed lots of options, he didn't just say "get a new computer now"... you seem to be jumping to the drasitc conclusions...

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
shiny!
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 12:28 AM
Quote:
Your pc is probably ready to be replaced. If you can't afford to replace it you should look at upgrading your CPU, RAM or Video card. Nobody can tell you exactly what you should upgrade without your specs.

Actually I just read what he wrote They SAID they prob need to replace it.. no jumping to conclusions, just reading plain and simple English..I stand by what I said and will in fact reiterate, nobody should go telling someone they prob need to buy a new computer without having adequate information. We don't know anything prob or otherwise except we need more information to help.
Inventor
#7 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 4:38 PM
Wow.. someone's innocent post is being turned into a catfight in less than 60 seconds... LOL (before flaming me.. just makeing an observation.)

ToxicBritneyfan, It would really help if you posted the specifications of your computer. Then we can give you some advise based on what you got to work with.
#8 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 4:42 PM
When I first got my new PC, I couldn't run the Sims 2 on it at all. It lagged and was extremely slow. Since your game is showing signs of that problem, I would probably just recommend more RAM.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#9 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 4:50 PM
Next post here needs to be the original poster's system specs. Please don't post anything else till she's posted that. Thanks.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.