Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2024 at 12:10 AM Last edited by Corylea : 4th Mar 2024 at 9:28 PM.
Default Three New Mods: Flirt with & Compliment Friends, Joke with Good Friends, and Families Are Friends
Flirt with & Compliment Friends: In an unmodded game, the Flirt interaction disappears when your sim's relationship with another sim is over 60, and Compliment/Admire disappears when the relationship is over 40. This mod changes that; Flirt and Compliment will still be available all the way up to 100. My husband and I have been married for 32 years, and we still flirt with and compliment each another , so having those things disappear once sims know one another well seems strange and unrealistic to me.

Joke with Good Friends: In an unmodded, game, sims lose the ability to tell a joke to someone when their relationship goes over 70. So you can only tell jokes to acquaintances and casual friends, not to close friends? In what universe does THAT make sense?

The Joke with Good Friends Mod lets you tell jokes all the way up to a relationship level of 100. Because really, it probably takes someone who truly cares about you to enjoy those silly limericks. :-)

Families Are Friends Mod: In an unmodded game, families are created with a relationship of 20; this mod makes newly created families have a relationship of 50. Because most of us don't live with people we barely know!

This also affects families of sims that the game creates, such as Anybodies and Stranges (but not Downtownies, which already spawn as friends with one another). So if you marry a Strange in a neighborhood that generated its Stranges after you installed the mod, they come with friendships with all the other Stranges...

This mod affects only NEWLY CREATED families, so families that were made before you installed it will not be changed.

All of these mods require PersonGlobal.iff, but you can NOT have more than one PersonGlobal.iff in your game. Because PersonGlobal.iff contains a lot and controls so much, if you want more than one of these mods, you need them already made into a combination, because you cannot have TWO PersonGlobal.iff files in your game. But don't worry; I've made them! And it was a bit of a hassle to make so many different combinations, so I hope you like them!

==> DO NOT PUT THESE IN YOUR DOWNLOADS FOLDER!!!

INSTALLATION: These mods go in your Maxis\The Sims\GameData\Global folder. There are some other mods out there that also use the PersonGlobals.iff file; you can only have one at a time in your GameData\Global folder. I can make other versions of this mod -- ones that incorporate those other mods -- if there's enough interest.

Thanks to @EphemeralToast for drawing these issues to my attention.

You can get the mods at http://corylea.com/FlirtWithAndComp...orTheSims1.html

Have fun!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2024 at 4:00 PM
Ahh what a great idea! Michael Bachelor should absolutely be able to Growl at and "Awooga awooga" his sexy wife.

Question: does the Compliment action still provoke jealousy in coupled sims and does it cause romance hearts if used on a sim with a relationship over 70? Since it behaves so oddly in an unmodded context. I can test if unsure.

Thanks for doing this!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2024 at 6:12 PM Last edited by Corylea : 2nd Mar 2024 at 6:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by EphemeralToast
Ahh what a great idea! Michael Bachelor should absolutely be able to Growl at and "Awooga awooga" his sexy wife.
Absolutely! Research on real-world married couples shows that compliments are part of a good marriage, so we need compliments to be available when the relationship is over 60. :-)

Question: does the Compliment action still provoke jealousy in coupled sims and does it cause romance hearts if used on a sim with a relationship over 70? Since it behaves so oddly in an unmodded context. I can test if unsure.
The file that makes Compliment cause jealousy is a different one than the file I modded, so it still causes jealousy unless you use C&C's No-Jealousy mod that I mentioned earlier. The no-jealousy mod requires a different file for each type of interaction, so you can simply use the files for the ones that you want NOT to cause jealousy without installing the ones that you DO want to cause jealousy. They have ones for Compliment and Dance, in addition to the more romantic types of interactions.

I'm pretty sure that Compliment does NOT give sims hearts when used over 70. Since Maxis didn't allow sims to use it in relationships over 60, they didn't put in the code that causes an interaction to lead to hearts.

Thanks for doing this!
Thanks for saying so. And thanks for posting your most interesting analysis of sim interactions, which is what prompted the mod in the first place. I've credited you on the page for the download. I'll look into modding some of the other stuff when I get a chance -- I want Entertain over 70 -- but as I mentioned before, chronic illness greatly limits how much I can do in a day.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html