Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2023 at 6:54 AM
How do you change the prices of objects in the sims 1?
How do you change the prices of objects in the sims 1?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 26th Dec 2023 at 4:59 PM
If it's a downloaded object, you can open it up in the Transmogrifier (usually called TMog for short), which you can get at The Sims's Depot's Must-Have Programs page. Once you've opened it in TMog, how to change the price should be pretty obvious, but if you need an orientation to TMog, you can find one at Awesome Expression.

If it's a Maxis object, then changing the price of an existing object is something that you need some skills to do, or you could seriously mess up your game. So the usual thing people do is to CLONE the object, then change the price of the clone, which is incredibly easy. You use TMog to clone the object; the tutorial I pointed you to above will show you how. The cloned object will be added to the in-game catalog as a separate object, but it will be exactly like the Maxis object, except in price.

Have fun!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jan 2024 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
If it's a downloaded object, you can open it up in the Transmogrifier (usually called TMog for short), which you can get at The Sims's Depot's Must-Have Programs page. Once you've opened it in TMog, how to change the price should be pretty obvious, but if you need an orientation to TMog, you can find one at Awesome Expression.

If it's a Maxis object, then changing the price of an existing object is something that you need some skills to do, or you could seriously mess up your game. So the usual thing people do is to CLONE the object, then change the price of the clone, which is incredibly easy. You use TMog to clone the object; the tutorial I pointed you to above will show you how. The cloned object will be added to the in-game catalog as a separate object, but it will be exactly like the Maxis object, except in price.

Have fun!

THANK YOU! ☺ ☺ ☺