Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 2:51 PM
I generally don't bother with Miranda at all, so I'll take your word for it *I guess I just didn't pay much attention to her* But Ashley, I agree, I couldn't stand her.

And I thought of another one: Colette, from Tales of Symphonia. Now it's been quite a while, but if I recall right, I thought her voice-acting wasn't very good, her script sucked, and her constant apologizing got on my nerves. I was happy when she couldn't talk, but even then, she managed to irk me.

Hm, seems like I had someone else in mind as well, but I don't remember now. Oh well. OH! I got another one! Random trainers in Pokemon. You just want to get to the next fucking town, but nooooo, you got either sneak your way past them (the ones you could, anyway) or fight your way through, and and it can become so tedious, you just want to punch them in the face and run away. Hitmonchan used Hit-and-Run. It's super-effective! Hitmonchan ran away.

Is that a shillelagh in your pocket, or are you just sinning against God?
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 5:28 AM
Actually, unless I'm mistaken, using Miranda as the bubble projector causes someone else to die. Which just makes matters worse. Mordin is the easiest character to lose in the Suicide Mission (I like Mordin, though he's not my favorite by a long shot), and Miranda the hardest.

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#28 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Synthesis
Actually, unless I'm mistaken, using Miranda as the bubble projector causes someone else to die. Which just makes matters worse. Mordin is the easiest character to lose in the Suicide Mission (I like Mordin, though he's not my favorite by a long shot), and Miranda the hardest.

Agreed. Mordin was a stroke of genius. Truly. I just love ME. Can't wait for the next one. Jacob is not popular in ME2. I dunno why. I wouldn't call him annoying though.
Instructor
#29 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
Navi.

THIS. A THOUSAND TIMES THIS.

Rinoa from FF8. I didn't like the whole 'damsel in distress' thing she had going on. She gained sorceress powers and still kept doing it! If I were her I would have taken advantage. And poor Squall, she was SO clingy! It just drove me mental. I actually knew a girl exactly like her in high school! We were friends, but those particular traits of hers made me want to tear out my hair!

Cait Sith from FF7... Idk. I'm still bitter that he was a spy, I think.

Aaaand Sora from Kingdom Hearts. I liked him the first few times I played the game, but his attitude started to grate on me after a while. I sort of sympathized with some of the Nobodies. They seemed like they were just lost to me, and manipulated by Xemnas, and Sora seemed so self-righteous like he had the right to choose who was allowed to exist!

Oh man I almost forgot! Hojo from FF7 as well. Ffffffff. Hate that man!
Scholar
#30 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 11:38 AM
Aliens type G in Insaniquarium Deluxe. And also type II. It's very very anoying!!!

Hey there! :)
Instructor
#31 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 8:34 PM

Victorrrrr
Mad Poster
#32 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 8:53 PM
Alex from MOTHER 3. I absolutely HATE playing the first chapter of that game because of him. His behaviour is downright retarded.

For those who haven't played/heard of MOTHER 3, let me explain.

In chapter 1, you meet two young boys, Lucas and Claus, who are staying round their maternal grandfather's house (Alex) with their mother. There are weird people going through the forest that separates Alex's house from the boys' home tinkering with the wildlife and making them into fearsome monsters, and just generally fucking shit up. One of the types of creatures that gets messed with is a Drago. A type of dragon thing, pretty big when fully grown, gentle as all hell though. 'Til these sods come and mess them about.

The boys don't return home on time, and their father Flint has to go and find them, and he along with the villagers go investigate, until one of them finds Lucas and Claus washed up from a river, with their mother dead, a Drago fang straight through her chest.

Later in the chapter, at the mother's funeral, Alex and Flint are surprised that Claus isn't anywhere to be seen and ask Lucas if they know where he's gone. Lucas inadvertantly reveals that Claus took Flint's knife and went to kill the Drago that murdered their mother. So it's a big 'oh God no' moment and Flint and Alex make preparations to track down Claus before he can find the Drago and get himself killed.

The really, really, SERIOUSLY irritating bit comes after meeting a band of people named Magypsies (in short, they're flamboyantly gay crossdressers who speak in hearts. Go Google for a better explanation) and Alex and Flint discovers that one of them found Claus and sent him off with a super strong psychokinetic power to help him avenge his mother's death. Alex freaks out a bit like 'how could you he's just a kid' and all that and then immediately turns retarded as soon as he leaves the Magypsys' place.

He tells puns. I freaking shit you not, his daughter's been needlessly killed, his grandson might go the same way and he's telling fucking PUNS.

'The vine is this way. We need to VINEd it. It's diVINE hur hur hur'.

'Flinty-poo <3! I've been working on my Magypsy impression. Did you like it?'

'You need to SMILE'.

I really wish I was kidding. He tells Flint to smile on numerous occasions. Under those circumstances. Fuck Alex, man [/rant]
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#33 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 1:35 PM
For the Navi haters.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Scholar
#34 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Agreed. Mordin was a stroke of genius. Truly. I just love ME. Can't wait for the next one. Jacob is not popular in ME2. I dunno why. I wouldn't call him annoying though.

I don't drool over Mordin like a lot of people do, but he is entertaining at times (and not so much at others). And I prefer him to Miranda very much.

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
Alchemist
#35 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 3:24 PM
What's the problem with Miranda? She's my favourite ME2 character. In exchange, I can't stand Jack, who's acting all superior and has too many lyres. She should be grateful that Shepard saved her.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Field Researcher
#36 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 4:03 PM
navi the fucking fairy! shes a total pain in the ass!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#37 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Synthesis
I don't drool over Mordin like a lot of people do, but he is entertaining at times (and not so much at others). And I prefer him to Miranda very much.

Who drools over Mordin? He's the comedy relief (and very funny at times).
Scholar
#38 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Who drools over Mordin? He's the comedy relief (and very funny at times).

Some people think Mordin's the greatest thing since sliced bread, so to speka (and do drool).

I think he's merely entertaining and humorous. I don't really like using him in combat.

Lab Assistant
#39 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 6:01 AM
Mrs. crumplebottom in sims 2.
Ripto from the spyro series.
Chris redfeild from the RE series because he is massively overrated.
Every character from the legend of spyro series.
Niko Bellic- GTA IV.

When you see a fallen officer... HELP HIM/HER UP. Or suffer the wrath of thors hammer! GRRRRR
Alchemist
#40 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jay_envy
Victorrrrr

Hell yes! And, OMG, if you shoot him by mistake, he goes all crazy with his stupid machine guns. THEN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY WAY, YOU MOTHERF***ING ROBOT!!!

Speaking about Fallout NV, the NCR. No exception. I always join either Mr. House or the Legion. I HATE NCR. Oh, wait, one exception, Rose of Sharon Cassidy, as a matter of fact, she's one of my favourite characters. I dislike NCR because they think they're sooo great, but the Legion is far more powerful. They should have been eliminated in the battle of Hoover Dam. Plus, they do no good, they just stand there and do hookers in Gomorrah, or outside it. Really? Good soldiers, yeaah, you'll certainly win any battle, no worries there.

Lab Assistant
#41 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 9:03 AM
about victor, i agree. And his voice makes me wanna eat a screw. Also like you said, shoot him by mistake, he goes loco. And he also stalks you, and he eventually tries to kill you later even if you help mr house.

When you see a fallen officer... HELP HIM/HER UP. Or suffer the wrath of thors hammer! GRRRRR
Test Subject
#42 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 1:18 AM
Bourbon in Metro 2033.

The levels with him in it are the ones that make me shake my head & talk to myself.
Do you know how 'fun' getting shot at by about 10 different enemies at the same time is? And then dying around ~30 times on the same level and taking three days to get past it? Just to save his ass because he got caught by some people that he owed or something like that.
:l
Scholar
#43 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 2:13 AM
Queen Elizabeth of England:

"Would you like a trade agreement with England?"
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”

I have never hated the British as much as I do now.
Test Subject
#44 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 11:25 PM
How about that fat bear on Spyro???

MONEYBAGS!!!
Ew.
:]
Scholar
#45 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 3:54 PM
Also, Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes. I personally find him somewhat annoying, but that's also a reflection of the fact I find the game somewhat annoying too.

(Someone's going to swoop down and tell me just how wrong I am...as though they know my mind better than I do. I sense it.)

Dr. Hansen from Starcraft 2 got on my nerves to by trying to psychoanalyze all my Starcraftin' and warmakin' in general. Not a fan of that. Thankfully, the minor plot divergences allow you to remove her from the plot if you so choose.

Forum Resident
#46 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 4:47 PM Last edited by brillo_pad : 23rd Aug 2011 at 2:29 AM.
Captain Boo, or w/e the fuck his name is.. from mario kart. When he comes near you *WCHEE* *WHCAAH* *WCHEE* - Shut the FUCK UP! Dude..

EDIT: King Boo.. my bad. He still needs to shut the hell up.

Go suck an elf...
Field Researcher
#47 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 11:58 PM
I remember that as a kid, playing Animal Crossing, Pudge was my least favorite animal in the whole village.
Test Subject
#48 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 1:47 PM
I hate Resetti from Animal Crossing! >_< But I kind of like hating him lol.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 5:42 PM
All GTA characters.I hate GTA!
Alchemist
#50 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 11:02 PM
Well, pretty much every monster in Fallout, but the cazadores are just... UGH! Sooo annoying! They frickin' come out of nowhere! Jesus!!! I HATE THEM!

Page 2 of 5