Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#3176 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 3:22 AM
Mine has limited empathy, yes. And is more a lickspittle than having charm.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#3177 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 6:38 AM
Okay, when I said let it snow a few hours ago, that was when I thought our snowfall would be measured in inches, not feet. Two feet of snow is WAY more than anyone needs. I change my order to (Don't) let it snow.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Forum Resident
#3178 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 8:28 AM
What about 2 feet of walking hairballs?

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3179 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 11:21 AM
Is he yours? He's adorable.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3180 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
TGIF- and let it snow!

As a Sims player, I would like Fallout 4 to have a "explore sandbox" mode, where no creatures jump out at you. But I guess no shooting in a shooter game doesn't make sense to anyone, well anyone who isn't a simmer.

I am reading "The Psychopath Test". Did you know about 1% of the population are psychopaths, including (probably) your boss, because psychopaths use their charm and complete lack of empathy to effectively and efficiently climb the corporate ladder?

Don't know if this would solve your problem but my daughter has been playing Fallout 4 a lot and when we were talking day before yesterday she said the same thing - all the things jumping out in her face were making her too anxious. So she's been using the god mode cheat that prevents you from dying and now can enjoy exploring more.
Forum Resident
#3181 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 1:40 PM
Sadly, Skookum is not my dog. He's still cute though.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3182 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
Don't know if this would solve your problem but my daughter has been playing Fallout 4 a lot and when we were talking day before yesterday she said the same thing - all the things jumping out in her face were making her too anxious. So she's been using the god mode cheat that prevents you from dying and now can enjoy exploring more.

You need to type it in every time you play though.

Personally, it's not bothering me (the fights) but I play shooters anyway. I'm really liking the settlement building though and only wish there were more options and you could tidy up a bit more (there is a mod for that but I don't want to use something like that before the modding tools are officially released).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#3183 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 1:38 PM
Anything important happened in January here on forums? Been half dead all the month, so I couldn't check what's up...
Top Secret Researcher
#3184 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 4:08 AM
@Sigel Welcome back! I am happy you are feeling better!!! The question you asked has a long answer. I will have to get back to you...

New at Simszoo
Scholar
#3185 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 5:27 AM Last edited by pirate_wolf_12 : 1st Feb 2016 at 12:02 PM.
I was re-reading the greatest fanfiction ever, My Immortal, and it reminded me of an old story I was once writing years back on another forum. It was completely over the top but I had fun writing it and I was thinking of revisiting it again, though I forgot most of the original plot. Rando question: What's the best extra curriculum activity for an emo Satanist Slytherin teenag student? Rock Eisteddfod, glee club or cheerleading?

Edit: I've actually been writing quite a bit, nearly four thousand words. Gotta love those once-a-year moments where you're in the zone and are super productive. I might post something but idk
Scholar
#3186 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 6:18 PM
Re: sociopaths, I may have blunted empathy, if not a total lack of it, something I've been working on to completely be rid of. Don't want to develop Stockholm syndrome, it just gets in the way.

Unfortunately, I don't have the charm to take advantage of it, and it does come at great costs. Both the socialing in The Sims and socializing in real life are completely meaningless and empty to me. I get nothing from other people, and so need material things to make my life fulfilled. I've rang up a heavy credit card debt due to this.

Also, not surprised to see EA among the sponsors of the Fine Bros.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Top Secret Researcher
#3187 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
... Rando question: What's the best extra curriculum activity for an emo Satanist Slytherin teenag student? Rock Eisteddfod, glee club or cheerleading?

Cheerleading- definitely cheerleading

New at Simszoo
Banned
#3188 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 9:20 PM
Maybe for some potentially dangerous-to-my-education Sociology, I could exploit a massive loophole in the uniform policy (most likely in support of the LGBT crowd as well) by coming into school wearing a school skirt.
Uniform policy says 'Black Trousers/Skirt', and it doesn't say which gender.
That will be hard to explain to my parents, and the local school uniform retailer. And I probably won't go through with it anyway because of Mr. Soul-Crushing (A.K.A: the principal) and his absurdly-dictatorish rule.
If he does throw me in an Isolation suite for that, then I'll call him out for sexism, and make a big row about it. But unfortunately, it's gonna have to happen in my dreams.
Top Secret Researcher
#3189 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 11:38 PM
You might get away with it if a bunch of other students did the same thing on the same day. There can't be that many isolation suites in a single school.

My MTS writing group, The Story Board
Instructor
#3190 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 11:55 PM
What I don't understand is, since when did skirts not become acceptable for males? Men wore them for countless years back in the day.

Is it not better to be counted among the strange rather than the incurably stupid? ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#3191 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 5:05 AM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 8th Feb 2016 at 8:12 AM.
Woah - skirts are unacceptable? I didn't realize. They're rather standard for many men at the folk dances.

*edited - said it backwards the first time around....typos!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#3192 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 6:31 AM
Most places I know, a guy in a skirt at school can expect to be challenged on it by someone, unless he is so burly that no one challenges him on anything.
Mad Poster
#3193 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 8:19 AM
Most kids in schools are still very concerned with what the world thinks of them. People in many work places also have to conform for the sake of staying employed. Outside of work situations, many adults care less about mainstream culture's opinions and tend to follow their own group. There are so many pockets of societies. I'd like to offer some alternates:

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#3194 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Most kids in schools are still very concerned with what the world thinks of them. People in many work places also have to conform for the sake of staying employed. Outside of work situations, many adults care less about mainstream culture's opinions and tend to follow their own group. There are so many pockets of societies.

I'm in the US and there is a man that wears a kilt to work where I'm employed every day. Our society really needs to be more open to this, I mean, REALLY. I know in some places that might not be tolerated, but there is nothing wrong with it. He wears a nice blazer with it and it's work appropriate. I love all the pictures shared here, it makes me think about how Celtic men have always been some of the most manly men, and they always used to wear kilts/skirts. Some people these days just don't know what manly really is.

Is it not better to be counted among the strange rather than the incurably stupid? ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Banned
#3195 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
You might get away with it if a bunch of other students did the same thing on the same day. There can't be that many isolation suites in a single school.

Well there's also exclusion, and/or being sent home to change.
It's a HUGE loophole, and I'm keen to exploit it.
Top Secret Researcher
#3196 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 4:17 AM
I will miss all of you wacky and wonderful survivors. Catch you on the flip side...

New at Simszoo
Theorist
#3197 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 4:42 AM
I hope we can see each other on other places...

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Field Researcher
#3198 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 10:11 AM
Let's have one last party to celebrate this wonderful thread!
Scholar
#3199 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 2:35 PM
*provides ice cream*
It's not a party without ice cream, people!
Banned
#3200 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 3:30 PM
Now while I may resign from the MTSbook concept on the day, I will not resign from modding.
It is finally done. Time to take some screenshots.
Page 128 of 130