Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#12726 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Every time I've sent my sims to P.U.R.E at 1am, there's been 3-4 pregnant middle-aged suburban moms hanging out. I don't want to have to ban them outright, but come on. You have 5 children, go home. You're killing the vibe.

If I had 5 children I'd want to get away as well.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12727 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 6:36 PM
From an architecture/design standpoint I love making skyscrapers, but with only a few exceptions it seems like they're always just becoming apartments... what other types of lots could you imagine being fun to play if they were built into a super-urban skyscraper shell?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
#12728 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 6:49 PM
My sim has a fear of dying... in third person???

Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12729 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
My sim has a fear of dying... in third person???
Pleasure Aspiration, Ten Nice Points, Ten Neat Points, Nine Outgoing . . .
And worried about dying when she's still a teen.

She sounds a lovely person! I'd like to meet her! Any chance of you posting more about her?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Inventor
#12730 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 7:24 PM
Maybe she has created a good relationship with herself to be considered a candidate for that want.
Test Subject
#12731 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
From an architecture/design standpoint I love making skyscrapers, but with only a few exceptions it seems like they're always just becoming apartments... what other types of lots could you imagine being fun to play if they were built into a super-urban skyscraper shell?

That's a good question! with some cheats ive managed to make a 12 story building. But ive seen people make up to 16 floors. Ive made each floor an apartment , or sometimes two floors per apartment.

I have tried to make an office building as a community lot where sims can have offices and meet with clients, but havn’t finished it yet. They can also be single floor shops — recording studios, offices that sell or showcase home flooring or wallpaper.

I hope that gives you some ideas!!
Alchemist
#12732 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 1:55 AM

I once re-decorated that tall building from Downtown as a mob hangout...offices, a restaurant, a nightclub. A penthouse on the upper couple of floors, and a telescope lookout at the very top. Lower floors had shops and a generous foyer.

The office floor had a swanky corner office for the head honcho, a big room with desks etc for the workers, and a break room.

There was a 'secret' room at the back of the ground floor, with a boarded-up window, where the local mafia (including aforesaid head honcho) apparently stored their ill-gotten gains and museum thefts. And a cell for locking up the spy they discovered (with a lie detector machine to use on the poor captive). It was fun to imagine the stories.

The penthouse was of course not able to be rented, but one could set it up to be a main-hood hotel probably, and then the sims could have one-night stands.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Field Researcher
#12733 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
She sounds a lovely person! I'd like to meet her! Any chance of you posting more about her?

Thanks for showing her some love! I can share a few things about her, though I have to mention that I don't really know her that well. She's still a teen, and I only start getting to know my sims when they're older.

Her name is Joane, and she's the youngest of three. She has a great relationship with her mom, but a pretty mediocre one with her dad and her two siblings, as they haven't put in the time to have a lot of quality time together. However, her best friend is her cousin Nevil. Their parents live together, sharing the grandparents' house, so these two basically grew up as siblings. Her favorite color is red, she loves science and art. She still hasn't met anyone that she likes romantically, but she's always trying to make friends with everyone she meets. I think she's going to be interesting to play later on.
Mad Poster
#12734 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
Maybe she has created a good relationship with herself to be considered a candidate for that want.

Is the fear of yourself dying actually a valid fear or a glitch? I wouldn't imagine that you'd have a relationship with yourself.

Thanks for showing her some love! I can share a few things about her, though I have to mention that I don't really know her that well. She's still a teen, and I only start getting to know my sims when they're older.

Where did you get her clothes from? And the toddler toy she's playing with. Oh, and the outfit worn by the only adult in the painting picture. XD And the ponytail hair.
Field Researcher
#12735 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 5:50 PM Last edited by LauraPamplonaS : 25th Mar 2024 at 6:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Is the fear of yourself dying actually a valid fear or a glitch? I wouldn't imagine that you'd have a relationship with yourself.

I don't know for sure, but I think it's a glitch. I've never seen it before, but I don't know

Where did you get her clothes from? And the toddler toy she's playing with. Oh, and the outfit worn by the only adult in the painting picture. XD And the ponytail hair.

This is when having an organized cc folder and cc tracking spreadsheets comes in handy, as I can quickly go and check where I got stuff from haha.

Her outfit: https://deedee-sims.tumblr.com/post...-ah-i-wanted-to

The adult's clothes: https://www.tumblr.com/rascalcuriou...ys?source=share and https://alwayssims2.tumblr.com/post...t-yesterday-but

Ponytail: https://amidalasims.tumblr.com/post...-of-pooklets-v3

Toddler toy: https://modthesims.info/d/220665/ne...or-toddler.html
Test Subject
#12736 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 11:14 PM Last edited by Eristreams : 26th Mar 2024 at 12:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
I once re-decorated that tall building from Downtown as a mob hangout...offices, a restaurant, a nightclub. A penthouse on the upper couple of floors, and a telescope lookout at the very top. Lower floors had shops and a generous foyer.

The office floor had a swanky corner office for the head honcho, a big room with desks etc for the workers, and a break room.

There was a 'secret' room at the back of the ground floor, with a boarded-up window, where the local mafia (including aforesaid head honcho) apparently stored their ill-gotten gains and museum thefts. And a cell for locking up the spy they discovered (with a lie detector machine to use on the poor captive). It was fun to imagine the stories.

The penthouse was of course not able to be rented, but one could set it up to be a main-hood hotel probably, and then the sims could have one-night stands.

Ha!

What did your mob family wear?
Also what job do you give them?

Edit: i dont want you to think i am laughing at you… not at all. love this idea. Definitely worth trying as i was just wondering what to do with the only playable downtown building. So timely! One of my own families is kind of like a mob family, but theyre more just manipulative and mean and like to create fights between people.

Nice post!
Mad Poster
#12737 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 11:32 PM
In my game a personality including 10 Neat and 10 Nice depicts that the sim is prone to suffering with anxiety. So trying to be everyone's friend, and worrying about dying, fits into that quite well. Science (wanting to know the truth of everything) and artistic tendencies fit into that too.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#12738 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 12:13 AM
A 9 or 10 nice points includes a ridiculous looking idle system. The person sways left and right overjoyed about something and puts on a smile. Then he stands 10 or so seconds with that frozen smile. I have a nice barista that does that. I think there is a flag for telling them not to do personality idle, but I kinda want to see all varieties of animations. During a chat, a fully nice person is extremely kind and claps his hands in response to what the other person has said. If he is a grown man, that looks weird.
Mad Poster
#12739 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 2:00 AM
It only looks weird if you're not used to men being Nice.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#12740 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 6:12 AM

Hotels. Offices. Also there's a lot of skyscrapers in NYC have multiple floors of a single business (like department stores or the giant 4-story Toys R Us that used to be in Times Square) and then apartments or offices on top.
Mad Poster
#12741 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 8:07 AM
I don't know for sure, but I think it's a glitch. I've never seen it before, but I don't know

This is when having an organized cc folder and cc tracking spreadsheets comes in handy, as I can quickly go and check where I got stuff from haha.

Her outfit: https://deedee-sims.tumblr.com/post...-ah-i-wanted-to

The adult's clothes: https://www.tumblr.com/rascalcuriou...ys?source=share and https://alwayssims2.tumblr.com/post...t-yesterday-but

Ponytail: https://amidalasims.tumblr.com/post...-of-pooklets-v3

Toddler toy: https://modthesims.info/d/220665/ne...or-toddler.html

Thanks! You would not want to see my CC folder. XD

Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Hotels. Offices. Also there's a lot of skyscrapers in NYC have multiple floors of a single business (like department stores or the giant 4-story Toys R Us that used to be in Times Square) and then apartments or offices on top.

The problem is that most of those would be unplayable, because you can't have more than one business or apartments and businesses on the same lot.
Theorist
#12742 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
If he is a grown man, that looks weird.
What do you mean? Are the animations off/glitched?
Mad Poster
#12743 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
What do you mean? Are the animations off/glitched?

I presume that he meant that for grown adults to do it looked a bit childish?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12744 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 12:41 PM
What about a 1950s computer? The reason why I didn't play computer games as a child or a teen is that computers then were enormous and cost zillions. I often joke that, if you wanted a computer when I was young, the first thing you had to do was buy or build a skyscraper to keep it in.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Alchemist
#12745 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eristreams
Ha!

What did your mob family wear?
Also what job do you give them?

Edit: i dont want you to think i am laughing at you… not at all. love this idea. Definitely worth trying as i was just wondering what to do with the only playable downtown building. So timely! One of my own families is kind of like a mob family, but theyre more just manipulative and mean and like to create fights between people.

Nice post!

I didn't really get that far...the mob family was largely what I imagined as a backstory when other sims visited the lot. Presumably they would have a criminal career!

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12746 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 10:31 PM

Huge department store! I have a more modest version seen here:

(The connected hexagonal buildings on the right). It's a department store, with clothing, videogame shop, restaurant etc on different floors. You could perhaps make a cyber cafe, or gym, or gaming arcade on some levels? Or a night club?

What about a 1950s computer? The reason why I didn't play computer games as a child or a teen is that computers then were enormous and cost zillions. I often joke that, if you wanted a computer when I was young, the first thing you had to do was buy or build a skyscraper to keep it in.

I was lucky, when I was nine I had one of these and wrote my own, very simple, computer games.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZX80
Forum Resident
#12747 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 3:30 AM
The problem is that most of those would be unplayable, because you can't have more than one business or apartments and businesses on the same lot.

You can with mods. Maybe not the toy store or other OFB stuff, but I have restaurants, grocery stores, clothing stores, bars, coffee shops

https://modthesims.info/d/352602/ap...e-same-lot.html

Many of Zarathurstra's builds are set-pieces anyway; you can't actually use the radio tower or hospital but it looks awesome.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12748 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It only looks weird if you're not used to men being Nice.
I try to be nice to my Sims, and I think I generally succeed.

Sadly I fear I'm not always as nice to my fellow Simmers. Sorry!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12749 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 12:46 PM
I try to be nice to my Sims, and I think I generally succeed.

Sadly I fear I'm not always as nice to my fellow Simmers. Sorry!

You are always very nice to your fellow simmers, I think!
Theorist
#12750 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You are always very nice to your fellow simmers, I think!
I definitely agree
Page 510 of 516