Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2024 at 1:14 AM Last edited by TheGmaiden665 : 11th Feb 2024 at 2:31 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Some interactions dissapeared from the sim menu
Hello Simmers!!! I hope you can help me with this stuff, so, everything was ok in my game actually (I have a kinda old PC) but one day, some options (not all options) from the sim menu (you know, when you select a sim with a single click) dissapeared, for example, walk to lot..., blow bubbles, jump rope, and my witches can´t cast almost any spell except inflammo and magivestigium, I also have the sim manipulator menu and the add-ons and it still working too! I don´t know what could be the cause because I think I don´t installed bad CC, please help me! what could they be?
thanks fo the help
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Feb 2024 at 2:09 AM
Could be a mod conflict or something like that - not necessarily bad CC, just some items that work fine on their own but not together. There are tools that could help you sort out mod conflicts, like the HCDU (just be aware that not everything that shows up there is a real conflict - sometimes it can be duplicate files, or mods that work if you load them in a particular order, or similar)

Unless you've used mods to unlock spells for witches, there are things they need to do ingame to be able to cast the spells, like studying spells, having a certain alignment (some spells), and making ingredients. Magivestigium requires no ingredients and is a neutral spell, so I think that one is available most of the time.

Blow bubbles and jump rope - not entirely sure about those two, but they could be limited to kids only, or dependent on personality points or being outside. Some options won't be available unless sims have the required amount of personality points or the correct age.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Feb 2024 at 2:37 AM
Thank you very much simmer22!!! I think you´re right, it must be a mod conflict, because everything was going ok for some time! actually the witches are not the only occult that doesn´t work properly, the servos can´t do chores, they are just standing there, and any sim can´t walk to any lot, just call a taxi, I deleted cache and extra files but not the cc, I guess I should check what cc file has the problem?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Feb 2024 at 3:04 AM
Here's an overview of how to sort out CC trouble: https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti..._Custom_Content

Pick'n'mix has an updated/somewhat changed version of the HCDU here: https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...s/HcduPlus.html
Field Researcher
#5 Old 12th Feb 2024 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Unless you've used mods to unlock spells for witches, there are things they need to do ingame to be able to cast the spells, like studying spells, having a certain alignment (some spells), and making ingredients. Magivestigium requires no ingredients and is a neutral spell, so I think that one is available most of the time.

I could be wrong but I think all the spells a Sim knows show up in the pie menu, they're just blocked out if you don't have the right reagents in their inventory. I think the issue here is that the spells don't show up at all, unless I'm misreading.

[QUOTE=simmer22
Blow bubbles and jump rope - not entirely sure about those two, but they could be limited to kids only, or dependent on personality points or being outside. Some options won't be available unless sims have the required amount of personality points or the correct age.[/QUOTE]

Blowing bubbles is indeed limited to kids, you're right. There's a mod that enables it for older Sims: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,14172.0.html

Jumping rope isn't limited to kids as far as I know. Not sure if it's dependent on anything else, like personality.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Feb 2024 at 9:02 PM
Thank you very much for all the help!!! I installed HCDU and i´m searching the issue, wish me luck!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Feb 2024 at 8:43 PM
Hello everyone!!! I was a little busy at the work but finally I played again, unfortunately, it didn´t work I uninstalled a mod from midgethetree who fixes some problems with the occults, but unfortunately the problem still there, and I noticed that plantsims in my game can´t produce spores either, it´s pretty weird because technically "they can" because I installed a mod when witches can choose their broom, and it works, they can fly to lots, but for some reason the interactions of any sim, not only occults, dissapeared anyway, I can´t go jogging or hiking too, maybe I have to delete all the mods or re-install the game? I swear it´s a pretty weird error
Instructor
#10 Old 16th Feb 2024 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheGmaiden665
Hello everyone!!! I was a little busy at the work but finally I played again, unfortunately, it didn´t work I uninstalled a mod from midgethetree who fixes some problems with the occults, but unfortunately the problem still there, and I noticed that plantsims in my game can´t produce spores either, it´s pretty weird because technically "they can" because I installed a mod when witches can choose their broom, and it works, they can fly to lots, but for some reason the interactions of any sim, not only occults, dissapeared anyway, I can´t go jogging or hiking too, maybe I have to delete all the mods or re-install the game? I swear it´s a pretty weird error

Do you know the EXACT circumstances this weird bug showed up?
If it isn't about mods, then maybe something else is going wrong...
Jogging and hiking is limited to hobby enthusiasm: Nature Sims can hike and Fitness Sims can jog. Are you sure these Sims have the minimum enthusiasm requirements to do that?
Are there 7 Sims in the family and your PlantSim can't produce spores? I don't know what happens if there is 1 Sim less for the maximum limit of Sims living does something to the menu with PlantSims because normally EAxis would come up with a clever way to stop you from going away from the limit, but perhaps this is the consequence.
Don't worry, deleting all mods won't help at all since the problem isn't even with CC or mods (It wouldn't be necessary to delete them all even if it was) and reinstalling the game will most likely be unnecessary and time-consuming to do so. :D

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 17th Feb 2024 at 4:59 PM
Midgethetree's mods often have multiple versions depending on what you want and you need to go into that folder and delete the versions you don't need. Their posts usually have explanations of what the different ones do. Different versions of the same mod can conflict with each other since you're supposed to pick one.

Some of the mods, or some versions of a mod, have extra requirements based on what other mods you have.

Maybe you forgot to delete the extra versions or kept the wrong ones?

Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
Are there 7 Sims in the family and your PlantSim can't produce spores? I don't know what happens if there is 1 Sim less for the maximum limit of Sims living does something to the menu with PlantSims because normally EAxis would come up with a clever way to stop you from going away from the limit, but perhaps this is the consequence.

I think OP is referring to spores of happiness. It doesn't spawn a new plantsim, it just raises the motives of nearby sims.