Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 3:57 AM Last edited by lilysim1430 : 6th Aug 2014 at 5:27 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims2Pack file won't install into the game? (UC) SOLVED
Hey fellow Sims 2 simmers! So, I'm going to be starting a Sims 2 series on YouTube and I downloaded a Sim to use for one of my characters (possibly more), and for some reason when I double click on my Sims2Pack file it says windows cannot find the file. I can find the package installer included with bodyshop under a certain file so I know I have it but I don't understand why it's giving me an error. Does it have something to do with having Ultimate Collection rather than the original base game/expansion pack method? If anybody knows how to fix this I'd be very much grateful!

Thank you,

lilysim1430
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 12:14 PM
Yeah, they changed the file paths. You would be better using the Clean Installer programme and changing the default file paths. There's a FAQ somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: yeah, and it's stickied right at the top of the forum:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Collection_FAQs

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Yeah, they changed the file paths. You would be better using the Clean Installer programme and changing the default file paths. There's a FAQ somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: yeah, and it's stickied right at the top of the forum:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Collection_FAQs

This fixed the windows error so thanks for that, but now it's not showing up in my game? I set the filepath the FAQ said to do, and I went to my Downloads to install it into my game. I checked everything and clicked install, I had it on default installation for Downloads under the UC file and told it to save it as .package. I went into my game and the sim wasn't under my sim bin, so I exited and looked at a guide on how to install things into my game on the clean installer, and it told me the same thing I had done before. So I gave it another go, saying no to overwriting files (I hope that didn't mess up my game.... please tell me how to fix it if I did) and I went in my game again, checked the makeup and the eyebrow directory to see maybe her features were scattered out through CAS. Nothing. Do you know why it's not showing up?

Edit: I forgot to mention this. My CC is in fact turned on, and everything else is there. It's just the sim I downloaded and it did say it installed correctly so I don't know why the Sim isn't showing up.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 8:08 PM
Did the Clean Installer actually create the new file in Downloads?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 8:16 PM Last edited by lilysim1430 : 4th Aug 2014 at 8:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Did the Clean Installer actually create the new file in Downloads?

If you mean my Sims2Pack file, it's still there but I don't see one under the same name saying .package so I'm guessing that's the problem. It might also have something to do with my antivirus, when I tried downloading Norton said it was unsafe and deleted the file and I had to restore it so I could install the Clean installer. Could Norton be trying to interfere by not allowing it to create the file? No notification popped up so I'm not totally sure.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 5:11 AM
Hey guys everything is okay I finally figured out how to get it to work! I read a post on TSR by this girl who had the same problem and somebody commented saying to set it to open up with bodyshop package installer so I went into the file properties and changed it to package installer. Next thing you know it's in the game!!! Don't know the deal with Clean Installer, but if anybody else is having problems with your Sims2Pack files not showing up the fix is to use the bodyshop installer! For Windows 7 (this may be for other machines too not sure) go into C:/ - Program Files (x86) - Origin Games - The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Fun with Pets - SP9 - CSBin and there you go. Hope I helped others with the same problem!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 9:55 AM
Ah so they shipped an installer with the game - well, that's good except it means using the in-game installer.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Feb 2024 at 6:46 PM
Default help!!!
Quote: Originally posted by lilysim1430
Hey guys everything is okay I finally figured out how to get it to work! I read a post on TSR by this girl who had the same problem and somebody commented saying to set it to open up with bodyshop package installer so I went into the file properties and changed it to package installer. Next thing you know it's in the game!!! Don't know the deal with Clean Installer, but if anybody else is having problems with your Sims2Pack files not showing up the fix is to use the bodyshop installer! For Windows 7 (this may be for other machines too not sure) go into C:/ - Program Files (x86) - Origin Games - The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Fun with Pets - SP9 - CSBin and there you go. Hope I helped others with the same problem!

Hello, I got new computer and installed the sims 2 UC, everything worked previously with no issues but now i can't download anything through sims2pack installer or clean installer. Evey other mod or cc from downloads folder works but I can't download lots or sims I tried everything, still can't see lots or sims even tho Clean Installer says that it already exists in game and do i want to overwrite it. What should I do? Sorry for my bad english btw
Mad Poster
#9 Old 13th Feb 2024 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IzumiFans
Hello, I got new computer and installed the sims 2 UC, everything worked previously with no issues but now i can't download anything through sims2pack installer or clean installer. Evey other mod or cc from downloads folder works but I can't download lots or sims I tried everything, still can't see lots or sims even tho Clean Installer says that it already exists in game and do i want to overwrite it. What should I do? Sorry for my bad english btw

Did you read the Game Help topic in Maxon's post at the top, spesifically the answer to the next-to-last one about changing the file path?
" Question: Why aren't my custom sims and lots showing up?
Answer: Clean Installer is putting them in the wrong place. "

(You can change it manually each time, or change the file path so Clean Installer does it automatically, the information on how to do so is provided in the help topic).

This is a 10 year old topic, and unless there's new information to bring to it, consider leaving it alone. If you have other problems with the Clean Installer than this topic covers, consider making a new topic, especially since this one is marked as "solved".