Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

True Happiness

by roBurky Posted 22nd Feb 2018 at 11:39 AM - Updated 19th Jan 2021 at 3:26 PM by roBurky : v2.1.1.0 released

84 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 6:38 AM
I'm absolutely in love with this mod! It's funny how swapping the colors on the moodlets makes the game feel so much more fresh. I do have a question about that though. I've noticed that in the pie menus certain interactions have a lot of white space to the left of them. I'm assuming it is related to this mod and is perfectly fine, but I just want to make sure to be safe.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tyjokr
I'm absolutely in love with this mod! It's funny how swapping the colors on the moodlets makes the game feel so much more fresh. I do have a question about that though. I've noticed that in the pie menus certain interactions have a lot of white space to the left of them. I'm assuming it is related to this mod and is perfectly fine, but I just want to make sure to be safe.

Those white spaces are the colour tags showing that the interaction involves a skill that is being boosted by your sim's happiness. It looks a little weird because the game wasn't made to show those tags in white, but you can still tell that they are there.

I have noticed a mistake in the mod where it is adding a happiness colour tag to a couple of interactions that it shouldn't be, which I'll get fixed for the next update.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 2:18 AM
will this still work if I install everything but the effectiveness package that overrides the pie menus?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lemememeringue
will this still work if I install everything but the effectiveness package that overrides the pie menus?

The mod will still work, but it will detect that package is uninstalled, and will turn off the skill and career bonuses for being happy.
Is there another mod that overrides those pie menu categories that True Happiness will be in conflict with?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#30 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 7:23 PM
I am very curious and will try out if it works with all my other Mods. :)
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 8:21 PM Last edited by Buddy92 : 12th Apr 2018 at 9:28 PM.
hey that mod looks awesome but I'm curious right now how this mod and Alien work together, will I still be able to discover Aliens with strong moods and will they still glow?

also is this mod working saves before I used this mod or only for new games?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buddy92
hey that mod looks awesome but I'm curious right now how this mod and Alien work together, will I still be able to discover Aliens with strong moods and will they still glow?

also is this mod working saves before I used this mod or only for new games?

Hi! The mod should cause no problems with alien glows, and the mod can be installed and uninstalled at any time without issue. You don't need to start a new game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 2:36 PM
This is a game changer thank you!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 6:10 PM
I really like this mod, but I noticed that aura from mood objects doesn't work anymore. I removed this mod and they started effecting my sims moods again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 14th May 2018 at 4:26 AM
You are amazing
Test Subject
#36 Old 15th May 2018 at 4:06 AM
Default Recent Aspiration Error
Hello,

I just downloaded this mod and opened up my game with the latest version, and there seems to be a strange glitch where every couple of seconds 1 aspiration point gets added to my sim's aspiration. I thought it might run itself out, but it continued to happen for over a day. Only time this wasn't happening was when my sim was sleeping. I'm not sure what this could be connected to, but having the little green '"1" pop up on my screen every couple seconds was pretty annoying so I unfortunately had to remove the mod. Let me know what ya think!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 15th May 2018 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bailey97
Hello,

I just downloaded this mod and opened up my game with the latest version, and there seems to be a strange glitch where every couple of seconds 1 aspiration point gets added to my sim's aspiration. I thought it might run itself out, but it continued to happen for over a day. Only time this wasn't happening was when my sim was sleeping. I'm not sure what this could be connected to, but having the little green '"1" pop up on my screen every couple seconds was pretty annoying so I unfortunately had to remove the mod. Let me know what ya think!

If your sim was feeling happy at the time, then this was working as intended! Sims will gain aspiration points over time while truly happy. I believe i put an option in the in-game settings menu that should allow you to turn this off if you don't like it. Click on your sim, open the 'roBurky' category, and choose 'True Happiness'
Test Subject
#38 Old 17th May 2018 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by roBurky
If your sim was feeling happy at the time, then this was working as intended! Sims will gain aspiration points over time while truly happy. I believe i put an option in the in-game settings menu that should allow you to turn this off if you don't like it. Click on your sim, open the 'roBurky' category, and choose 'True Happiness'

Oops! My sim had just gotten engaged so that makes a lot of sense haha. My apologizes. That was the first thing I noticed when I opened up my game so I didn’t think to do more investigation. Sorry again! Awesome and much needed mod though!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 19th May 2018 at 11:29 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 5:02 PM
Hi! Icons are missing with latest patch, are you planning to release an update?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:13 AM
does this work with 1.44 seasons?
Test Subject
#42 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 5:36 PM
Hoping this will be updated too!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 5:56 PM
My sims happy moods are grey, but are currently still happy, with seasons installed
Test Subject
#44 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 12:36 AM
Fingers crossed for an update! Anyone who knows of this mod works with Sosialization is fun? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=602167
Test Subject
#45 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 5:53 PM
I can't load into my legacy lot with this mod installed. I get thrown back to manage worlds when trying. Is there any chance of an update? :lovestruc

Simblr | LJ | DW
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 7:31 PM
True Happiness is compatible with the Seasons 1.44 patch, and there shouldn't be any problems with continuing to use it.
There will be an update to the mod coming soon to add support for any new moodlets introduced in the Seasons pack that ought to become true happy moodlets.
Quote: Originally posted by allisas
I can't load into my legacy lot with this mod installed. I get thrown back to manage worlds when trying. Is there any chance of an update? :lovestruc

When you get thrown back to the world selection screen when loading a lot, a LastException.txt file is often generated in your The Sims 4 folder. If you show that most recent LastException file to me, I can help you figure out what mod might be causing it. It's easiest to do this in the #mod-support channel on our Discord server.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leannasteel
Anyone who knows of this mod works with Sosialization is fun? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=602167

True Happiness should be perfectly compatible with that mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 1:16 AM
Thank you @roBurky for your hard work!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 6:29 PM
True Happiness 1.10.0 update uploaded! This adds in true happy moodlets from recent expansions, game packs, and stuff packs. The moodlets from successful holidays and completed resolutions making sims truly happy feels especially appropriate!

If you have any issues or feedback, you are welcome to come join us on our Discord server!

Changelog:
  • v0.10.0, 5th July 2018:
    - Support for new true happy moodlets from Meaningful Stories mod
    - Support for true happy moodlets from recent packs:
    • Seasons expansion pack
    • Jungle Adventures game pack
    • Backyard stuff pack
    • Vintage Glamour stuff pack
    • My First Pet stuff pack
    - These packs were also checked but had no moodlets that required changes:
    • Bowling Night stuff pack
    • Fitness stuff pack