Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2024 at 10:04 PM
Default Sims 3 retail or digital
Do people still buy Sims 3 base game or expansion pack in retail form or is it only digital form?

Was just wandering what are people preferring
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 17th May 2024 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Asking
Do people still buy Sims 3 base game or expansion pack in retail form or is it only digital form?

Was just wandering what are people preferring

I finished my collection with used disks on Amazon. Along the way, got a pre-Origin basegame, which all SP's and EP's are loaded to. Super patch to 1.67, and no more Origin or Steam, and no EA app.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th May 2024 at 12:11 PM
I try getting my Sims 3 games via disc. I prefer physical media. Although, I accidentally threw away a few EP/SPs when cleaning my room, so that sucks, but at least they're on my computer already. Sims 3 made disc installation easy compared to the first two Sims games. I just don't trust digital tbh.
Alchemist
#4 Old 18th May 2024 at 12:35 PM
I have the whole Sims 3 collection on disks. Better that way and many times saves you from a lot of headache.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2024 at 2:49 PM
This has been painful over the decades being in IT, but I have never met an optical (CD/DVD) drive that actually likes me. Digital all the way and I'll cast my vote here for the Steam version.
Scholar
#6 Old 18th May 2024 at 8:48 PM
That's the problem: the optical drives. Every PC I've had, sooner or later the DVD drive stopped working, despite regular use of a cleaning disc, and I had to resort to an external unit. I've got through a few of those over the years too. On my last laptop the built in optical drive would play CDs and could occasionally be coaxed into playing a DVD, but if I wanted to install a game it just made confused clicking and grinding noises. My present machine doesn't have a built in unit, so I have to plug my one remaining external drive into the one and only USB socket. I don't know what I'll do when that one fails and I can't buy a replacement.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

tumblr: Elyndaworld *** tumblr: Queen Lucy (new)