Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 7:56 PM
Default Vertices Numbers ?!?
I'm creating a new cloth mesh and my thin mesh has one more vertices than other meshes, so I need to reduce the number of vertices but I don't know how to do this.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 9:00 PM
The thin/fat and fit morphs are copies from the base mesh and are not edited in any way, just the vertices are repositioned.
Copy the base mesh and make a thin mesh out of it is my advise.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 10:16 PM
You could try using the vertex manual edit tools in Milkshape or the Geom view/list to file option in BodyMorphMaker to list the vertices and try to find which vertex is the extra one. But I agree with Base1980 - unless you can figure out exactly which vertex it is and delete it without removing needed faces, your morph isn't going to work. Better to start over with the base mesh.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 10:28 PM Last edited by moschino98 : 1st Dec 2009 at 10:48 PM.
Thanks for reply. Modifying the base mesh to all morphs it will be a lot of work, and I won't like to start again.
I know which vertex is the problem but I don't know what to do with it.
If you can tell me it will be much appreciated.

P.S. "Back with some details"
I used Manual Edit as you said and this is what I get by selecting the same vertex from base and from thin.

Base:

Thin:

Is there wrong that on Base the number is 1118 and on Thin is 1117?
How to delete the 1688?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 10:53 PM
Thing is, if it's part of a face then removing it won't help unless you can remove that face without damaging the mesh. You could try just deleting it and see what happens, I guess.

Edit: okay, saw your screenshots. First you should check whether there's a 1118 in the Thin mesh as well as the 1117. If there is, you've got even more of a problem because it's possible the numbering in the two meshes isn't the same. (That's always possible anyway, and you should check more vertices to make sure the numbers correspond.)

If not, there's two possibilities. You might be able to make 1117 and 1688 into one vertex and change the number to 1118. I tried to make two vertices into one recently and couldn't figure it out. Maybe someone better at meshing than I am can help with that.

The other possibility is to figure out whether either 1117 or 1688 is not part of a face, and delete it. (I think you hit the 'delete' key? Again, not an expert mesher.)
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 11:08 PM
You can weld identical vertices into one as long as they are not uvmapped seperate.(like the vertices that belong to the seam on the side of a bodymesh)
But i have nasty expriences with welding vertices on sims 3 meshes as the VertID numbers went bizar when i exported the mesh.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 11:58 PM
Thank you both, your replies helped me a lot. Problem solved.